Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Looking for partners
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Looking for partners

    Hello everyone my name is Madalin and I'm from Italy. A couple of months ago i started working (2-3 hours daily) on a managed WordPress network. At first i was not sure that this would be a revolutionary service, but as time passes i understood that this project could be very useful for the community.

    I also managed to form a team ( 4 members ) but as time passed some of them started to brag on adding new features that would over complicate things for the project. I have to say that some are very valid features for the project but not the right time to implement. Cause of this my decision to not implement certain features some of the members left the team without saying nothing, the bad thing about this is that they left me with lots of issues that i cannot fix since my technical knowledge is a bit limited.

    I am not providing much info about the project ( I do not want to give the same idea to others and find myself with a lot of competition).

    If anyone is interested in getting more info please leave your email address here and i will contact you with more details.

    Thanks in advance

    «13

    Comments

    • Hi there,

      Please excuse me for off-topic, but I have a curiosity: Are you an Italian or Romanian living in Italy ?

      Best of luck !

    • I like your masterplan for attracting able people:

      I'll let them know how I failed as a project manager, how my project doesn't have any income generating scheme worth mentioning, I'll hide my "idea" because it's "the next Facebook" and they will flood me with applications.

      Sounds like a solid plan.

    • @Andreix said:
      Hi there,

      Please excuse me for off-topic, but I have a curiosity: Are you an Italian or Romanian living in Italy ?

      Best of luck !

      I was born in Romania, my parents moved to Italy when i was 6 years old.

      Thanks.

      Thanked by 1Andreix
    • jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited October 2015

      Translation:

      I registered here just today, so, I am new and nobody knows me.
      I have this super duper idea that nobody else has thought it, and I want peopel with technical skills to develop it, but I will not disclose details because the idea is indeed super duper, so, I don want any of you creeps steal it from me!
      The idea is soooo good, that is like the new facebook. So good! But I do not know any other people that can jump in this ship, so, I signed today to this random forum to find random people that they will work for me, without even known anything about the idea. Because it is that good!
      The only people I found till now to develop my idea, jumped out the ship because they thought they was partners and proposed things. Things I rejected. And they abandoned me! What kind of morons are they?

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • @deadbeef said:
      I like your masterplan for attracting able people:

      I'll let them know how I failed as a project manager, how my project doesn't have any income generating scheme worth mentioning, I'll hide my "idea" because it's "the next Facebook" and they will flood me with applications.

      Sounds like a solid plan.

      Having a solid plan is one thing. Putting it to act is another thing.

      I failed as a project manager but i learned a lot in the process and I am also ready to leave the management part to someone else if this can provide real value to the project. As for revenue the project uses a freemium model.

      Thanks for your comment and non interest in this.

    • @jvnadr said:
      Translation:

      I registered here just today, so, I am new and nobody knows me.
      I have this super duper idea that nobody else has thought it, and I want peopel with technical skills to develop it, but I will not disclose details because the idea is indeed super duper, so, I don want any of you creeps steal it from me!
      The idea is soooo good, that is like the new facebook. So good! But I do not know any other people that can jump in this ship, so, I signed today to this random forum to find random people that they will work for me, without even known anything about the idea. Because it is that good!
      The only people I found till now to develop my idea, jumped out the ship because they thought they was partners and proposed things. Things I rejected. And they abandoned me! What kind of morons are they?

      Yeah you got that right.

    • Not interested but I'll ask an obvious question.

      Does it generate revenue?

    • Not much but it does generate revenue.

    • Sounds like the old gatsby.io before it folded. I forget the guy's name who ran that but he was a regular here. Jolly good chap.

      For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

    • NekkiNekki Moderator

      raindog308 said: Sounds like the old gatsby.io before it folded. I forget the guy's name who ran that but he was a regular here. Jolly good chap.

      @ElliotJ IIRC.

      Thanked by 1raindog308
    • @raindog308 said:
      Sounds like the old gatsby.io before it folded. I forget the guy's name who ran that but he was a regular here. Jolly good chap.

      I saw the threads about that gatsby.io being closed, this is something similar.

    • @mazgalin said:
      I saw the threads about that gatsby.io being closed, this is something similar.

