Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Namecheap Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is Namecheap Hosting?

I have namecheap for my domain provider for most of my domains, However I have never used their service. What is their shared hosting service like? When speaking with their live chat agent they stated they offer two us locations but they dont give you a choice for location.

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

I was using them before 1 year and I was really happy with them. Just the price was a issue for me. +1

p.s avoid godaddy hosting.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Namecheap is really good I have most of my domains with them and used to host with them awhile back but no problems with them at all, you might have a few problems actually finding the products you order though because of the new control panel.

• I love NameCheap hosting, but it's a bit on the expensive side. On the side note: it's extremely reliable and I just contacted them via/ LiveChat and got a nice, prompt fix to the problem I was experiencing.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Something I don't like about some of these big web hosting providers is that they don't open custom ports for you.

I was planning on hosting my site with GoDaddy but they said they could not open ports 5656, 2087, and a few others for me even though their priced higher than other companies

• Never used it myself, but never heard any bad reviews too. Everyone that I know that uses it has only good things to talk about the product.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2015

I recently moved some stuff from BuyShared to Namecheap and I've been very happy. Namecheap's hosting is solid.

• You can get better hosting for less, if you look around

• Yes you can get better packs at less price....
    Namecheap hosting is highly expensive priced....

• Namecheap shared hosting is quiet good in my experience.

• Their cPanel hosting is slow for dynamic sites, but for high bandwidth static content they are fine.

• Slightly slower pace from Vietnam

• Thank you for the comments. I have used many providers but thought I might try them. I would never use go daddy or any eig brand...

Thanked by 1rgenzon
  • Namecheap is pretty great I have 2 accounts, but of course after that really cheap first year I'll be cancelling.

• US
     Value

£6.50/yr
    Renewal price $38.88/year

Value

£14.39/yr
    Renewal price $38.88/year

You can get a vps for that price, thought it might not be on ssd. Renewal kills the deal anyway.