Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rackulous and Rackburst Live Support is back!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rackulous and Rackburst Live Support is back!

edited October 2015 in Providers

Folks,

Just to let you all know, that we've brought back our live support for both Rackulous.com and Rackburst.net.

We trialled this feature a couple of years ago, and it worked well but we decided not to continue with it after a commercial review.

We've found a really cool new service that we've been trailing recently, and I'm pleased to say we've brought the live support back! We've re-jiggled our support rota for all of our staff and we're positive we can make this work for you!

All staff on the live chat will be able to deal with both technical and billing related issues.

So come on over and have a chat with us there :)

Cheers

Jonny

Rackulous and Rackburst

Comments

• support rota

I assume rota is suppose to be roster ;)

• @ATHK said:
    I assume rota is suppose to be roster ;)

Actually, no, I meant rota. I've never actually heard of the word roster :O Maybe this is a US English vs British English thing?? Or maybe I'm just dumb :P

Cheers

Jonny

• US English / British thing, both mean the same thing :)

• @AshleyUk said:
    US English / British thing, both mean the same thing :)

You learn something every day!

• @Jonny_Rackulous said:
    You learn something every day!

Yea you do! never heard of rota before, just looked it up haha, I assumed it was a typo!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Rackulous...

• I'm using rackburst now. It's running fine for me.

• @cngeeks said:
    I'm using rackburst now. It's running fine for me.

I'm really pleased to hear that :)

• @Jonny_Rackulous Why you run two services, Rackulous and Rackburst? What's the difference?

• @cngeeks said:
    Jonny_Rackulous Why you run two services, Rackulous and Rackburst? What's the difference?

Rackburst offer SSD VPS hosting using OpenVZ. Rackulous provides VPSs using Xen and KVM.

Cheers

Jonny

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2015

Hello @Jonny_Rackulous ,

I have to say, things have been much more stable recently barring the outage which you already addressed in another post, here. Although things have been better, you need to understand how absolutely annoying it is as a customer to put in a ticket and then just have it ignored or deleted like you have done in the past. If you have an outage the least you could do is spend time creating an RFO and distributing it to your customers, especially if you can't be bothered to respond to tickets. While it won't make a big difference for those just using small servers for personal use, it will make a difference to those who actually use your services in production. It also is nice to know whats going on. In the past you have just closed tickets and assumed we would figure it out or would go away once the issue was fixed, please stop doing this as it irritates the crap out of your customers, me included.

To give you an example, after that outage because you couldn't be bothered to reply to me about the issue, I decided to move the services I had with you to another host, because I had no idea how long the outage would be or when it would be resolved. As such, while the service is stable again, I am in debate of whether I want to move stuff back. I want to move back, but if you can't improve your customer communication in future issues I may actually after many many years consider leaving.

Other than the one noted issue, I will say network stability has been MUCH MUCH MUCH better recently (over the past 3 months) and I haven't seen a repeat of the issues with IPv6 that used to plague the service either. You guys do in the long run provide a decently stable platform, but you need to improve your communication with your customers. It sounds like this new support team you have employed should help that, so here is to hoping things improve on that front!

TL;DR:

Thanks for putting in the time and effort to improve your service and I look forward to seeing better communication from your support group as future issues arise. You guys provide a decent service for the price and with this improvement I would be happy once again to suggest your services to others.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Jonny Nguyen????

edited October 2015

@linuxthefish Seriously? Is everyone named Jonny now Nuggets? Rackulous (previously Evorack) has been around for a long long time, and I would have assumed with the length of time you had been here you would know that by now. So no, its not Jonny from GVH. Eesh! (facepalm)

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    linuxthefish Seriously? Is everyone named Jonny now Nuggets? Rackulous (previously Evorack) has been around for a long long time, and I would have assumed with the length of time you had been here you would know that by now. So no, its not Jonny from GVH. Eesh! (facepalm)

Cheers!

