Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

tr1ckytr1cky Member
edited June 2016 in Reviews

So here is the public version for anybody to see:

On the 8th of October I noticed that my VMs with seflow's FlexCloud service in France were offline. I logged into the control panel and they showed as turned off.
I then opened a ticket and asked why the VMs were turned off, Matteo Berlonghi, the CEO of seflow responded that this problem would be caused by my VMs and that nobody else would have problems.
Here is the conversation up to this point (always read these from the bottom):

After powering the VMs on again, I still couldn't reach them and I found them to have packet loss, so I told seflow, Matteo Berlonghi went on telling me that this would also be a specific issue with my VMs, despite others reporting packet loss at the same time for the same service:

At the same time packet loss was reported on LET:

I then went ahead and told Matteo Berlonghi that somebody else also had issues with packet loss and that's when Matteo Berlonghi found out who I was on lowendtalk and decided to quit all communication with me:

You may now ask why Matteo Berlonghi reponded so drastically? It's because I made one, yes, one negative statement about seflow, this one:

This is the reason Matteo Berlonghi decided to not respond to trouble tickets anymore, this is the reason why he suspended my services one day after all this went down, without any notification, without any reason, without giving refund for the remaining credit of the account at seflow.
Matteo Berlonghi broke the contract between me and his company by suspending the service and keeping the money.
He is also not true to his own words:

Since there was still credit left the contract didn't end yet and still one day later all the VMs were suspended without any notification or reason.

In the meantime, Matteo Berlonghi denies that the issues that occured for my VMs occured for other people while others reported the same issues.
The issue that the VMs showed as offline repeated itself one day after the initial incident, another customer had the same problem, as you can see here:

Short translation: Frecyboy asks me if I currently have problems with seflow, I respond to him that all my VMs show as offline, he then quotes a ticket response stating that a storage server of seflow went down.

I can only advise you to stay far away from this provider.
I know that other reputable members on LET had their fair share of problems with them in the past and that they are unreliable and even try to discredit people by lying, attacking them verbally or making statements that they can't proof like:

For all the potential customers of seflow, this treatment is what you can expect from their CEO:

Comments

• @tr1cky

Thank you for finally posting this. His entire actions are disgusting. This was a much needed thread. I will never use their products now that I've seen how you were treated.

Further more for them to come back and accuse all of LET of being spammers and dishonest users and then accusing users of DDoS too?

• I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually feel like signing up for the plan just to check them out..

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited October 2015

.................... I have (almost) no words. What a dick right from the beginning.... "you are not the center of the world hurr durr" o.O

also thx for posting because I was actually considering to sign up with them (yes really)

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually feel like signing up for the plan just to check them out..

Bad reviews on LET = sales. Sad reality, but no press is bad press here.

• I did have a few minutes total of packet loss on two separate days like you .

But ALL my vms did auto-reboot and restore network connectivity in those minutes.

Maybe your VMs were on an unlucky hypervisor perhaps?

Sample size: I have at least 2 VMs on SBG hv1 and hv2 each respectively.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

@hostnoob said:
    I'm ashamed to admit this, but I actually feel like signing up for the plan just to check them out..

It's called the GVH effect which mostly affects those who are not the brightest lights.
    Don't be a dimmed lightbulb. Live up to your full potential!

• Jar said: but no press is bad press here.

You will eat your words on my planned 'MXRoute review' thread :P

Thanked by 24n0nx jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    You will eat your words on my planned 'MXRoute review' thread :P

Man, I begged one guy to write a bad review after he threatened it. I never got that bad review. I'm still upset about it.

Thanked by 2J1021 vimalware
  • Jar said: I begged one guy to write a bad review after he threatened it. I never got that bad review.

And as I told David, $100 and I'll write whatever you want me to write.

• @hostnoob said:

I'm grinning at the 75 odd Gigs of RAM free on the upgraded(?) SBG hypervisors.

Enough RAM to scale up on-demand. The VMs are always snappy even at 10% CPU priority.

Right now, these VMs are just my playground for testing stuff while I check network uptime for 2 months.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I will do it for 50 :)
    Seriously, this is going too far, matteo will, like many others, say, fuck let, this is southern hot blood, you don't see uncle here, do you...
    I could not care less for insults and half truths, others do, I am sorry for them, but what can we do? Born that way, you know...
    I think matteo offers a decent service at a decent price, he is just pissed that the smallest customers are the most problematic and you must understand him, I guess.
    I understand Gordon, Dave_A, Uncle, everyone, more empathy and do not drop the bomb when you can, this thread is exaggerating things a lot, a scam? Come on...

TL:DR Cultural things cannot be conquered easily, there is still a long way to go to the global village when everyone talks and understands everyone.
    Just look at Russia, they are not monsters, just believe in force more than in reason, even when using force is against their interest, losing way more even if they manage to conquer everything peacefully, same the americans, they call themselves christians but they measure their power in guns and how many people they managed to kill.

• Expectations management: universal cure for all human stress.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @hostnoob said:

you have nothing to be ashamed human mind is wired to do things other say don't do.

Some times i don't have courage to admit things

@Jar said:
    Man, I begged one guy to write a bad review after he threatened it. I never got that bad review. I'm still upset about it.

