Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do these speeds seem acceptable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do these speeds seem acceptable?

Just got a VPS from WeLoveServers

After a shaky start (3 hours before i got a working vps) i was able to login via ssh and bench it.
So would these speeds seem reasonable?

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2000.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 1024 MB Total amount of swap : 1280 MB System uptime : 8:02, Download speed from CacheFly: 60.6MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 19.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 17.4MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.02MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 57.9MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 57.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.64MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 14.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 3.81MB/s I/O speed : 80.2 MB/s

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

seems fine, might be worth doing an actual benchmark though to test performance you get http://www.primatelabs.com/geekbench/

• That's pretty good.

• https://www.weloveservers.net/openvz-vps-hosting/ <--?

For that pricing I'd say no >.>

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2015

@ginner159 I am curious why you would buy a server from WeLoveServers after the mass amount of complaints about their service that can be found here on this forum? It is more confusing why then you would come here and ask if the speed are acceptable? To be honest it seems more an attempt to spam for them to me than anything else.

I don't see anything wrong with the speed stats you provided. The question is, how long will your service remain this good? Please don't come back in a month and review them telling us it went to shit, no one will be surprised.

In the future so you don't have to be concerned with such questions, instead, research the host you choose and choose one you know runs a good network and also provides quality services instead of shopping for the cheapest deal you can find.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    ginner159 I am curious why you would buy a server from WeLoveServers after the mass amount of complaints about their service that can be found here on this forum? It is more confusing why then you would come here and ask if the speed are acceptable? To be honest it seems more an attempt to spam for them to me than anything else.

I don't see anything wrong with the speed stats you provided. The question is, how long will your service remain this good? Please don't come back in a month and review them telling us it went to shit, no one will be surprised.

In the future so you don't have to be concerned with such questions, instead, research the host you choose and choose one you know runs a good network and also provides quality services instead of shopping for the cheapest deal you can find.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

I can assure you it was not to spam for them! To be honest i did put in a refund request because of the 3 hour wait to which they re provisioned the server and it worked.

unfortunately I only found the bad reviews after i had signed up so im at least going to give them a try and if its shit then my bad! i was mearly just questioning the performance since i respect the views of this comunity.

As for finding the cheapest deal not everyone can live in a castle of gold! ;)

• AgaAga Member

ginner159 said: As for finding the cheapest deal not everyone can live in a castle of gold! ;)

Maybe you could live in a better castle, if you stop throwing your money on anything that seems cheap.

There great providers that are active here and have more or less the same price than WeLoveServers, and most don't have even a tiny fraction of their bad reviews.

• @Aga said:

Touché my friend touché!

• Where in the NL are they hosted?