Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one facing issues with FileMedia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Am I the only one facing issues with FileMedia

UpstageUpstage Member
edited October 2015 in General

Few days ago both VPS I had with FileMedia in Germany went down (supposedly one is hosted in a DC in Nurnberg DC and another one in a DC in Frankfurt).

The reason invoked being a "multiple disk failure" :
we regret to inform you that one of our storage pools has suffered multiple disk failures and as a result has taking down some of the VPSs hosted with us. We are trying to rebuild the array, but this is looking like it will take multiple days to resolve. You are getting this email because your instance with us would have been affect

Yes, shit can happen, but in 2 different locations at the same time?

Anyway, today I received another email explaining that an engineer would come to check and try to fix the issue by the beginning of November !!!

I am wondering if anyone else is facing a problem with them.

Comments

• Yep.. I keep receiving those emails as well

• my ticket at dedifystack nerver get answered

• Anyway, today I received another email explaining that an engineer would come to check and try to fix the issue by the beginning of November !!!

They need almost 2 weeks to fix it?

• My 2 VPS with them weren't affected by that issue, but one of them has a habit of turning off. Every few weeks I'll find it shut down and have to start it from the control panel. Very annoying.

• They are not answering tickets here either.
    Ever since it's been taken over by @httpzoom it's been worse and worse imho. More downtime, performances of the servers dropping, support close to inexistant, despite them sending an email informing about enhancements in the future...
    If they want to get rid of customers, they should just say it. We will pack and leave!

• They were good before later things changed.. I faced many issues with Dedify and I abandoned it few months ago.

• Those clowns still haven't answered my ticket. They must be too busy rolling their thumbs.

I suggest to stay away from this company (Filemedia & Dedify) and its supposedly parent company @httpzoom

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Unfortunately Filemedia has completely screwed up since httpzoom bought them.

Many outages, terrible slow I/O performance, slow support response.

At the moment I am neither able to manage my VM through WHMCS nor can I open any tickets.
    When trying to open new tickets I only get the following error message:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16780916 bytes) in /home/users/filemedi/public_html/manager/includes/dbfunctions.php on line 1073741824"

Definitely stay away from Filemedia. Unfortunately. The first years when Filemedia was around they offered very decent service and good performance. But now almost any other VPS provider will be better.

• @linuxthefish said:
    rmlhhd ?

No idea, haven't done any work for HTTPZoom since it was sold.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Just to add another node from yet another filemedia customer (2.5 years).

It looks like filemedia has stopped their services.
    I am unable to manage my VPS since more than one week.
    I opened a high prio ticket one week ago, asked again every other day, but I did not receive any single response yet since more than one week.

So everybody else owning a filemedia VM, make sure to have a plan B in case your VPS won't work one day.
    From my experience you will most likely do not get any support at all anymore.

I cannot recommend renewing any filemedia contracts anymore.

just my 2 cents

• just adding another very disappointed customer from filemedia. I've been with them for many years but since several month the stability of the vm's hasn't been very good.
    I have 2 open tickets (13/10, 22/10) none of them got replied. I tied to call the German and UK number but no answer. I think its not worth to bother with writing more emails, I'm just going to move my services to a different provider..

I also conclude that dedify/filemedia is not recommended anymore

• Today is the 6th of November.

Still no sign of Filemedia clowns.

I guess they can be considered dead pool along with HTTPZoom.

• I wanted to give a try to dedifystack, but I see a lot of negative comments about them lately, so would I try iwStack better?