Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for partners - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for partners

Comments

• Aga said: It's a "developer feature" his clients would not want that.

In a freemium puke model, i guess nobody paid for a backup so no backup has been performed.

Thanked by 1Aga
  • @Janevski said:
    In a freemium puke model, i guess nobody paid for a backup so no backup has been performed.

Yeah that might be. Looks like you are informed.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2015

mazgalin said: Yeah that might be. Looks like you are informed.

Cheer up little fella, i am just being ironic.

Anyhow, my point is, i hate freemium services, a word is a word and by that word the job gets done.

No agreement adjustments after an agreement.

• mazgalin said: why do you have to be so stupid?

The only stupid here seem that is you. You insult people because they comment on your total lack of knowledge, professionalism, experience, communication skills. You want to start your own hosting company, offering managed wp installation when you cannot even control your own servers and a random (?) guy that had access from you (?) wiped the servers and you didn't have even a local backup.
    The FIRST thing to know everybody is dealing with hosting and servers (even if buying the smallest vps plan of 1$ per month) is to TAKE BACKUPS, if he has valuable content in it.
    If you don't know even this, then, do not put the blame to others calling them names, when you really seem like fool to this forum.
    And do not forget that you are a very new member and you do not yet built any reputation to save you from being bashed.
    So, learn from your mistakes. As an advise (even if advises are like opinions, and we all know what like opinions are...), if you like what you are willing to build, give in a try. But, first, make a plan and learn even the basics of the field you want to achieve. Having just a random idea without any clue of what or how to do it, is really nothing.

Thanked by 1mazgalin
  • @Janevski said:
    No agreement adjustments after an agreement.

Sorry, it's not that awesome to cheerup when i just lost weeks of work and time of my life cause of some ignorant peep.

The positive thing is that i learned a lot in the process. If I had to start it all over I know exactly how to proceed.

• @Janevski said:
    Anyhow, my point is, i hate freemium services

Great, so don't use them.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • mazgalin said: There should be a backup somewhere, since I'm not the technical guy I don't know to tell.

Did you try saying accio backup?

Thanked by 1Aga
  • mazgalin said: Sorry, it's not that awesome to cheerup when i just lost weeks of work and time of my life cause of some ignorant peep.

The positive thing is that i learned a lot in the process. If I had to start it all over I know exactly how to proceed.

Scrap what you can scrap, count your losses and move on. However, think about what you personally could have done to prevent failure and apply that knowledge for future use.

deadbeef said: Great, so don't use them

Evidently.

• @jvnadr I had a plan and was working on it. I had made a team that didn't work as i imagined. My idea about the team was to give each of them a "department" and they would be fully responsable of their thing. Than all of us would work to put all the pieces together. We had slack for communication and trello for tasks. Everything was perfect from my point of view.

After 1 month of working we opened the first time the registrations and thanks to some blog posts on some wp related blogs and websites we got 200+ registrations as beta testers. From these 200+ there were around 20 of them that provided us with feedback.

I don't think I will leave the idea behind, I'm just gonna work on it harder.

• 'Idea guy' vs the big bad engineers.

Not this again.

Don't give up. Learn from your mistakes and the community might welcome you again.

• @janevski I should just continue with affiliate marketing while learning at least the basics in this new niche. It looked so awesome on paper.

• AgaAga Member

mazgalin said: looked so awesome on paper.

That's because paper accepts anything you put in, no quality check required.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2015

mazgalin said: @janevski I should just continue with affiliate marketing while learning at least the basics in this new niche. It looked so awesome on paper.

Well, that's the difference between engineering in practice and theory.

In theory 2+2=4, in reality 2+2=5 for extremely big values of 2.

The devil is in the details, and the details are a large number of important subset system iterations that actually build the whole system idea. Roughly speaking.

• @janevski As many said here it's all about how the things get done and not about the idea in general. I had an awesome idea that I executed poorly.

• @mazgalin said:
    Everything was perfect from my point of view.

Evidently not. In both of your threads you have shown a tendency to misread the situation. Also you have mis-allocated capital for both hosting and DNS. I would suggest you look at working in teams in a non-supervisory role as a good way to gain experience.

I understand that you have been through a tough time, but I hope you introspect on why things went wrong before you try it again.

• AgaAga Member

mazgalin said: I had an awesome idea that I executed poorly.