      Please no if you aren't going to give up details what you are up to yea don't expect much people to jump on as it appears some people jumped out when they found out what your definition of "partner" was sorry but when you say partner they are on the same level you are on and have as much say as you do so I don't blame the people that jumped when they found out that correct definition of partner wasn't your definition sorry please just don't sign up on a random forum ask for "partners" but don't say what they will be developing or what the idea is or anything as no offense but I know that I and many other people would be offended if I basically coded the "idea" blindly but yet in the end got stolen and was presented as their own project when I did all the work and you are calming credit for it
      Like what happened to how Facebook was started like when young mark Zuckerberg coded for someone but yet stole their idea and used the code he build for them as his own which started Facebook as we know it today

      CubeData FraudRecord Module: https://cubedata.net/fraudrecord OpenNebula module: https://cubedata.net/opennebula now for blesta & whmcs

    • @timnboys said:
      -snip-

      For the love of, please discover the location of , and . on your keyboard.

    • Can someone just email the dude and disclose what is this all about lol.

      vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

    • cosmicgate said: Can someone just email the dude and disclose what is this all about lol.

      OP already said, it's "managed WordPress". So OP's idea is probably a WordPress installer/maintenance script that can be sold as managed WordPress.

    • singsing said: OP already said, it's "managed WordPress". So OP's idea is probably a WordPress installer/maintenance script that can be sold as managed WordPress.

      If this is the case, then...

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • Ok looks like some of you are more trolls that people interested. In any case just for the sake of thoose that might be interest I am going to provide as much info i can.

      The project is a managed WordPress network and not a managed WordPress hosting. It's built on top of WordPress multisite. The difference between this and many others out there that tryed this approach are the following.

      Hosting is high quality and not one single VPS that will crash as soon as you get to a couple hundred users.

      Themes and plugins are 90% premium ( cooming from Elegant Themes, StudioPress, WPMUdev, WooThemes and some from the official repository) There are more than 200 premium themes for which users don't have to pay a subscription. You know there are lots of users out there that pay expensive subscriptions just to use 1 theme for 1 website. I own subscription with al of them ( i have Elegant Themes life time subscription, the other are all yearly subscriptions).

      The main theme is Divi that from my point of view is one of the most awesome and easy to use themes out there. It will allow end user to build an awesome website without having to code. To provide a more unified building experience i've activated the Divi Builder Plugin that works with any theme on all account by default so users can use the same drag%drop builder with any theme available.

      Some of you might question me " What about support?" We will provide support for everything ( keep in mind that users will not get access to the actual themes and plugins files)that means there will not be complicated support requests. The purpose of the support is to answer and resolve all issues related to building the website, blog or whatever they want to build ( not really sure how WooCommerce works on multisite so shops for now are not doable for now).

      Security well is all handled by us and the job is not that complicated as a real managed WordPres hosting where users get to upload themes and plugins that are downloaded from who knows what website. Everything is clean, and it gets updates as soon as new updates come.

      I am planning to add a wilcard SSL cert as soon as i get some more funds to spend on this so every single subdomain will be covered.

      As for my old partners 1 of them actually left the team cause he wanted to do things on his way. He continued adding new features ( email, ddos protection, dns replication etc) that took our attention from more important things such as ( improving user flow inside dashboard, setting up a proper documentation center, build demos for each theme etc).

      Might seem something stupid not adding new features but what do we use them for if we did not yet launched? It's all wasted time from my point of view. All these features could be added later when we already have a client base. This way they see we are working on improving things and adding new features. This would add more value to the service.

      If anyone have any more question let me know.

    • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
      edited October 2015

      mazgalin said: He continued adding new features ( email, ddos protection, dns replication etc) that took our attention from more important things

      /thread

    • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
      edited October 2015
    • You're violating the Elegant Themes license, no matter which level you subscribed at. ET allows you to setup Divi for someone as a designer...not be a hosting company that says "hey everyone can use this theme".

      And btw, there are many, many hosted WO companies, at all price levels.

      For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

    • @raindog308 said:
      You're violating the Elegant Themes license, no matter which level you subscribed at. ET allows you to setup Divi for someone as a designer...not be a hosting company that says "hey everyone can use this theme".

      And btw, there are many, many hosted WO companies, at all price levels.

      I already asked on each of the theme providers support forums and they told me I can do it as long as I dont share the actual files.

    • BharatBBharatB Member, Provider

      This is the wrong forum to get your stuff going , If I may say its better you go hire people on freelance to do it for you cause all they want is money for the work they do rather than partnership. Here no one's interested in your money or partnership because your explanatory skills are close to 0 and that makes you look shady.

