Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hi,

I am relatively new to the VPS and hosting world. I am primarily interested in a windows VPS and am looking for a provider that offers RDP access with windows preinstalled i.e. a situation where I just need to install the trading program and start trading. As I am no expert with server management etc.

I DO NOT use MT4, i primarily use the ctrader platform and do some coding work with respect to market depth/order book (sort off). I primarily am developing indicators based on it.

Hence good CPU resources are a priority to me. I do use orderbook information for 28 charts/currency pairs in real time.
Data usage at the most will come up to about 400 GB a month.

I have a laptop with - i5 [email protected] and 4 GB DDR2 ram and it is able to more than handle the above requirements quite well

However my current VPS provider's offering got completely stuck with regards to CPU usage.
Current provider config - 'Silver 2' plan as on ->http://www.win-vps.com/english/windows-vps-silver.php

From what I have seen popular forex VPS providers seem to be quite the rip off when compared to the links posted in this forum. Moreover ms latency to broker trading server is not a priority for me as I do not trade breakouts or do HFT.

In short I am looking for recommendations on a good VPS provider, prioritizing on -
1) high CPU availablity ( like that of an [email protected] ghz)
2) stable connection
3)As cheap as possible :P

As of now 'block 4' from dotblock seems to have piqued my interest - http://www.dotblock.com/pricing.php

I was told that the processors were dedicated i.e. 2 cores at 3.2 ghz

Any help would be highly appreciated.

P.S - I must admit I am more of a trader than a techie so please do bare with my ignorance.

Comments