That's some BS thing to-do for a provider Any way Mxroute is a great product

@jar you are friendly to people if some one writes bad review without proof LET will tear them down

@IThinkUFailed said:
    tr1cky

Thank you for finally posting this. His entire actions are disgusting. This was a much needed thread. I will never use their products now that I've seen how you were treated.

Further more for them to come back and accuse all of LET of being spammers and dishonest users and then accusing users of DDoS too?

i feel the same way Seflow can't treat customers like this and accusing a community of spammers and dishonest users WTF is wrong with Seflow

I will never recommend their product to anyone after today

Thanked by 2jar MikePT
  • @Maonique I think Italians are well able to provide services while keeping their mouths shut, which is all that Matteo had to do. If he can't keep it closed, maybe he is in the wrong business. Especially when he offers VPS's for 1€ and then complains about LET.

• @Maounique said:
    I think matteo offers a decent service at a decent price, he is just pissed that the smallest customers are the most problematic and you must understand him, I guess.

This is why I was thinking about signing up. I hadn't checked seflow but when I saw it mentioned I looked at the site and thought the 1euro/mo deal looked good.

I rarely ever contact support anyway

• Maounique said: TL:DR Cultural things cannot be conquered easily, there is still a long way to go to the global village when everyone talks and understands everyone.

Just look at Russia, they are not monsters, just believe in force more than in reason, even when using force is against their interest, losing way more even if they manage to conquer everything peacefully, same the americans, they call themselves christians but they measure their power in guns and how many people they managed to kill.

^This. To some culture the phrase "please be honest" might be translated as "you lied to me aren't you" so that's the trigger that might cause some people bzzrggekkk IMHO.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This comes as no surprise, I don't accept cultural differences as an excuse, I have not spoke to one person where SEflow has come up in conversation who has not thought he was a complete arrogant idiot cry baby.

The issue is he is so arrogant even when he knows he is wrong he wont back down, his bosses are the same and back him all the way.

That said none of the is new information, unless you bought this 2 years ago there is no real reason for you to be surprised by any of this, just move on, put your review in to cloud.net they should not be a federation partner.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited October 2015

@simonindia said:
    u have nothing to be ashamed human mind is wired to do things other say don't do.

Please don't send me money to my PayPal account.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Is that A Company providing Cloud via OnApp being One Man Army Show ? Only that specific Person"Matteo" replied. And, his Writing is not up to the Mark to hold 5K Customers. Sometimes, all the grammars were messed up. I have serious doubt on this company. If a Customer is complaining about something, he must not sit in front of his workspace and say Everything is Okay. Rather than that, he should check from his End. He didn't pay a heed to the packet loss Complain. And, what is the connection between LET & His Company that if A Customer complains in LET, he suspends all ??

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2015

Any provider that gloats over the size of their business or active customer base to a customer or forum, in my opinion is disgusting and more than likely won't be around for very long. Or at least I hope they won't be, its absolutely pathetic.

Seriously, excuse the langauge, but it's fucking disgusting that he can't treat you, one customer with any respect. Who cares if the tool has 5,000 customers its obvious he'll treat them the same if they open a ticket.

The guy is a complete bell end.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ATHK said: Seriously, excuse the langauge, but it's fucking disgusting that he can't treat you, one customer with any respect. Who cares if the tool has 5,000 customers

Given your sentence before that one my reply will be a little ironic but there is no way to say this without saying it, 5000 is small, I honestly thought they were significantly larger than that, puts them in the same bracket as me customer number wise so I can say for sure now there is no excuse.

• simonindia said: you are friendly to people if some one writes bad review without proof LET will tear them down

This is something many providers don't seem to understand. If they are friendly and helpful to everyone people will return the favor if something bad happens to the provider, if the provider is usually annoying and moronic people will also return the favor.

@Maounique cultural differences aren't really an excuse, if you sell a service you have to deliver that service.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • gsrdgrdghd said: If they are friendly and helpful to everyone people will return the favor if something bad happens to the provider, if the provider is usually annoying and moronic people will also return the favor.

An eye for an eye || turn the other cheek :)

• @Jar said:

I have solved you problem, you can now sleep easily :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Why he ( @matteob ) disappeared ??

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Why he ( matteob ) disappeared ??

Probably because he realises what the sad little bully he is and has retreated.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

Jar said: Man, I begged one guy to write a bad review after he threatened it. I never got that bad review. I'm still upset about it.

i will happily review your service :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @matteob

Well i use their flexcloud service for 2 month without big problems. So i am happy at all :)

FR location

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    put your review in to cloud.net they should not be a federation partner.

To clarify, Cloud.net is a federation buyer, federation is a different thing and has to be treated separately from Cloud.net. For example, we are part of the federation as suppliers, but our services aren't available on Cloud.net, they are available to other federation partners though.

I'm not defending anyone here, but since the issue happened with direct Customer, why federation buyer like Cloud.ner or a federation at all should be involved ?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Given your sentence before that one my reply will be a little ironic but there is no way to say this without saying it, 5000 is small, I honestly thought they were significantly larger than that, puts them in the same bracket as me customer number wise so I can say for sure now there is no excuse.

Exactly, and look at you .. Hardly any complaints, no disgusting behavior and no gloating. 5000 may be a small number but you're doing a way better job than them..

Anyway, rant over.

This discussion has been closed.