Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blocking "Clean-MX" from scanning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blocking "Clean-MX" from scanning

Anyone know what IP ranges "Clean-MX" scans for "malware" from? I'd like to block them from finding problems that do not exist.

I tried searching via ASN but wasn't able to find anything definitive.

Comments

• I'd be careful with that. You could find that being unable to connect will be taken as deliberate action to hide something or that your mail server doesn't really exist (so mail coming from it might get a false-positive on tests for mail that looks like some of its headers are faked).

It is likely that they will be scanning from a variety or locations around the global network and don't publish all the hosts used, specifically so that mail server owners can't block or avoid them.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Why would you worry about them? If they are sending false positives, any competent upstream will just ignore them completely.

• Nyr said: Why would you worry about them? If they are sending false positives, any competent upstream will just ignore them completely.

Yes but the 99% incompetent won't xD

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2015

They don't scan you. The analyze the logs of many servers for bad requests. When these servers receive bad requests from you, this triggers the clean-mx reports.

Thanked by 14n0nx