      Thanked by 1netomx

      Readydedis, LLC - Managed Dedicated Servers

    • @BharatB said:
      This is the wrong forum to get your stuff going , If I may say its better you go hire people on freelance to do it for you cause all they want is money for the work they do rather than partnership. Here no one's interested in your money or partnership because your explanatory skills are close to 0 and that makes you look shady.

      I see. Well thanks for the tip.

    • mazgalin said: The project is a managed WordPress network and not a managed WordPress hosting.

      mazgalin said: I am not providing much info about the project ( I do not want to give the same idea to others and find myself with a lot of competition).

      To help you, https://google.gr/search?q=managed+WordPress+network&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=TH8qVsWvJYGbygPTn6ngCA there are tons of those services. And by companies that can back up the whole infrastructure by their own datacenter and a lot of skilled technicians, so, what's the new facebook you bring in there?

      mazgalin said: Themes and plugins are 90% premium ( cooming from Elegant Themes, StudioPress, WPMUdev, WooThemes and some from the official repository)

      Are you sure all of those companies are willing to allow you to sell multiple copies of their designs, with just one license? Do you have their written permission? And what do you mean that they allow you if you don't share the actual files? It is other to have in a WP installation a multisite, and other to resell websites with customizing the templates. Very gray area, IMHO...

      mazgalin said: Some of you might question me " What about support?" We will provide support for everything ( keep in mind that users will not get access to the actual themes and plugins files)that means there will not be complicated support requests. The purpose of the support is to answer and resolve all issues related to building the website, blog or whatever they want to build ( not really sure how WooCommerce works on multisite so shops for now are not doable for now).

      So, your platform will be something like blogspot.com for WP, but with less recourses (maybe a dedocated server?). I still don't see the new, here...

      mazgalin said: I am planning to add a wilcard SSL cert as soon as i get some more funds to spend on this so every single subdomain will be covered.

      An... innovation platform the owner of it cannot afford buying a wildcard ssl? And, if I understand correctly, every WP site will rely on a subdomain? Not their own domain?

      mazgalin said: He continued adding new features ( email, ddos protection, dns replication etc) that took our attention from more important things

      And this is where you screw it completely. You think that DDOS protection to a WP platform and email support for a guy with limited knowledge to built his own site is not so important? And that those things maybe will be added later, depending with the success of your project?

      mazgalin said: All these features could be added later when we already have a client base.

      You are obviously lack of tech knowledge, in marketing capabilities and in business administration. And your idea is not new at all.

      Something really new would be a big free WP platform backed up by a very big hosting company with owned datacenters, with tons of templates and real protection. And the profit could be done from addons, extra services like e-commerce, priority support, bigger space etc.
      Else, could you give yourself a simple reason why this could be a success, when you clearly do not have a big funding base to really support it?
      If you throwing a little money in it, just think it a little better.

      /close

      Thanked by 34n0nx howardsl2 Aga

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • AgaAga Member
      edited October 2015

      mazgalin said: Themes and plugins are 90% premium ( cooming from Elegant Themes, StudioPress, WPMUdev, WooThemes and some from the official repository)

      So, your idea is basically sell a wordpress managed host wher your clients have the same themes they could get on this places but they don't really have access to the files or right to edit?

      When you first hear/read your idea it may sound like a good idea, but then you realize that you will probably use the same theme for at least one year, and it's turn out to be kind of pointless pay to have all those opitions if you will only use one.

      mazgalin said: As for my old partners 1 of them actually left the team cause he wanted to do things on his way. He continued adding new features ( email, ddos protection, dns replication etc) that took our attention from more important

      I like the way you think, planning a head on what you could make to reassure your custom that it was a good deal implementing new features... to bad you are doing it as a cheap marketing trick.

      The absence of DDoS protection , DNS replication will probably be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I get that it's your vision/project and you have the right to say how and when things should be done. And is also everybody else to just walk away from you, and let you sail your very own perceived Titanic by yourself.

      mazgalin said: that they left me with lots of issues that i cannot fix since my technical knowledge is a bit limited.

      This is your problem, you know your tech knowledge is limited, so you found a partner that has better tech knowledge. Your partner, that you got because of his tech knowledge start to implement things he thinks is important. And his opinion is based on the aforementioned tech knowledge.

