Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what other providers offer SmartOS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, what other providers offer SmartOS?

Hello friends,

I am trying to find out who else offers hosting or cloud based on SmartOS hypervisor, or even dedicated w/ SmartOS as an OS option.

This is what I found:

• Joyent.com - of course, they made SmartOS and run their whole Public Cloud on it

• OVH.com - it seems they'll install SmartOS hypervisor onto a dedicated server for you

• EveryCity.co.uk - never heard of them, but it seems they do offer SmartOS in some shape or form

• And, well, me.

My Primary Goal is to finding a dedicated server provider outside of the US, who can host SmartOS for me so that I can start introducing more datacenters into the mix at vRocket.

Servers have to be Dual Xeon (2.6 - 2.93Hz), 6-10 phys. cores, 128GB - 256GB RAM, 2 x SSD + 4 x SAS (or 6 x SSD - Intel SuperCapped Datacenter Edition, no cheapos). No Raid (ZFS doesn't like HW raid).

Looking for places in: Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, UK, and maybe a West Coast based DC just to add that to the mix as well. Gigabit uplink a must.

My Secondary Goal is to figure out if there's anyone else out there hosting a "public cloud" based on SmartOS (like Joyent and vRocket do).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• We offer SmartOS / SmartDC but not in LEB/LET pricing range. SmartOS is also used for ZFS storage in our email services.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We offer SmartOS / SmartDC but not in LEB/LET pricing range. SmartOS is also used for ZFS storage in our email services.

Could you please send me some more info on your SmartOS offer (links / pricing).

Thank you!

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

Hit up SwiftNode ( @ItsChrisG ) for deals on good hardware and high bandwidth for a Los Angeles (West Coast) location.

Thanked by 2vRocket_io vpsGOD
  • We can offer servers with SmartOS in Germany. If you are interested in a quote, please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Thanked by 1vRocket_io
  • Jonchun said: Hit up SwiftNode ( @ItsChrisG ) for deals on good hardware and high bandwidth for a Los Angeles (West Coast) location.

and going down like weekly.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We are happy to install any OS (as long as you have a license or it's free) on the server for you.

Have a look on our current best deals in London, https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale. If you need any more information please drop me a PM :).

Thanked by 1vRocket_io
  • @William said:

I do love it when you go down on me.

• @William said:
    and going down like weekly.

Proof? I haven't been with them long, but I've noticed nearly no downtime aside from when I reformatted the server a month ago.

uptime 02:04:08 up 45 days, 9:25, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.02, 0.00

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG
  • @Jonchun said:
    `

Oh its ok. There'll always be haters. I've only been here for 14+ years and counting and, not going anywhere. some day theyll realize working with me instead of trolling me is more beneficial to them.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Jonchun said: Proof? I haven't been with them long, but I've noticed nearly no downtime aside from when I reformatted the server a month ago.

I/We are customer since a few months already, besides slow support (still no reply about SWIP after a month now, at least RDNS was delegated) the network has issues far more often than other nodes.

Quickly from just slave errors - always coming up when there seems to be DDoS.

http://i.imgur.com/EJAjYkg.jpg

ItsChrisG said: Oh its ok. There'll always be haters. I've only been here for 14+ years and counting and, not going anywhere. some day theyll realize working with me instead of trolling me is more beneficial to them.

You don't even know what customer i am.

• @William said:

Feel free to let the door hit you on your way out and make sure not to leave any of your lies laying around the room either, I hope your mom taught you how to pick up after yourself.

You must continue being a customer because its so bad, real genius mentality.
    Spend less time following me around like a horny dog, and more time making your next rent payment. #protip

• Ouch, I stepped away for a second and came back to see this turn into a fight :)

Thanks all for the constructive comments. Will check out a couple of recommended options above for sure.

Thanked by 1netomx