Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about eCommerce VPS managment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about eCommerce VPS managment

Hello,

Again me, with my eCommrce problems. So we get more and more traffic, and this makes mysql just go nuts.

We have 2 shops, and 2 managment tvs for that shops.

My first thought was, buy 2 VPS, one for DB, another for PHP soft, but most traffic comes to shops, not managment part.

My question, is it better to have 2 VPS for shops, one for front end, and second for managment and DB's. Or 3 servers, 1 - shops, 2 - managment, 3 - DBs.

P.S. We have VPS storage for videos and images, used as CDN.

Comments

• What config are you running on the vps? And what traffic levels?

• kenkeliskenkelis Member
    edited October 2015

@wych said:
    What config are you running on the vps? And what traffic levels?

LAMP stack, 5k daily, not much, but in ecommerce every client is potential revenue.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2015

@kenkelis said:
    LAMP stack, 5k daily, not much, but in ecommerce every client is potential revenue.

Yep, every split second of pageload for each visitor counts when it comes to eCommerce.

Has the MySQL config been optmised or just a standard stack?

Are you using a custom eCommerce development or something like WPeCommerce/Magento?

• @wych said:
    Yep, every split second of pageload counts when it comes to eCommerce.

Optimised as suggested in http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/58741/need-help-with-mysql-to-ram-situation

Custom PHP eCommerce solution.