Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom App Installer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Custom App Installer

solarvmsolarvm Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hi Everyone,

We at SolarVM have implented this app installer that allows you to install software packages such as CMS / Forum software with just one click!

What do you think about it? What do you like / not like about it and what apps do you want to see in the future?

Would love your feedback so we can improve our services.

http://solarvm.com/apps/

Comments

• How does it work? Does it install an ISO with the application in it already, or does it run scripts on existing installs of specific distros?

• everything TurnKey does and beyond

• It runs scripts on a bare distro that has been installed previously. We prefer to use this method over making templates of the apps so it can fetch the latest version.

• It is something similar to softacolus?

• solarvmsolarvm Member
    edited December 2012

Yes, let's say its Softaculous for VPS servers. We implented this in our own panel.

• I think it's very clever and well designed. Good luck.

• Website could be better..interesting idea though. :D

• At first I was confused as I thought it was SolusVM, and then I saw it wasn't and now I'm feeling underwhelmed at the website. The screenshot image doesn't even show.

• Thaks for the feedback guys.
    @adly: the screenshot does show fine to me.

• @adly said: At first I was confused as I thought it was SolusVM

Damn... me too

• Solus != Solar AFAIK.
    Why did you think that? :)

• @solarvm said: Why did you think that? :)

because only two letters are different

• Adding more apps by the day, if you need a specific one on your VM we'll be glad to make a script.

Just added:
    Joomla
    LAMP Stack

• This is only for VM hosted to you?

• This installer is included in our control panel that we provide to our customers, yes.

• @solarvm said: Adding more apps by the day, if you need a specific one on your VM we'll be glad to make a script.

OpenVPN AS

• I will add it soon, and thanks for the tip.