Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable has done it again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable has done it again

Starting Nov 1st, add-on IPs will be billed at $1/IP/mo. The first IP included with each VPS is > free, only IPs that you specifically add in the control panel will be billed.

OK. I guess what they said is right - the only permanent thing in this world is change.

Comments

• so we have to pay for the ips which are already included in the bundle ?

• @eLohkCalb said:
    OK. I guess what they said is right - the only permanent thing in this world is change.

How can a package $$ come with ex amount of IP's, but then recharge a user further if they wish to make use of these IP's, specially for current customers.. at least grandfather people.

Seems they haven't updated their site yet, be interesting to see how they display this on their packages.

• @maoyipeng said:
    so we have to pay for the ips which are already included in the bundle ?

I think you only need to pay if you want to allocate multiple ips to a vps.

• @masterqqq said:
    I think you only need to pay if you want to allocate multiple ips to a vps.

Correct, but still to start charging users who are just making use of their resources they purchased, I can understand maybe changing future packages/orders. But seems a bit of a dig to change current customers. Who have paid for x resources and used as they require.

• @maoyipeng said:
    so we have to pay for the ips which are already included in the bundle ?

If what they said is what they meant, no. They stated that:

only IPs that you specifically add in the control panel will be billed.

So, bundled IPs should stay free.

• eLohkCalb said: add-on IPs will be billed at $1/IP/mo.

This says it I guess. Lets say you bought a plan with 3 IPs. You pay for these already monthly when paying for the plan. You want a 4th IP for a VM. This would add $1/mo to your invoice as a addon.

• MadMad Member

That's a fair price and idea but it should be applied only on new customers, not current ones from my point of view.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    So, bundled IPs should stay free.

How I read that is if someone assigns a second IP from their bundle of IP's to a VM they will be charged.

However if they create a single VM for each IP they have, they wont be charged.

• @AshleyUk said:
    However if they create a single VM for each IP they have, they wont be charged.

That isn't making much sense imho.

It says "add-on IPs". This are IPs you buy extra. They aren't included in your resource bundle. You pay for the IPs in the bundle when you pay the bundle bill.

• Do they charge IP which is included in bundle?

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    It says "add-on IPs". This are IPs you buy extra. They aren't included in your resource bundle. You pay for the IPs in the bundle when you pay the bundle bill.

From my understanding you can't buy extra IP's, if you need more you have to upgrade your plan. Guess need someone from Wable to verify exactly what it means.

• @AshleyUk

Not sure when they did it but they added this at the footer:

The number of IPs that you can add to each VPS is equal to your bundle number (the first IP with the VPS is free, add-on IPs will be billed at $1/IP/month)

So yeah they are putting the blame on existing customer, again. :)

• @eLohkCalb said:
    AshleyUk

Not sure when they did it but they added this at the footer:

So yeah they are putting the blame on existing customer, again. :)

Must have just added it, as wasn't there 5 minutes ago.

So I was right, there recharging customers further for resource they have already paid for, and giving people 8 days notice. Don't seem right to be doing it for current customers, can understand the need to change plans for new orders.

I know it's only $1, but can imagine their is people running a WHM server for example and using all the resources on 1 VM. Suddenly a couple extra $ a month for just using the resources they "purchased" x months ago.

• Oh when I say blame, it's because they mentioned this in the email:

The reason for this change is that ARIN (issuer of IPs to ISPs) has now completely run out of IPv4 addresses, and the only way for us to get more IPv4 is to buy them on the secondary market (which we are happy to do, but obviously has a cost associated with it). We believe this to be a fair charge, and is in-line with other providers, or cheaper than other providers.

What a great provider, don't you agree?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

Good Evening, you have just been hit by the beauty of month-to-month contracts...

Thanked by 3netomx ATHK Damian
  • @eLohkCalb said:
    Oh when I say blame, it's because they mentioned this in the email:

What a great provider, don't you agree?

I completely agree with their reasons, IP's are becoming more expensive, but to charge customers further for something they already believed to have paid for within their resource allocations for the last x amount of months they have had a service.