      And your response towards that is 'Do it my way'

      He then realizes that he can do something better with his time, or maybe he just though it wasn't worth sine you were 'cleary more interested in marketing gimmicks' than in building a reliable product.

      Thanked by 1jvnadr
    • First of all I did not say it's the next Facebook, I just said that I have project that from my point of view can be a success.

      Secondly if there are many companies doing the same that means there is room for more.

      Third I can use all the themes and plugins that are released under GPL license, basically i can do whatever i want with it.

      Forth The wildcard ssl is going to be implemented before launching to public, if i decide to do it now or next week is my problem.

      Fift I am not interested in providing these services as of now. They will all be implemented. There are things more important. Such as the ability of users to order domains from their dashboard, have a more stremlined dashboard that dont confuse user and that shows him exactly what he needs to do in order to build a blog or website.

      And last you are judging people without knowing them.

      Everyone is good at making a service with a large funding base. I would like to see how many people can do it with limited resources.

      Thanked by 1kkrajk
    • AgaAga Member

      mazgalin said: Everyone is good at making a service with a large funding base. I would like to see how many people can do it with limited resources.

      Nearly every single top tech company started with limited resources, if they have any resource at all.

    • @aga The idea is to have a managed WordPress network with all the GPL licensed themes and plugins available. Of course i cannot add all the wp.org plugins as this is not the scope of the service.

      The service is simple. User registers and get a free subdomain type url site.domain.com, he gets access instantly to his dashboard where he can activate whatever theme and plugin he wants. No hassle for updates, no external subscription to pay and complete support for the plugins and themes used on the network ( keep in mind that every theme and plugin present is tested prior to be made available to all users).

      He can than decide if to make his site or blog public or private ( you know you can hide it from publix while you build it and than make it public once is ready).

      Once their website is done they can decide if to continue using the free plan or to uppgrade to a higher plan that gives access to more plugins and themes, more space, dedicated via email support and ability to map a custom domain.

    • @aga Yes that is true. That what i wanted to say to the other peep but i did not express myself good. English is not my main language.

      Keeping the costs low can allow me to have lower entry price than many similar services out there.

    • AgaAga Member

      mazgalin said: @aga The idea is to have a managed WordPress network with all the GPL licensed themes and plugins available.

      I get that, my point is what happens when the client for some reason want to move out to another provider? Will you give him a legal copy of the themes/plugins he's using, or he will have a db dump and nothing more?

      And if he needs a specific change on one of thoses themes/plugins will you start to maintain forks everytime this happens?

      I got that it's seems like a good business model to offer this kind of stuff, it could be perceived as cheaper. But it's also has a lot more shortcoming than buying directly from the vendor, and on the practical side of things it could end up being more expensive for the customer.

      A really thing that you could do better if you used homegrown themes and plugins. I get it's way more work than you probably wanted to have right now, but it would consider it a better deal if your themes/plugins are your owns, and you could really have a say if the customer needed to move to another provider, or need extra features inside some plugin.

      mazgalin said: Keeping the costs low can allow me to have lower entry price than many similar services out there.

      That's not too realistic way to see things, at the end of the day your price will have a direct correlation with your providers price (i.e themes/plugins providers, datacenter/dedi/cloud providers, domain name providers)

      If you are buying every single thing from other company chances are that you will not have lower entry price than many similar services.

    • mazgalin said: Secondly if there are many companies doing the same that means there is room for more.

      So basically . . . you did no market research, and now that several people have pointed out the service you want to provide already exists, you're in "well, there's always room for more" mode?

      This seems very haphazard.

      Thanked by 2jvnadr 4n0nx
    • jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited October 2015

      mazgalin said: First of all I did not say it's the next Facebook, I just said that I have project that from my point of view can be a success.

      There is room for people starting on an existing idea, but with good management, skills, ideas and much work can do miracles.
      The problem with you is that you came to a random forum searching for partners with skills (!), you tried to present yourself and your idea like something innovating, then, when people started to criticize you because of what you wrote, you changed your initial text to disappear the marks of what you originally claimed and then, post by post, changing all the initial meaning of your original thread.

      mazgalin said: And last you are judging people without knowing them.

      I'm not judging you, I spotted on your poorly try to find other people to get them jump in your wagon, with ambiguities and exaggerations. And there is no fault on your English, or misunderstanding.
      Anyway, I hope this thread will be for you a lesson and little bit step for improve a better approach to your project which, true hope, be successful.

