Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended Resource Pool Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended Resource Pool Providers

I'm interested in a resource pool provider because I like to reprovision test/development servers for my ansible scripts on demand.

I've tried two in the past few weeks, one that had 4 locations and one that had 2. Unfortunately, neither were able to fulfill their offerings because of a lack of resources in one or more locations.

Can someone recommend a resource pool provider, primarily I need more than one geographic location and ~12-16G of RAM are my top priorities. I'm trying to keep my budget under $40/mo.

Thanks!

Comments

• it wont be much different than buying vps by itself. the resources are not dedicated, you can be sure they are overselling.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited October 2015

Wable, Impactvps, HostMyBytes, Hostodo?

• You looking for US or EU?

• I prefer US, but I would consider a different option.

• EvoBurst @AutoSnipe

• Dediserve?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • What about a CloudStack resource pool?

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

Definitely give @HostMyBytes a go.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

We should have additional locations in the next few months

• @Dediserve's stuff will be great for you. For a little over $40/mo, you can get about 10GB RAM, 150GB ssd raid 50 space, 10 dedicated cores split across 5 locations of your choice. (My pricing might be a little off because of reseller discounts but I bet if you PM them you might get a good LET discount) Whatever the case, I'd recommend them over anyone else that's been mentioned here.

I've been using them for a bit for some personal and business stuff. While I'm slowly phasing the servers out (to save on costs I'm migrating to my colocated hardware) but I loved the service.

Next in line would probably be Wable. I have a group of E3s with @Incero for nearly a year now. If you're not going to send spam and you have no need for a support desk (seeing as you're a developer, I'm assuming this is the case) I highly recommend them.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @Jonchun said:

Next in line would probably be Wable. I have a group of E3s with Incero for nearly a year now. If you're not going to send spam and you have no need for a support desk (seeing as you're a developer, I'm assuming this is the case) I highly recommend them.

So you mean that if I don't install any mail server and no need to contact their support, I can use them without the fear of getting banned? What about resource limits (as in CPU usage) or if the site ever gets attacked?

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@DougWare shoot me a pm. We should be able to help :)

• @Junkless said:
    So you mean that if I don't install any mail server and no need to contact their support, I can use them without the fear of getting banned? What about resource limits (as in CPU usage) or if the site ever gets attacked?

If you get DDoS'd, they have an automatic nulling system in place. They are very very flexible with bandwidth, and I don't have experience with their VPS-line so I'm not too sure on their CPU policies. I would shoot @incero a PM about that.

• Prometeus/IperWeb: https://my.iperweb.com/cart/iwzip/

It's over LEB pricing but it's really awesome and cheap for what you get to be honest.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

hostodo

• Wable's stuff is as good as their support is angry, just watch out for the snapshot charges.

You can't really fault anything by Prometeus/IperWeb and it sounds like their resource pool offering is limited (unless that's more of Mao's canny marketing).

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Would hourly billing be suitable for you? We offer hourly billing cloud servers in Dallas, https://www.elasticnode.net You can create and destroy on demand.

Otherwise, get a Dacentec server and install OpenVZ and create the virtual servers yourself.