Could/Should had grandfathered current customers, or given a bit more than 8 days warning, for them to re-think their current setup before being charged.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2015

Ohh c'mon, this is common practice for them now. They Love ripping off their customers, they did it with dedicated servers, then VPS servers and now IPs! They know that they can gouge most people and they will just take it (cause you already spent the time to setup your server there and get it working great, etc...right?) so who is going to go and run off for $1?

It is scum of the world type tactics, but sadly as long as the bulk of the people act like sheep and just let it happen, their ways are not going to change.

I would say shame on Gordon, but by this point it is really shame on you people who still purchase his products after reading about his underhanded business ways in the past.

Edit: Just remember, SpeedyKVM is also Incero. So don't go running to it thinking your escaping. :)

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Well yes I kind of expected something would happen since the last drama, so I only use them for non-critical stuffs, which I can move effortlessly anytime.

Anyway, I'm scp-ing tgz as I typed, and won't be going back to them.

Thanked by 2AshleyUk netomx
  • "(e.g. bundle #3 can assign 3 IPs per VPS) (the first IP with the VPS is free, add-on IPs will be billed at $1/IP/month)"

In the specs it says "1-3 VPS" Up to 9 IPv4 Addresses*

So it reads to me that the 3 ips are still free for the 3 vps's you can make and the Additional IP's are $! each.

• @lazyt said:
    "(e.g. bundle #3 can assign 3 IPs per VPS) (the first IP with the VPS is free, add-on IPs will be billed at $1/IP/month)"

In the specs it says "1-3 VPS" Up to 9 IPv4 Addresses*

So it reads to me that the 3 ips are still free for the 3 vps's you can make and the Additional IP's are $! each.

So what if you want 3 IPs on one big VPS? You're screwed?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I wouldn't touch anything Incero related with a 10 feet pole at this stage.

I know they have some decent guys working there, but Gordon's management... ugh.

Next are those dedi customers with free/nearly free /24s, I guess.

Thanked by 2netomx 4n0nx
  • MunMun Member
    edited October 2015

So you get 1 IP free per VM.

The 9 IPs listed are the max number of IPs you can have per a bundle across all vms.

Alas if you use 2 ips on one vm, you are charged $1 extra a month. If you use 9 IPs on one vm, you are charged 8$ a month. If you use 1 ip on 1 vm, you have no extra charge.

Edit:
    Added clarification.

Thanked by 2deadbeef SpeedyKVM
  • ok, i'm ready to leave, scp .tar.gz now :)

• @Mun said:
    However, if you use more then 1 IP per VM, you get charged 1$ a month for the extras.

This is what I understand as well.

3 VMs - 3 IPs: no extra cost

1 VM with 3 IPs: +$2

Thanked by 2Mun SpeedyKVM
  • MunMun Member

@deadbeef yes.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @incero : you might wanna help us out here?

• @Junkless said:
    incero : you might wanna help us out here?

He did. Check where he thanked. It's a bit subtle, but it's out there...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    He did. Check where he thanked. It's a bit subtle, but it's out there...

We are, and I quote:

You seem to be a time waster.
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Not sure why people are surprised, incero isn't swimming in a ton of spare space so they have to make up for that somewhere.

People, if your upstream hasent reached out to you to outline what their plan for ipv4 pricing is, then assume they're going to go up in price.

Not to toot our own horn but once ARIN was fully dry we sent an email out documenting it and automatically price locking everyones current allocations.

It sucks but it isn't exactly unexpected.

@Nyr said:
    I wouldn't touch anything Incero related with a 10 feet pole at this stage.

I know they have some decent guys working there, but Gordon's management... ugh.

Next are those dedi customers with free/nearly free /24s, I guess.

It'll likely go the same way the dedicated server price hike happened. People with a /24 on a code2duo is going to get hit hard, where as the guy paying hundreds for a single box will get a fairly deep break.

Best of luck to everyone.

Francisco

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Thanking those People who have only assumed is a Good sign rather than explaining it ownself ;) @incero

I've seen some people consider incero to be the most premium DC among all. This is not that true, there are plenty of options to choose from who won't screw you up after getting you as customers :D