Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a Quadix Server for sale, Interested?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got a Quadix Server for sale, Interested?

ifykoifyko Member
edited October 2015 in General

Got a new server, so will not be needing this anymore but a month of service already paid for.

renewal date: 06/11/2015

Product/Service:
Dedicated Hosting - Dual Intel Xeon L5630 16 Core Dedicated Server Active

Memory:
32 GB DDR3 ECC Memory

Primary Hard Drive:
1 TB 7200 RPM Enterprise SATA Hard Drive

Secondary Hard Drive:
None

Third Hard Drive:
None

Fourth Hard Drive:
None

Fifth Hard Drive:
None

Sixth Hard Drive:
None

Raid:
None

Operating System:
CentOS 6 64 bit

Control Panel:
None

IP Addresses:
3 IP Addresses (default) IPv4

Network:
1 Gbps Port - 30 TB Transfer (included)

Management:
Self Managed - ( Support, Dell DRAC included )

IPMI Management:
iDRAC Express (reboot, power cycle, monitor)

Recurring Amount:
$37.95 USD

Billing Cycle:
Monthly

Next Due Date:
11/06/2015

Anyone interested? looking for 0.121252 BTC.

PM Me. Thank you

Comments

• ifyko said: Product/Service: Dedicated Hosting - Dual Intel Xeon L5630 16 Core Dedicated Server Active

No. It's 8 cores..

http://ark.intel.com/products/47927/Intel-Xeon-Processor-L5630-12M-Cache-2_13-GHz-5_86-GTs-Intel-QPI

• ifykoifyko Member
    edited October 2015

check http://quadix.co/ix/cart.php?gid=1

16cores with HT

• ifyko said: 16cores with HT

No.. H/T are not cores. They are threads.

• The CPU has 4 cores. 8 Threads. Dual CPU - 8 cores and 16 threads. Hyperthreads are recognized as cores in any OS.

• ifykoifyko Member
    edited October 2015

i agree yes, "threads" but thats what its stated on quadix website

• ifyko said: i agree yes, threads but thats what its stated on quadix website

really? then they are clueless.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited October 2015

Stated on their site because no matter what you use on that thing the cores and threads are all recognized as 16 physical cores. And it always sounds nice to say 16 core server when it's a dual CPU server with 8 real cores and 8 hyperthreads.

Thanked by 1ifyko
  • the server is a good one tho

• Hidden_Refuge said: Stated on their site because no matter what you use on that thing the cores and threads are all recognized as 16 physical cores.

still does not make them cores does it lol.. only a fool would believe that. and quite frankly am surprised american public does not get protection against lies like this. in my country this would be illegal.

• Marketing????? PROFIT!!!!!!!!! YES!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

The server may be good. But its QuadIX. Don't touch it with a barge pole.

Yup. They cancelled and wiped my server and called it an "accident"

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Ht just has an extra program counter is all. -.- I don't care what the computer sees it as. One extra programmer counter doesn't give you the full performance of a full core.....

• ifykoifyko Member
    edited October 2015

been using this server for over 5months now, and my experience was great, uptime great also but support kinda slow but ok. no hardware issues so far

• ifyko said: been using this server for over 5months now, and my experience was great, uptime great also but support kinda slow but ok. no hardware issues so far

it's a very bad performer though.. http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/search?q=L5630

• Wow. So many party poopers in just one thread.

Thanked by 1jar
  • still for sale

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Quadix down ?

• Yep, for a couple of hours already.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

yeah looks like they've been down for a couple of hours..... shit.... this is like the third time in the last few weeks. Going to be migrating the last of my clients off of them real soon.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I have only 1 client who's node is with them from past 6 months and this is the 3rd or 4th outage. -_- Sucks

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@BharatB I have a couple clients there that I will be migrating as soon as they come back up....

• I got a server from them. Seems their network is down.

• I'm not surprised at all considering they are the parent company of the infamous i-83.net

• sinsin Member

@agoldenberg said:
    yeah looks like they've been down for a couple of hours..... shit.... this is like the third time in the last few weeks. Going to be migrating the last of my clients off of them real soon.

Quadix/volumedrive is pretty notorious for going up and down like a yo-yo

• @Issam2204 said:
    I'm not surprised at all considering they are the parent company of the infamous i-83.net

No, they're not. Completely different companies.

Thanked by 2quadhost Issam2204
  • Sorry then. I got them confused.

Seems that they have dropped all their BGP announcements. Doesn't leave my ISP

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@hawc said:
    Seems that they have dropped all their BGP announcements. Doesn't leave my ISP

Must be a moose BGP attack?

Tested it and it seems either that or they crappy network has dropped routes.

• Issam2204 said: I'm not surprised at all considering they are the parent company of the infamous i-83.net

i-83 recently merged with quadhost.net . They have nothing to do with quadix. BTW, i have a small box from i-83 with a small wp site on it (NAT 256MB) and it has ~350 days uptime (sunce the day I setuo it) with no real issues on it. Not so bad for 3.35$ per year (I'm in the middle of the second year)