Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP vs cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP vs cPanel

JonchunJonchun Member
edited October 2015 in General

It's pretty clear that almost everyone prefers cPanel over vesta. However, I'm looking into modifying/building a front end on top of vesta in order to create a custom panel, and am looking for features people like about cPanel that don't exist on vesta. What's missing? What do you prefer about cPanel in particular? Is it just the organizational scheme? The theme? Features?

You can also toss in features from other panels as well if you'd like. (interworx, centminmod, etc) I just want to know what exactly is stopping people from using vestacp (so I can improve on it).

Edit: I forgot to clarify, from a client-point of view. What do you find lacking in vesta's CLIENT panel.

Comments

• Out of date software?

• If I may ask, I want all Kloxo functionality (especially master slave capability), ease of install component pairs (i.e Apache+Nginx+MySQL, Apache+OpenLitespeed+MariaDB), ease of move User Groups from one machine to other.

I am now using Kloxo 6.20 only for my mail and DNS, while Web Servers using VestaCP (debian), i-MSCP, Interworx and Webuzo.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • A file manager for peeps can't get sftp to work.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:
    A file manager for peeps can't get sftp to work.

Or just a link for a file manager that goes straight to godaddy.com ;)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @Jar said:
    Or just a link for a file manager that goes straight to godaddy.com ;)

nodaddy.com pls

• backup to external storage, directly from vesta panel settings

• and php-fpm + Nginx choice (which is on the roadmap, perhaps)

• @Jonchun maybe for starter, let's fork so that one can choose different theme :)