Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel installation problem.. Prelinking is disabled.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel installation problem.. Prelinking is disabled.

W3SpaceW3Space Member
edited October 2015 in Help

I tried centos 6 64 bit, 6 32bit many time to a vps to install cPanel, but cant. its saying a error and stopped installation.
I'm not sure it is Prelinking is disabled problem or not. if so how to enable?
Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/QNc1L9f.png

Comments

• wanna solve this? Use PLESK!

• It looks like a yum error, what does "yum update" say?

• VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited October 2015

From the w3space.net website:

Although our prices are lower than most of our competitors, our staff consists of directly hired, highly trained, knowledgeable, and competent individuals whom are passionate about the hosting industry and motivated to provide YOU with a hosting experience you’ll never forget.

From today:

W3Space said: I tried centos 6 64 bit, 6 32bit mani time to a vps, but cant install cpanel

Just saying.

• this is the problem currently we are facing and can't solve, for that i come public forum if anyone facing this similar problem. i think no one 100% knowledgeable and i am not also.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

cPanel requests you to install their panel on a fresh distro, is that the case here at all ?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited October 2015

vps template or network?

• W3Space said: this is the problem currently we are facing and can't solve, for that i come public forum if anyone facing this similar problem. i think no one 100% knowledgeable and i am not also.

Can't you ask one of the other

directly hired, highly trained, knowledgeable, and competent individuals

in your office? It sounds like you work for a company full of geniuses.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2015

TarZZ92 said: wanna solve this? Use PLESK!

You can't be serious? That is a AWFUL suggestion. Plesk is a pig of a hosting panel and is no where as easy to manage as cPanel is. Don't get me wrong, Plesk has its uses, for example when it comes to Tomcat, Coldfusion and .NET (Windows) support, but for the average hosting needs, cPanel is the much more easily manageable choice. Plus cPanel offers free migration services if you ever need them.

@W3Space I suggest if you can't find your answer by googling that you open a ticket with cPanel, they are very quick to respond and resolve issues.

Also, what is the specs of the server you are trying to install cPanel on, it looks to me like either you do not have enough memory or disk space and its causing an issue during the installation, one of the two?

Also, a quick Google (literally the first response) looks to show possible answers to your issue:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/cpanel-update-failure.332332/

If you are a host you should be able to either resolve this your self or you should be able to contact cPanel directly and open a ticket with them to resolve this.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2Clouvider W3Space
  • run the following commands

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
    db_verify /var/lib/rpm/Packages
    rpm --rebuilddb
    yum clean all
    yum update

Then run the installer again

Thanked by 1W3Space
  • latest versions of cPanel come with their own Centos distribution, I believe
    configuration files get over-written as well

century1stop said: latest versions of cPanel come with their own Centos distribution, I believe

?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited October 2015

upgraded after cPanel installation :)

@Clouvider said:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Check "df -i", it sounds like you're possibly out of inodes.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Check "df -i", it sounds like you're possibly out of inodes.

Francisco

BlueVM openvz VPS's don't have enough inodes to install cPanel by default, so yeah something to think about!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

check the following:

-- open "/etc/sysconfig/prelink" in a text editir (such as vi)

-- you should see this line: PRELINKING=yes

-- manually run "/etc/cron.daily/prelink" as root.

• TheLinuxBug said: You can't be serious?

Sure am, have you tried it recently? it has changed a lot.

edited October 2015

@TarZZ92 I use it daily. You must drink their koolaid to think it's hot shit still. You can do much more on a server with cPanel with the resources you have than you can with Plesk. Also, Plesk licensing is tedious, especially if you want to use any of their "Power Pack' features.

Ever installed and used Tomcat, Coldfusion or WebDNA with it? While they will work, enjoy the fun of trouble shooting all the random issues that can occur during installation and maintenance.

I will say this for Plesk, they do have a good knowledge base for issues, however, I find my self actually having to look up resolutions to issues about 6 times as much for Plesk than I do for cPanel as Plesk will have issues where cPanel will just work.

Ever have Plesk just randomly decide to corrupt its own database and have to manually go and fix things? Ohh the headaches this can be.

Ever gone through the headache of trying to add Apache directives for a site and using their 'vhost.conf' where you then have to manually rebuild the config for the site and then only half the time it actually commits your changes, the other half you have to fuss with it for another hour to finally make it work?

How about using Windows Plesk and trying to use SmarterMail and encountering issues where it will, upon automatic upgrade, revert to MailEnable and will refuse to allow you to set SmarterMail back to the main mail program without hacking the psa database up each time it updates?

I could go on for another page with other examples, but I hope what I provided at least makes my point.

Cheers!

edited October 2015

@century1stop said:
    upgraded after cPanel installation :)

That's still original CentOS. They just install their applications on top of it, as anyone else.

• TheLinuxBug said: I use it daily. You must drink their koolaid to think it's hot shit still.

as do i, have you ever considered you maybe a cpanel fanboy? on another note plesk is cheaper too.. and quicker to install. and in my opinion a much better interface.

Disclaimer

i have 6 Linux Plesk Servers & 2 Windows Plesk Servers.

edited October 2015

@TarZZ92 Has nothing to do with being a fan boy, has everything to do with $. Maintenance of Plesk costs us twice as much on time as maintaining cPanel does. Plesks issues often take twice as long to resolve when you run into them also.

Plesk is defiantly not cheaper when you start adding in the licensing, not a chance. Go buy a license for a 100 domain server with Power Pack and then go buy a cPanel license for $10-$15 a month and let me know which works out cheaper. Hint: it will be cPanel.

The interface is clunky and takes twice as much time to move through even on a fast machine. Ever been in the middle of changing some things, walked away for a few minutes, come back and click submit only to be referred back to the login prompt? Then, once you log back in it just takes you to home instead of back to what you were working on, so basically any work you did was lost and you still have to navigate back to where you were... etc? Pain in the dick isn't it?

The user experience and interface is another reason I do not suggest it. Customers who choose Plesk instead of cPanel also put in twice as many tickets asking how to do things than cPanel customers do because doing anything in Plesk takes twice as much time and half the features are hidden under other features and without knowing where they are you will spend hours looking for them.

I work with both platforms daily as the company I work for supports both. cPanel is the better of the two if you have to have a 'control panel', hands down.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I'm quite sure that you're out of Inodes ;) I faced similar problem like this earlier & spent My Valuable time finding here & there & lastly found I'm out of Inodes :v

Thanked by 1W3Space
  • @Clouvider said:
    didn't check, probably is, lol
    my original was 6.5 and upgraded to 6.7 with cPanel