Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is that good price for Cpanel Openvz offer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is that good price for Cpanel Openvz offer?

innyainnya Member
edited December 2012 in General

I saw this promo from ServerHub (INFINITIE.net).
It is good or average price for Cpanel with this bandwidth?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1217576

ServerHub Xpression R7

1GB Guaranteed DDR3 ECC Memory
1.5GB Burstable DDR3 ECC Memory
100GB Raid 10 Storage Space
100Mbit Unmetered Bandwidth (approx 33TB)
1 CPU Core
2 IPv4 Addresses
8 IPv6 Addresses
Includes FREE Cpanel and Softaculous
FREE Instant Setup
Only $18.95/Mo for life

Comments

• I had one not to long ago and it was laggy as hell. We were going to use it for our whmcs but had to many problems with it.

I can offer you

4 Vcpu cores
    2.5 gb Guaranted memory
    100 gb Raid 10 storage
    5TB bandwidth
    3 ipv4 address
    Cpanel & Softaculous

$20.95

• Not bad considering $10-12/mo for a cPanel license with a decent company who has the purchasing power and $1.50 - $3 for Softaculous

• Infinitie / now serverhub(boy was that a long transition)...

I haven't seen good reviews about the VPS offerings, but they are great for dedicated servers.

• This is some dream :):

100Mbit Unmetered Bandwidth (approx 33TB)

• Yea 100mbit unmetered is worth the $18

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The price is good, but buying for price alone is often a bad thing, you can buy one to test and help us by posting a review :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Its a great price, but given how much meat is left on the bone after the license cost I cannot imagine the quality of service is going to be great :)

• qhosterqhoster Member
    edited December 2012

Heavily oversold offer in my opinion. A VPS like this should be at least $25-30/mo.
    Already mentioned they are saying 100Mbit unmetered per VPS as it is for the whole node :)

• I can do it cause I have the license sitting around.

• I use to have an infinitie VPS for $14.95 with cPanel and was not a fan of it, it was quite clear it's heavily oversold and was very slow

• @qhoster said: Already mentioned they are saying 100Mbit unmetered per VPS as it is for the whole node :)

That would explain it.

• @innya said: 8 IPv6 Addresses

Extremely useful for a product that still doesn't support IPv6.

• @mpkossen said: Extremely useful for a product that still doesn't support IPv6.

cPanel, well apache, supports manually adding IPv6 now, and will not trash the httpd.conf file anymore, so baby steps

• innyainnya Member
    edited December 2012

@patrick thanks
    I have an infinite promo openvz vps $3/m 512mb, 30G, 1Tb 3Ips since march 2011.
    It's ok vps. That's why, I was thinking about it when I saw cpanel with 33T bandwidth.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited December 2012

Infinitie.net was good, I had a satisfying $14.95 cPanel plan with them.
    But I ran into problems after it changes into serverhub...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Lowest cPanel offer I saw was 7.5 a month. They do not offer that discount to just everyone, I think it is safe to say they pay 9-10 or so, a 5-6 $ VPS is possible for sure.

• their server really slow, and often show out of memory (too much oversell ?)
    I left them year ago after 2 month.

• cvps = chicagovps? I have 3 vps with them :)

• @miTgiB said: @mpkossen said: Extremely useful for a product that still doesn't support IPv6.

cPanel, well apache, supports manually adding IPv6 now, and will not trash the httpd.conf file anymore, so baby steps

thats true, just adding the right info th httpd.conf can make your site visible and work with ipv6, dont know why cpanel dont just add a "MAKE IPV6 this domain", only copy the info and replace the ipv4 for one of the ipv6 added to server.

http://[ipv6:ipv6:ipv6]

• @dedicados: they will add (basic) IPv6 support in 11.36, which should save some of the manual editing of files.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I used to have a small server with infinitie .. bad experience to be honest.

-oversold like mad (still)
    -payments issues (previously)

This was some years back - their support is good (technically), but they only allowed payment via credit card. The issue went south when I was trying to cancel the subscription, and the support just suddenly "stopped" responding.

I do not recommend them to any one after this incident.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited December 2012

@24khost said: I had one not to long ago and it was laggy as hell. We were going to use it for our whmcs but had to many problems with it.

>

I can offer you

>

4 Vcpu cores

2.5 gb Guaranted memory
    100 gb Raid 10 storage
    5TB bandwidth
    3 ipv4 address
    Cpanel & Softaculous
    >

$20.95

I notice people have been asking for this price from us. We had one cpanel license that we already had and that is the reason we could offer that price.

• @24khost

Very professional to bash another hosting provider and then quote your own.

• @miTgiB said: cPanel, well apache, supports manually adding IPv6 now, and will not trash the httpd.conf file anymore, so baby steps

True, but it's not what customers are looking for (nor what I am looking for). If I could just assign them IPv6s as I can with virtualmin I'd be more happy :)

• I never heard about Infinite.net before so I really couldn't say if the service is good or bad. Is it a good price? Sure it is, because you can't buy CPanel (as a customer) for under $14-15, unless you are a host who gets discount on licenses.

• I believe the price can be better on a LEB provider who has better cPanel discounts

• @mpkossen said: @dedicados: they will add (basic) IPv6 support in 11.36, which should save some of the manual editing of files.

so great! let see how it works, and looks =)

would be a +1 for ipv6 only servers, only the license i dont think it will work. i have to try...

• Well, I got this VPS with old price, my VPS got 16 IPv4 addresses, Unmetered 100 Mbps is true (got about 60MB/s from Cachefly for the first few months, now it's about 20MB/s).

$15/month is really good for this spec :D But now they increased price and got only 2 IPv4 :(

Quick test:

CPU model :            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  3192.929 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1536 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   160 days, 9:30,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 24.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 5.87MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 6.62MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.74MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.89MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 2.48MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.93MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.14MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.5MB/s
    I/O speed :  108 MB/s

• @giang said: Unmetered 100 Mbps is true (got about 60MB/s from Cachefly for the first few months, now it's about 20MB/s)

100 Mbps = 12.5MB/s. You either have Gbit or there is some caching going on somewhere.

• @Wunderbar said: 100 Mbps = 12.5MB/s. You either have Gbit or there is some caching going on somewhere.

Yep, it's more than 100Mbps on my VPS, got more than 12.5MB/s when download from my BuyVM and URPad VPS.