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • While I was the first to jump on him because his first post was stupid, after reading all the other things he posted describing his plan, I will say that it is a viable plan, if executed well.

      In case you don't know, there are services that do fine with offering plain html hosting, like https://www.bitballoon.com and https://divshot.com/ The latter was actually acquired by Google to use it along Firebase.

      Thanked by 1Junkless
    • AgaAga Member

      deadbeef said: I will say that it is a viable plan, if executed well.

      Almost anything can be a viable plan when well executed. Maybe I didn't word my previous comments the right way.

      I really think it can be a good service, but it wasn't really well thought out, and it's seems like he's not taking into account some things that he needed to (at least as I see it).

      This kind of oversight IMO it's a deal breaker, if the owner of the idea can't care enough why should anyone?

      To be fair, I'm not his product target audience and could be overthinking some aspects of his business module.

      But I still think that DDoS protection is not a acessory you can throw in products to make clients see "you're working to improve the product", neither is email. And it would be more appealing if the themes/plugins were homegrown and I couldn't get it anywhere else.

      A lot of people here keep jumping on provider because they resell OVH (or anything else), how can this be any different than that?

      Some may say that it's different because he has some sort of panel, website builder, extra function. The same could be said about any vps/dedi resseler here.

      The fact that the themes/plugins are third-party and bound to a license to him and not the client doesn't make it really usefull to me. Since I would probably not be able to easily move my site to another provider if I ever need.

    • mazgalin said: Secondly if there are many companies doing the same that means there is room for more.

      HOLY CRAP! We've discovered the LowEndTalk Motto.

      For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

    • deadbeef said: While I was the first to jump on him because his first post was stupid, after reading all the other things he posted describing his plan, I will say that it is a viable plan, if executed well.

      Yes, now that I know what the plan is, I think something like that could be a good idea, but I could probably execute it better than OP, so doesn't make sense to partner.

      Thanked by 1Aga
    • AgaAga Member

      singsing said: but I could probably execute it better than OP, so doesn't make sense to partner.

      Are you teasing the OP, since he was cleary afraid someone would steal his idea?

    • singsing said: Yes, now that I know what the plan is, I think something like that could be a good idea, but I could probably execute it better than OP, so doesn't make sense to partner.

      And this is why you never ever post / reveal your ideas in public. Any person with better resources can make use of them / beat you to the market

    • AgaAga Member

      ez2uk said: And this is why you never ever post / reveal your ideas in public. Any person with better resources can make use of them / beat you to the market

      Actually this is why ideas are more or less worthless. Even if OP hasn't disclose his idea some of the people here could probably execute better in a fraction of the time and/or cost OP will have.

      At the end of the day the idea doesn't, you can arrive early in the market and still sunk hard when a better executed version of 'your idea' arrives.

    • @ez2uk said:
      And this is why you never ever post / reveal your ideas in public. Any person with better resources can make use of them / beat you to the market

      This is wrong, for two reasons:

      a) Everyone is talk talk talk and no one is taking action. Nobody is going to implement because talking is easy but action is hard. And those who act, are already swamped with things to act upon.

      b) When you have "an idea", it's an unproven thing. When you implement an idea and you don't go down, it's kinda proven. A man of action has to be utterly stupid to go for an unproven thing instead of a proven thing, ceteris paribus.

    • deadbeef said: And those who act, are already swamped with things to act upon.

      Yup. Actually, this is why, in all seriousness, I'm not going to be implementing OP's idea ...

    • I've toyed with the idea of recreating the gatsby.io service. I've never gotten far enough to price it out though. It would have to be some kind of freemium model, with perhaps charging for premium things.

      Dammit now you all have me thinking about it again.

      For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

    • @raindog308 said:
      Dammit now you all have me thinking about it again.

      See? ;)

      Thanked by 1netomx
    • Your biggest problem at this point is not having a developer. As a developer reading this post actually hurts. You're basically trying to profit on shortchanging the developers that make your idea possible. I'm not going to bash on the general idea because if you really want it you could be successful with a company built on top of it. The idea I don't like is the part about the themes. One license is not equal to i can give this out to everyone. If you really want to get off the ground I'd say hire a developer possibly one that can make themes as well. Focus on the base of it and get it running. Don't take your devs for granted they can make your dream into a reality.

    • TehRawrz said: As a developer reading this post actually hurts.

