Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider unlimited bandwidth Los Angeles (colocrossing) server for $39
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider unlimited bandwidth Los Angeles (colocrossing) server for $39

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/los-angeles-usa

Anyone else got one this lucky? Might be worth ordering, it's only $39 and decent even if you only get an Atom

root@dedi-lax-x:~# bash bench.sh
CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz
Number of cores : 8
CPU frequency : 1600.000 MHz
Total amount of ram : 32218 MB
Total amount of swap : 15623 MB
System uptime : 1 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 74.6MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.14MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 48.5MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.24MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.27MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.18MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.47MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 38.0MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 84.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.1MB/s
I/O speed : 128 MB/s
root@dedi-lax-x:~# lsblk
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sdb 8:16 0 931.5G 0 disk
sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 15.3G 0 part [SWAP]
├─sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
└─sda5 8:5 0 916.3G 0 part /

Thanked by 1geekalot

Comments

• Please note bandwidth that does not state a traffic limit, or that shows "Unltd." means that the connection is shared / fair usage / best effort. It does not guarantee full usage of the given uplink.

I wonder how many servers are sharing that connection?

• telephone said: I wonder how many servers are sharing that connection?

best guess would say 20/50

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited October 2015

linuxthefish said: it's only $39 and decent even if you only get an Atom

Uhm, your benchmark shows a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2. And you also have tons more RAM than the plan in your picture.

Uhm... something is off.

• Just call @jbiloh and @Ernie here. Didnt know they did Atoms in LA?

• So you order atom and get e3?

• I think that's what he is implying. Ordered an Atom and received a 1230 with 32g RAM.
    That's the reason for the comment "even if you only get an Atom"

• @lazyt said:
    I think that's what he is implying. Ordered an Atom and received a 1230 with 32g RAM.

He ordered an e3 but he's saying the network should be the same and thus make the server "worth it" even if you order the atom

• 28Tom said: Didnt know they did Atoms in LA?

I thought the same lol

• so lucky :'(

• @lazyt said:
    I think that's what he is implying. Ordered an Atom and received a 1230 with 32g RAM.

I got a X3450, 32GB RAM & 2x500GB HDDD in $30 but this is way back from GVH (now on HVH).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MadMad Member

I used to see better servers even for lower prices, that's not really such a big deal :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Lucky You @linuxthefish

• speaking of oneprovider, they have some promo for their onecloud, saw it via some flashing ad on lowendbox.

it used to be limited to NA locations, but now you can use it at any of their locations. coupon code is 'LOW30'.

shame that all their asia locations have been "full" for ... at least the last month or so I've looked. mexico, australia, some other places still worth looking at, though. the plan 02 for $7/mo isn't too bad. (mexico uses softlayer, i imagine australia does too)

Thanked by 2geekalot netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@zevus said:
    speaking of oneprovider, they have some promo for their onecloud, saw it via some flashing ad on lowendbox.

it used to be limited to NA locations, but now you can use it at any of their locations. coupon code is 'LOW30'.

shame that all their asia locations have been "full" for ... at least the last month or so I've looked. mexico, australia, some other places still worth looking at, though. the plan 02 for $7/mo isn't too bad. (mexico uses softlayer, i imagine australia does too)

Recurring?

• Sorry for how long it took to get back to you about that, but I've tried and failed to get a straight answer from their support dept.

At first, I was told the promo didn't exist anymore. Then when I provided link, response was:

This promocode is specific to new orders of United States oneclouds, it is not applicable for any other region or active servers.

My response:

Well, OK. I had my server set to cancel anyway, so I guess I'll just let it cancel then re-order, assuming promo code is still active on Nov 1st. If not, I won't. Is it recurring?

re: regions, that restriction was removed, it works on any of the regions now, this change was 3 or 4 days ago.

Their response:

We are indeed making several changes. The number of available locations will be specified during the order process.

Let us know if you have more questions

10/23 to 10/28. I closed ticket then & gave up.

If it still exists on the 1st, I guess I'll find out if it's recurring, since I assume it'll tell me the amt. of next bill? Does anyone else know yet?

• @netomx @zevus
    The offer is recurring.

Thanked by 2netomx zevus
  • Likely just wouldn't give me a straight answer due to already having that server in Mexico then... makes sense.