Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial)

Hi all LowEndBoxers!

I would like to introduce you all to latest web hosting panel that I've been exposed to. It is called as WHoP.

You may visit the website here: https://whop.io/

I come to know this through an event called JomLaunch 2015 in my country last weekend. I find this product might relate to us LowEndBoxers (I'm perfectly happy with my LEB on buyvm).

Will try to get the creator to come in here if this receive good respone :) (or maybe he is already here, come out identify yourself)

I'm trying this out, will update with my findings later.

Thanked by 2runcloud_fikri Faizi

Comments

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

Looks decent

How ever would would pay $100 - $200 year upfront for a Control Panel that you have not heard of. The Largest package is about $23 a year less then what cPanel would charge for a VPS License. Limit of 1 Domain is fine if you run a VM for 1 specific site I guess. and to test it and try it out.

• 4 installation since WHoP launch.

WOW!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • That english though

Thanked by 3GM2015 kingjj doghouch
  • Demo url or screenshots please

Thanked by 1racksx
  • really cheap. gimme 10000

Thanked by 1racksx
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited October 2015

@cassa said:
    That english though

There is a few bits like that;

Whether you are doing big web application project or small project such APIs, setting your server to deliver your project will be pain

For fast and breeze web application.

• edited October 2015

@maelzx said:
    Hi all LowEndBoxers!

I would like to introduce you all to latest web hosting panel that I've been exposed to. It is called as WHoP.

You may visit the website here: https://whop.io/

I come to know this through an event called JomLaunch 2015 in my country last weekend. I find this product might relate to us LowEndBoxers (I'm perfectly happy with my LEB on buyvm).

Will try to get the creator to come in here if this receive good respone :) (or maybe he is already here, come out identify yourself)

I'm trying this out, will update with my findings later.

Hello, thanks for the short briefing about WHoP. Btw we are not an english speaker and generally there were a bit (maybe more) broken english from us. This panel is not yet production ready because we are still fixing the bugs and many other things. But i am assure you that you will get update (manual update for lifetime trial) from us after you have installed it in your vps/server. We are practically updating it from time to time to improve our panel.

We will make a video/demo and etc later because we have slow internet connection here in our country (malaysia).

And yes, https://whop.io is using this panel.

If you have tested it, please give us a feedback to improve our panel. You could submit your feedback through [email protected] or replying to this thread. Thanks btw. And thanks @maelzx for the introduction of this new control panel to the LowEndTalk community.

Thanked by 1Joery
  • Allowing SSH to all users? Has this been done securely and tested?

• @fanta8897 said:
    Allowing SSH to all users? Has this been done securely and tested?

Yes we have tested it. But we do not have hackers to try it for us.

WHoP came with package that you can set whether you want to enable the ssh for users.

And you can override that setting later when you feel insecure

• Maybe if you offered LEB a one year free with your panel -- if for a whole year you're still sending updates, they'll be a higher chance that I might put it in for development on our part (WHMCS module, etc).

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Maybe if you offered LEB a one year free with your panel -- if for a whole year you're still sending updates, they'll be a higher chance that I might put it in for development on our part (WHMCS module, etc).

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be thinking about that again when the panel is ready for production.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

I assume the licensing is per year per node?

If it is per node, and you're encouraging use on a VPS, that means your $200/year plan is comparable to the $200 yearly cPanel VPS license? Could you please justify the same pricing as the leader in the industry? Do you have any comparison to cPanel - what are the benefits to switching over?

• edited October 2015

@VirMach said:
    I assume the licensing is per year per node?

If it is per node, and you're encouraging use on a VPS, that means your $200/year plan is comparable to the $200 yearly cPanel VPS license? Could you please justify the same pricing as the leader in the industry? Do you have any comparison to cPanel - what are the benefits to switching over?

1. We do not want people to switch over from cPanel to WHoP. We just want people that do not want to use cPanel to use our product.

2. This panel is purely using Nginx and php-fpm (without proxy). Even the website which use this panel will have its own Nginx server block. Admin can write nginx setting and can be used it in any website. if you are not happy with the setting that defined by admin, you can write your own nginx server block.

