Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low low-end vps 128MB VPS in Europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low low-end vps 128MB VPS in Europe?

sandrosandro Member
edited December 2012 in General

hello,
I'm currently using a 256MB/384MB 4-core VPS in Virginia US for $3/m...but I realized I'm basically wasting money because even though I hosts 5 sites they're very LOW traffic and the resources are basically unused all day!

So I was thinking of downgrading to a lower VPS with 128MB and "move" to Europe since the sites are all used visited from there basically to get a faster ping. I was thinking Prometeus which is in Italy but all the low end options are out of stock:(

Do you know any? I'm looking for companies that have been around for a while, high performance is not a must here(low traffic) just uptime I guess.

I'm looking for $20 or even less if possible! I can pay annually if the provider is trustworthy.

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

We're going to stop doing yearly deals but we can slip last few in, can do the following in Hampshire, UK:

2 CPU Cores
    10GB SAS Disk Space
    500GB Bandwidth
    128MB Guaranteed RAM
    256MB Burstable RAM
    $24/year

Let me know

• Prometeus ? good deals there

• @sandro said: I'm currently using a 256MB/384MB 4-core VPS in Virginia US for $3/m...but I realized I'm basically wasting money because even though I hosts 5 sites they're very LOW traffic and the resources are basically unused all day!

No you're not wasting money. You've got a very good deal. Be happy if you're satisfield with the quality of service.

So I was thinking of downgrading to a lower VPS with 128MB and "move" to Europe since the sites are all used visited from there basically to get a faster ping.

Ping matters very little for web hosting.

• Just put in a ticket to prometeus.. I'm sure they can dig one up for you.

@darknessends said: Prometeus ? good deals there

smh..

• I tried but they don't have the VZ0 plan I wanted at the moment :(

• No you're not wasting money. You've got a very good deal. Be happy if you're satisfield with the quality of service.

This, don't mess everything up trying to save another 10 Euros a year.

• Cllick this and select yearly payments: https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=63&promocode=40SSD2

Just add $2.8 on your budget as this one is 22.8

• LESLES Member
    edited December 2012

He is looking for $20/y or even less possible!

• you can try to get one at proplay.biz or colorhost.de

• Can u run your things on 50 mb + 50 mb ( swap ) ?

• You can check cheap VPS hosting offfer we have here:

https://www.qhoster.com/clients/cart.php?gid=9

Germany and UK VPS locations with it.

• Thank you guys...you know it's also a matter of personal satisfaction trying to run on a lower system while also saving money :) I guess I found some below $20 but not in Europe so I'm gonna wait for new slots)

• You can always hit us up at [email protected] we can do a deal. VM's in Ecatel NL.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The very low plans are available only for existing customers due to IPs going here at a rate of 1 Eur a month, so 12 Eur would be only the IP...
    You would be better off in US for very low prices, try hostigation for 20 a year. For hosting is not much of a difference regarding location. Only for live streaming and games it matters a lot.
    You can also get buyvm on the east coast if they have stock, it is 15/year.

• really €1/m? :|

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

RIPE almost run out of IPs and doesnt give much out.
    IPv6 only solutions will probably pop out more often from now on.
    OVH sells 1 Eur, Hetzner also 1 Eur, that seems the standard.
    America, on the other hand, wont have this issue for a long time since they reserved a lot in the beginning, Asia run out first, in japan if you want IPv4 from your provider I heard it costs 10 dollars a piece.