Yeah just messing sorry

• A coupon needs, we can help you in Chinese propaganda! :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Thanks for putting in the time and effort to improve your service and I look forward to seeing better communication from your support group as future issues arise. You guys provide a decent service for the price and with this improvement I would be happy once again to suggest your services to others.

Thanks for the comments well wishes @The LinuxBug :) I'm glad to hear that your service is working well for you now.

Cheers

Jonny

• cngeekscngeeks Member
    edited October 2015

@qq7119 said:
    A coupon needs, we can help you in Chinese propaganda! :)

Don't do that please.

edited November 2015

I thought it was worth pointing out that I think Rackulous is finally starting to take their network and customers seriously. For the first time today during a network issue I actually received several brief but informative updates regarding a DDOS issue being seen on their/their providers network.

This is a big +1 in my book and I thought a worth reason to bump this thread and thank them!

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately, the Rackulous network is currently under a DDoS attack. As such, you may be >expericing high packet loss to your servers.

We are working hard to resolve this, and thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Jonny

ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd

Registered Address:

3 Shrewsbury Gardens, Belfast, UK, BT9 6PJ

Web: www.abpni.com

Registered in Northern Ireland (UK) No. NI602753

VAT No: GB990366491

--

Dear Customers,

After further investigations, the current network issues are due to an upstream issue >affecting our service provider's network. They are working hard to fix this.

I will keep you updated with further news.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Jonny

Rackulous
    ABPNI Computer Solutions Ltd

Registered Address:

3 Shrewsbury Gardens, Belfast, UK, BT9 6PJ

Web: www.abpni.com

Registered in Northern Ireland (UK) No. NI602753

VAT No: GB990366491

Thank you guys for taking the time and having the dedication to update and keep your clients informed about ongoing issues!

Cheers!

• You srsly couldn't have thunk of stupider company names.

• @TheLinuxBug You are welcome. This issue was indeed deep in our provider's network, but they worked hard and fixed it :)

• edited November 2015

@4n0nx From English, the word "Rackulous" comes from Rack (as in Server Rack) and "ulous", a postfix that is added to some words to make them descriptors. Examples:

Miracle => Miraculous

Fab => Fabulous

Spectacle => Spectaculous

I think it's pretty cool :)

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

4n0nx said: You srsly couldn't have thunk of stupider company names.

What would be your ideal company name then?

• Is "re-jiggled" actually a word :D Good luck with it, live support will hopefully increase your sales and rep.

• @4n0nx said:
    You srsly couldn't have thunk of stupider company names.

GreenValueHosting.com would have been better in your eyes?

• I don't see any chat or live support. I only see ticket system. By the way, this morning I sent a ticket (#990022), and now (evening) I have just sent a new ticket (#200292).

more than 270 tickets in one day!??

So I understand now why I don't get the answer.

• This is what happened with the rackulous v1 (aka evoburst). Generated lots of excitement, hung around for a bit and then went on autopilot with no support.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jonny_Rackulous said: From English, the word "Rackulous" comes from Rack (as in Server Rack)

• @Jonny_Rackulous So where's the support, as I'm waiting more than a month for reply on my ticket? ;-)

• @morfeo1996 said:
    I don't see any chat or live support. I only see ticket system. By the way, this morning I sent a ticket (#990022), and now (evening) I have just sent a new ticket (#200292).

more than 270 tickets in one day!??

So I understand now why I don't get the answer.

No, WHMCS generates random numbers so they could have had 2 tickets or 10,000 tickets, you cannot know from the ticket number.

edited April 2016

@Jonny_Rackulous You guys planning on closing up shop? My servers now been offline about 24 hours and counting and I have had a ticket open for about half that time...with no response and it seems the whole C-class I am located on has no routes.... It would be awesome if you could provide some information about whats going on here...???

http://paste.ee/p/1URyh

It seems your 'live support' has committed suicide? :(

Cheers!