Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMyBytes: KVM $7 per GB in Montreal, Canada and Phoenix, Arizona [DDOS PROTECTED] Plus OpenVZ!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMyBytes: KVM $7 per GB in Montreal, Canada and Phoenix, Arizona [DDOS PROTECTED] Plus OpenVZ!

HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
edited October 2015 in Offers

Here are the latest HostMyBytes special offers for LowEndTalk readers.

We have KVM VPS priced for you at $7 per GB and we are including FREE DDoS Protection. You get to choose between Montreal, Quebec, Canada, or Phoenix, Arizona, United States. We support bringing your own ISO for those who want to.

KVM DDOS PROTECTED OFFERS:

512 MB Dedicated RAM

1000 GB Bandwidth

25GB HDD Space

1 IPv4 Address

DDOS PROTECTED

KVM Virtualization

$3.95/month (ORDER NOW!)

1GB Dedicated RAM

5000 GB Bandwidth

50GB HDD Space

1 IPv4 Address

DDOS PROTECTED

KVM Virtualization

$7.00/month (ORDER NOW)

OPENVZ PACKAGES

The VPS Resource Pools and the OpenVZ annual are available in four different locations.

Unfamiliar with VPS Resource Pools? We have a new page that explains them a bit more:
http://hostmybytes.com/resource-pools.php.

Wading Pool ($8.49 Now just: $4.49 / month)

2GB RAM / 1 CPU per VPS / 100GB Disk / 3TB Bandwidth / 3 IPv4 Addresses

[ORDER NOW ]

Coupon code: LETWADING

Olympic Pool ($12.49 Now just: $6.09 / month)

4GB RAM / 1 CPU per VPS / 200GB Disk / 5TB Bandwidth / 5 IPv4 Addresses

[ORDER NOW]

Coupon code: LETOLYMPIC

If you want a regular plain OpenVZ server we have those too. Our 256MB annual plan is good for VPN, IRC, and many other things. It is available in all of our VPS locations:

OpenVZ VPS Annual 256MB

256MB RAM / 2 CPUs / 30GB Disk / 1TB BW /1 IPv4 Address / /64 IPv6 Subnet

[ORDER NOW ] $12 /year OR $2 /month [ORDER NOW]

Comments

• Can you please reply to my query on your previous offer thread?

• The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Is it possible to deploy VPS in all the Locations in resource pool ? Or, I'm limited to that specific location that I purchase ?? @HostMyBytes

• Olympic Pool offer is really tempting.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • @Junkless said:
    Can you please reply to my query on your previous offer thread?

@Junkless Sorry about that. Seems we didn't get notification of your query.

How many CPU cores are available in each pool? And is it possible to assign more than one core to 1 vm?

You will have as many CPU cores available as you do IP addresses (so you can assign one core per VM). For instance, if you have a wading pool, you get 3 cores.

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Is it possible to deploy VPS in all the Locations in resource pool ? Or, I'm limited to that specific location that I purchase ?? @HostMyBytes

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL You're not limited to the locations. You can deploy a single VM anywhere you would like.

tenpera said: The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms

@tenpera What are you trying to order? I tested both of the promotion codes on these packages and they both worked fine for me.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited October 2015

@HostMyBytes said:

Ok, no problem. So, is it possible to use all 3 of them to make just 1 VM ? or we can only assign at max 1 core to any VM ?

And is this promotion valid for plans bigger than Olympic pool ?

Also, which CPU cores will we get ? And CPU limits ?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@HostMyBytes said:
    You will have as many CPU cores available as you do IP addresses (so you can assign one core per VM). For instance, if you have a wading pool, you get 3 cores.

Not so clear still. 1 Core per VM you said in the post & here per IP Address. If anyone assigns 2/3 IP addresses to a VM, will that VM get 2/3 Cores respectively ?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Not so clear still. 1 Core per VM you said in the post & here per IP Address. If anyone assigns 2/3 IP addresses to a VM, will that VM get 2/3 Cores respectively ?

You get as many cores as you do VM's. So, if you can create 8 VM's, then you have 8 cores that can be distributed however you would like. That's 4 VM's with 2 cores each or 1 VM with 8 cores. There are tons of different combinations.

Is this clearer now?

Junkless said: Ok, no problem. So, is it possible to use all 3 of them to make just 1 VM ? or we can only assign at max 1 core to any VM ?

You can use all 3 for just one VM. You are correct.

And is this promotion valid for plans bigger than Olympic pool ?

As per LET guidelines we can only post offers that are less than $7/m, but if you need a bigger plan, we'll honor it for you. Just contact us via PM or our helpdesk and we'll be happy to make it work.

Also, which CPU cores will we get ? And CPU limits ?

We run Dual Intel X5650's and Dual Intel L5639's depending on location.

• I've been a customer for a few days, and can say I'm very pleased so far.

Sure, I can't speak for reliability or consistency, but the performance is great right now, given the age of the CPUs. I had some trouble getting set up, and the support was always punctual. They have multiple people on the support staff.

Just hope there were similar providers around!