      TehRawrz said: Don't take your devs for granted they can make your dream into a reality.

      Wow, I don't think I've ever read such a blatantly self-serving post before.

      As a "dev", you are worth what you can sell your services for on the free market and no more.

      Thanked by 2george_zip deadbeef
    • @aga When users want to move out i provide them the theme and plugins he is using as I was a designer of the website. He gets his website with all his content and everything. He will not receive updates or anything. If he wants to go ahead and continue have updates and everything he is free to go an acquire the subscriptions for the various themes and plugins as he would normally do.

      @microlinux I already did my market research and yeah there is still a lot of room in this niche. Keep in mind that wp.com grows at 50k sites daily ( around 80% of these are spammy and built for SEO purpose and 20% built by private users for their own things). Also keep in mind that atm only half of the globe have a stable internet connection.

      @jvnadr I am sorry if what I wrote made you think I had the idea for the next facebook. I did not changed i just explained better so that people can understand. Yes I blew it with the first post and I'm trying to work and fix that. There is always room for improving.

      @deadbeef The guys here on this forum are 99% developers and their point of view is regarding options for developers. This is not what I am trying to do. There are lots of awesome solutions for them.

      @raindog308 ...

      @singsing That is an awesome idea. You should do it.

      @tehrawrz I could always hire one :-) As for the wp themes and plugins read this http://stewaard.com/2015/08/27/leadpages-vs-elegant-themes-unethical-innovation/

    • AgaAga Member

      So everytime someone want to move out you will give them a copy of plugins and themes because you were the 'designer of the website'. Let's see how long does it take before your hard time with licenses begin.

      There're one thing you're not being able to wrap your head around, DDoS protection is not an 'options' for developers. Actually products for developers are usally way more raw than anything you have described. DDoS protection is one of the things that will keep your product on, and or customers paying you.

      How well do you think you can build a business on top that ideia if your clients get easily DDoS anytime, for anyone without too much effort?

      And how will you handle all that DDoS on your clients sites? You said early that you were planning on do hand-holding support for your clients, how do think it will be if you get 10 clients after midnight on Saturday (of your timezone) starts to open ticket because their site is down. If you billing/ticket system get ddosed too, how well things will go?

      DDoS and a lot of 'techie' things that were mentioned in this thread is not some 'developers point of view feature', they make your product more reliable. DDoS protection is not even bullet-proof it helps,but it will not save you every single time.

      I'm under the impression you have the misconception that since your product is for a layman end-user everything that is more techinical doesn't need to be properly addressed.

      It's actually the other way around, you can get away with a lot of things in your product when your target audience is highly techinical, because they will (at least most of them) understand what they are getting, and how they are getting.

    • Aga said: How well do you think you can build a business on top that ideia if your clients get easily DDoS anytime, for anyone without too much effort?

      I think it's probably a lot easier to build a business not based on DDoS protection, or at least sit behind someone else's "DDoS protection" that probably doesn't protect. Doing DDoS protection for real is a huge cost, and most regular Joe aren't at risk of attracting DDoS attention.

    • AgaAga Member

      singsing said: think it's probably a lot easier to build a business not based on DDoS protection

      I agree with that, and maybe it's the way I readed what OP said, but it's seems that he's ignoring any aspect of the business that it's not directly related with the end-user fluffy panel he has envisioned.

      He said that his former partner "continued adding new features ( email, ddos protection, dns replication etc)" and I take that as he was working on the best way to do those things, not that he was really coding a custom solution for every single on.

      I agree that you can buid a product without all of those things, but I don't think any of them are 'options for developers'.

      OP has provide little detail and I'm making a lot of assumptions like that former partner had more knowledge/experience in the tech aspects than OP. Since OP seems unable to finish what is 'simpler' in his own view.

      I don't know why OP former partner saw the need to do those things, but I'm not too inclined to assume it was realy unnecessary. Could be that ex-partner was a dick and want to do things his way, or it could be that OP haven't given all the details about what lead his former partner to go down that road.

      Again, I do think it's smart for OP to outsource the headache of dealing with DDoS protection to upstream provider, but I have no reason to believe that this wasn't what former partner was trying to do.

    • All my work is gone, thanks to motherfuckers that don't know to communicate.

      I'll just abandon it as it seems impossible for me to do it on my own.

      If anyone want 7 months Softlayer account with 1000$ monthly credit let me know.

    Sign In or Register to comment.