Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any real LEB's in Oceania/Australasia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any real LEB's in Oceania/Australasia?

AndreAndre Member
edited December 2012 in General

I've seen a few LEB's here and there hosted in Australia, but they're all very expensive compared to US/EU LEBs.

Does anyone know about any real LEB providers?

Also, seen Web24's offer, costs too much after the 6 mo/ and I'm only after a couple of 512MB boxes.

Comments

• If you do find one it will probably have like 5gb of bandwidth.

• @_@ USE GOOGLE SEARCH

• @Cirium True haha, I'm having a hard time finding any decently priced VPS in Australia

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

RansomIT in Australia - @Oliver

• Everybody gets a VPS from LA / San Jose for that purpose like Southeast Asians.

• @bamn said: Everybody gets a VPS from LA / San Jose for that purpose like Southeast Asians.

Generally, yes unless you do need ultra low latency. It's still >150ms from LA.

• @bamn said: Everybody gets a VPS from LA / San Jose for that purpose like Southeast Asians.

+1

There's Oliver as stated earlier. Exigent is slightly out of LEB pricing, but that's another cheap one. OneProvider had a great 75% off sale on their VPSs which can be created in Sydney, but they haven't done that again.

or you can try OneAsiaHost - they have very good connectivity in Asia and most of the Australian providers have pipe to Singapore

• AndreAndre Member
    edited December 2012

@Cirium said: If you do find one it will probably have like 5gb of bandwidth.

Sad that this is true...
    Although it's probably all I'll be needing, probably 5 to 10GB. I've never actually understood why Australian bandwidth is so damn expensive...

@concerto49 said: @bamn said: Everybody gets a VPS from LA / San Jose for that purpose like Southeast Asians.
    Generally, yes unless you do need ultra low latency. It's still >150ms from LA.

200~300ms for me...
    I would like a geographically close server w/ low latency.
    Australian provider test IP's I have tested range from 20~60ms.

@David_P said: USE GOOGLE SEARCH

You don't think I would've done that before posting? Also, do read what I said...
    "I've seen a few LEB's here and there hosted in Australia, but they're all very expensive compared to US/EU LEBs."
    I've obviously failed to find any cheap LEBs in Oceania, so this is why I've posted.

@gbshouse said: RansomIT in Australia

$15/quarter for 192/256MB?
    Thanks, but I'm kind of looking for a cheaper server than that.

@jamson said: Exigent is slightly out of LEB pricing, but that's another cheap one.

Exigent is looking pretty good, thanks.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited December 2012

@Andre said: 200~300ms for me...

Sounds like TPG :p - anything that goes through PIPE has a higher latency due to how it physically routes.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited December 2012

@concerto49 said: Sounds like TPG :p - anything that goes through PIPE has a higher latency due to how it physically routes.

iiNet -- Perth, WA
    Most connections to US servers go via Sydney over Telstra, but could be PIPE or AJC.
    Do you think SEA-ME-WE 3 would offer a better route?

Couple of traceroutes:
    nexthop.wa.iinet.net.au => .. => xe-3-3-0-0.syd-ult-core1.iinet.net.au => unknown.telstraglobal.net

• @Andre said: iiNet -- Perth, WA

Most connections to US servers go via Sydney, out via Telstra.

Ah Perth. iiNet do a mix of Southern Cross and Telstra due to Internode's help. Telstra can be terrible at times.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited December 2012

@concerto49 said: Telstra can be terrible at times.

Telstra's Business ADSL has actually proven to be pretty good - for me at least.
    (Although at a cost.. but they're still much better in comparison to iiNet)

@gbshouse said: And tell me again that Exigent is better than RansomIT :)

Exigent is cheaper ;)
    And who is to say that they aren't blocking IP's that continuously ping their website every 10 minutes?

edited December 2012

@Andre - the test which I've attached are just single ping, I'm not monitoring them. To be honest for our DNS node in Australia we picked different provider (not LET/LEB for sure :)). Anyway as far as I know Exigent is limiting the port speed. You can ask @Oliver for some custom quote, also take a look here

• AndreAndre Member
    edited December 2012

@gbshouse said: also take a look here

Thanks, but (dare I say it) I've bought an Exigent VPS. :)
    Doesn't bother me too much if the port speed is being limited, I'm after a low-latency box for testing of a new web app.