Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ajenti CP experience and/or review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ajenti CP experience and/or review

Hiya All,
As above, please feel free to provide your experience and/or review with it's use, more importantly, is it secure? Thank you in advance and have a great day :D

Comments

• Ajenti is great IMO, nice interface, easy to setup.

As for security, it's hard to say, I mean I haven't seen any exploits or vulnerabilities lately.

That said, anything with Internet isn't always "safe".

Alot of people prefer Vesta over Ajenti, but that's just personal preference.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • Hey, thanks for the feedback. Thought it's pretty neat from their site too! As long as there aren't any severe or crucial vulnerabilities with the software itself , should be good...... :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Isn't it hard to host Websites through Ajenti ?? I tried it earlier, it seemed more like a Control Panel for VPS (Like Shut Down, Stop Services etc.) than like other Hosting Panels (i.e. CWP/VestaCP)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • If you're looking for a server control panel then it's good but if you're looking for a website control panel like cPanel then look else where. I'm not saying it can't do it but it's a bitch to deal with.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • Thanks for the info, haven't tested it out yet :)
    I'll update with more details after doing so.

• The vesta cp panel is light weight in terns of the JS CSS and HTML...I once had to renoved the ajenti panel because it was too slow due to crappy internet...And also hosting a simple wordpress website with vesta cp is much easy...you dont have to tweak with PHP configurations

• well we're actually looking for a panel that will assist with ds/vps management and at the same time allow users to learn about server administration. all of us start somewhere and users that require managed services can learn about it via the cp thus allow 'em to administer unmanaged ones at a later stage. cPanel's a great start but not all would want to pay for it. :)
    thanks @noaman for your feedback

• For private use, I sure go with VestaCP

• @sdglhm thanks for your view :)

• @ATHK @noaman @Mahfuz_SS_EHL @sdglhm thanks guys, vestacp's great and I believe newbies / noobs will like it too. Got a new site online + email in like 5 mins. :D
    Ajenti's rather complicated, more suitable for advanced users.

• I couldn't stand it more than 5 minutes to completely re-install the system. I wasn't allowed to to much with it and it's web modules were like a joke.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2015

@Nomad said:
    I couldn't stand it more than 5 minutes to completely re-install the system. I wasn't allowed to to much with it and it's web modules were like a joke.

referring to ajenti? yea it's a tad confusing, guess a lot got cramped in

• @century1stop said:
    referring to ajenti?

Yep, I am referring to ajenti.

• @Nomad said:
    yep I was like O.O at first sight, hahaha

• :D Haha, no please. Even though VestaCP sucks at GUI I don't have much to see function-wise.