Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS on US East Coast as a VPN proxy for few users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS on US East Coast as a VPN proxy for few users

I am looking for a pretty simple VPS:
At least 128mb RAM, 10GB storage, 1 core is ok. 500GB bandwidth

The duty is an ipsec VPS tunnel end. For 1-3 simultaneous users, typical case being 1.

Should be located on the US East Coast, as close as possible to where the cables to Europe land.

And most importantly, it has to be with a small and/or new provider so the IP is not yet listed in proxy filters.

Currently, I have a tiny VPS with RamNode in NYC, which was just perfect in every way, until Netflix, Hulu et al. started banning their IPs en bloc.

Comments

• Check out moosevz. they are cheap and high quality, no idea how well they work as VPN however they have several datacenters throughout the US including Atlanta which sounds like would work for you.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Sorry for wrongly posting this as under "providers" instead of "requests". I also see now that there are a couple of recent posts to the same effect open already, so sorry for that as well.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

With MooseVZ and DeepNet Solutions VPS, we offer Montreal, Atlanta and Miami on the East Coast.

Thanked by 1RikkiTikkiTavi
  • I use BuyVM and never had any issues or limitations on peak bandwidth through VPN.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    With MooseVZ and DeepNet Solutions VPS, we offer Montreal, Atlanta and Miami on the East Coast.

Do you know if your IP ranges are blocked by hulu, or would you be willing to give me a free trial to find out?

Hi,

I can't tell you to be honest. However, we do not provide trial for security reason. Maybe one of our user can answer to your question.

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Hi,

I can't tell you to be honest. However, we do not provide trial for security reason. Maybe one of our user can answer to your question.

Well, I don't know any of your users...

edited October 2015

We got some from this forum. Let's them answer ;)

At least you have a rapid test I can run from a VPS...

• Well, if you have a server all set up, I guess the quickest way to find out would be to tunnel a browser window using X tunneling in ssh, and then see if an actual video loads on Hulu. Chrome would be easiest, because it has an integrated flash player. The website loads fine even if you ip is blocked. You only get an error when you load content video.

Any other test I know requires setting up a VPN exit or proxy server, which takes a while to get right in my experience.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited October 2015

Or just get some sort of DNS unblock service? I think they work better if all you want is hulu and Netflix. Unblockus is the one I can remember, and there's another one (cheaper) that I might be able to dig up. I'll update here if I do find it.

UPDATE: getflix is the cheaper option.

UPDATE2: tvunblock.com is free, not sure how safe/secure that is.