You had an ok idea, that was being poorly executed and was highly misrepresented by you here.

It's doesn't really matters, since you can still improve the way you're executing it.

• @Aga said:

Yeah that is true. I was over excited to talk about something that i was working on and that haves nothing to do with affiliate marketing, blackhat seo, etc.

Now i can start all over again.

• @mazgalin said:
    Now i can start all over again.

Your domain name isn't that bad, you should keep it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AgaAga Member

mazgalin said: Now i can start all over again.

Next time don't go all secret about your project and try to state cleary what you have envisoned, what you have done and what you need to get done.

You doesn't have to give all minors details, just be more clear about it. Some thing along the lines of

"My project is a managed wordpress network, where user register for free and create blogs or websites.

The service is free for up to X sites with Y themes and Z plugins if used under our subdomain. Users will have the option to upgrade to paid PLAN1 and use his own domain with more X, Y and Z.

I've been working on it since July, with a team of X peoples. We already have X servers runing HHVM with PHP, we implemented Redis as part of the service so our users don't have to mess with cache plugins.

I still need some work done on the user panel, a better way to manage users personal domains. For the near future we want to be able to have X, Y and Z features, and we would like to have A, B and C feature done after that.

I'm open to answer your question and to discuss it in a more extensive way if needed.

You can reach me at [email protected], on skype myskype"

Not sure if this kind of open approach would be considered better for everyone, but it would be easier for people to understand what you have envisioned, what you have done, what you need done and if they want to be part of that. And it would probably result in more constructive criticism.

Thanked by 1mazgalin
  • mazgalinmazgalin Member
    edited October 2015

@deadbeef How do you know my domain name?

• @aga Very inviting description. I need to start reading more in english so I can improve my communication skills.

• AgaAga Member

mazgalin said: my communication skills

My English is crap... but my Italian is worse so this way was better ;)

mazgalin said: my domain name?

Probably because of google

• Yeah indeed. Anyway after thinking on this for the whole day, things might not be lost. Just need to find someone that can assist me with the servers.

The whole setup was using 3 db nodes and 3 web front ends via clusterfs or something similar. Some time ago cause of a malfunction i rebootd manually all the servers and i got the same result as now, plain 404 nginx page. The server guy did something and everything camed back to normal.

Last night SoftLayer did a massive reboot so I really hope that this is the case and not that evertyhing got deleted.

• @mazgalin said:
    deadbeef How do you know my domain name?

Obvious. I called my pal, Google and he told me about it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @deadbeef Google that knows everthing!

• @mazgalin your profile at LinkedIn also quite promising actually :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vRozenSch00n said: @mazgalin your profile at LinkedIn also quite promising actually :)

Thank you.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mazgalin said:
    Yeah indeed. Anyway after thinking on this for the whole day, things might not be lost. Just need to find someone that can assist me with the servers.

The whole setup was using 3 db nodes and 3 web front ends via clusterfs or something similar. Some time ago cause of a malfunction i rebootd manually all the servers and i got the same result as now, plain 404 nginx page. The server guy did something and everything camed back to normal.

Last night SoftLayer did a massive reboot so I really hope that this is the case and not that evertyhing got deleted.

Feel free to PM me and I'll check it out for you. :)

• @jvnadr said:
    Translation:

I registered here just today, so, I am new and nobody knows me.
    I have this super duper idea that nobody else has thought it, and I want peopel with technical skills to develop it, but I will not disclose details because the idea is indeed super duper, so, I don want any of you creeps steal it from me!
    The idea is soooo good, that is like the new facebook. So good! But I do not know any other people that can jump in this ship, so, I signed today to this random forum to find random people that they will work for me, without even known anything about the idea. Because it is that good!
    The only people I found till now to develop my idea, jumped out the ship because they thought they was partners and proposed things. Things I rejected. And they abandoned me! What kind of morons are they?

I'll give you a dollar for every idiot who goes to that van for candy this Halloween. I'll even buy you a beer :)

• @mazgalin said:
    There should be a backup somewhere, since I'm not the technical guy I don't know to tell.

In your next try, please find a reliable system administrator who does their work well. That includes backing everything up, in a manner that would make such incidents (malevolent deletion of everything) easier to handle.

Good luck.

Thanked by 2netomx mazgalin