3. PHP-FPM pool for each user by isolating them in their own environment

4. SPDY Draft 3 for SSL website enabled by default

5. SSH access for each user without having security concern. Which means you can use Composer

6. All daemon and service are auto tweak for best performance depends on server hardware

7. Support major PHP framework without changing file location in the framework. Phalcon is supported by default without installing any php module because we already installed it. (Phalcon is untested)

8. Supervisord for each user to make queue possible.

9. https website for every user without adding new public IP address

10. Live access log and error log for each WHoPlet (yes, live)

11. Auto tweak server security by locking person who try to bruteforce WHoP, bruteforce database, bruteforce SSH, bruteforce Pure-FTPD, and trying port scanning. Automatically disabled PHP function that enable PHP Shell to run (Also block b374k shell from running)

12. APCu support for user if it is permitted (APCu cache is shared across user).

13. Everything is auto tweaked based on your server resources. Install and no more setting.

Edit:

1. And yes, license is per year and per node. VPS or dedicated doesn't matter.

2. I never use WHM personally because i find it quite confusing (sorry cPanel). And that is why i built my own panel which I could also learn about server provisioning

• I assume "WHoPlet" is same as virtual hosts, but that should be around 3-5 for trial, so the usefulness of this product for multiple sites can be tested. 1 just doesnt work. my 2p

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the detailed response. We may try you out. I also second @upfreak's suggestion though - if we tried you out we'd want to try it out with multiple sites to test the product properly.

• @upfreak said:
    I assume "WHoPlet" is same as virtual hosts, but that should be around 3-5 for trial, so the usefulness of this product for multiple sites can be tested. 1 just doesnt work. my 2p

yes, you are right. Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into it again. :)

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @VirMach said:
    Thanks for the detailed response. We may try you out. I also second upfreak's suggestion though - if we tried you out we'd want to try it out with multiple sites to test the product properly.

Your voice is count. Thanks for the suggestion. We will review it back.

• DerekDerek Member
    edited October 2015

Looks like a pretty nice panel,

Any thoughts on switching over to HHVM to make it more unique?

• @Derek said:
    Looks like a pretty nice panel

Thanks. would like to see you use it when it is ready for production

• @Derek said:

>

Any thoughts on switching over to HHVM to make it more unique?

Nope, last time I tried it have problem with shared hosting (security and some of the php function missing)

• I wonder how people all the sudden know that someone posted something on LET about them and then immediately register an account over here. Unless the OP is related.. Or OP told them so.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    I wonder how people all the sudden know that someone posted something on LET about them and then immediately register an account over here. Unless the OP is related.. Or OP told them so.

sorry, we never know each other.. One person from Sri Lankan just liked WHoP facebook page and asking question. So i asked where did he know. No answer from him. Then i go to google analytic and i see referral source from LET. then i did google search with

"whop.io" -site:whop.io

and i found this thread in LET. Look at my register date, it is a new account. Created this account just to answer the question here.

hope you satisfied with my answer

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • cassa said: 4 installation since WHoP launch. WOW!

right now shows

3 installation since WHoP launch.

its not supposed to be increasing?

Thanked by 2cassa deadbeef
  • @dedicados said:

3 installation since WHoP launch.

>

its not supposed to be increasing?

Some of it from my development machine. Just deleted that one and 3 is the right value currently

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    I wonder how people all the sudden know that someone posted something on LET about them and then immediately register an account over here. Unless the OP is related.. Or OP told them so.

Did you know that modern 1995 browser technology includes sending a referrer header to the target site when you click on a link?

• no actual picture of the product.. who would buy such a product..

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

No offense @whop but your pricing is all wrong, from a business point of view.

You're new on the market (or will be when you launch) but your price is as high as cPanel which is known/trusted/feature-packed/secured/supported/etc.

I get that you're not trying to replace/take-over cPanel, but who would go with your panel when they can (for the same price) go with cPanel?

• @deadbeef said:
    Did you know that modern 1995 browser technology includes sending a referrer header to the target site when you click on a link?

Nope, never heard of that because I disable mine so protect my privacy.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Nope, never heard of that because I disable mine so protect my privacy.

How do you disable something you've never heard of???

• @Jonchun said:
    How do you disable something you've never heard of???

With a mouse.