Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Upgrade Issues ( 5.3.14 > 6.1.1 )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Upgrade Issues ( 5.3.14 > 6.1.1 )

Dear All,

While upgrading from 5.3.14 to 6.1.1 im getting this error :

Upgrade Failed
A problem was encountered while attempting to apply the database schema updates.

The error message returned by the update process was as follows:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'filetoba_whmcs.tbltransientdata' doesn't exist (SQL: insert into tbltransientdata (name, data, expires) values (cronComplete, 1, 1444059299))

Any ideas ?

I searched WHMCS forums, a few others did have this issue but no solution has been provided.

Comments

• Let me know what you find because I am about to do the same thing. What version of PHP and MySQL are you running?

• I solved this by creating the table via phpmyadmin :

tbltransientdata , with 3 columns : name, data, expires

and setup finished and installed. so far it seems good.

• You didn't have "sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" in your my.cnf

drop your database and restore then attempt again after reading all the requirements of v6

You need to drop it to get all the innodb tables out otherwise you will be in an endless loop

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • smansman Member
    edited October 2015

@Mridul said:
    I solved this by creating the table via phpmyadmin :

tbltransientdata , with 3 columns : name, data, expires

and setup finished and installed. so far it seems good.

If that is all it is you can do that with fairly simply mysql command lines.

Probably something like:

> use whmcsdatabasename;
    > CREATE TABLE tbltransientdata (name, data, expires);

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • smansman Member
    edited October 2015

@miTgiB said:
    You didn't have "sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" in your my.cnf

drop your database and restore then attempt again after reading all the requirements of v6

You need to drop it to get all the innodb tables out otherwise you will be in an endless loop

I believe the actual requirement you are referring to is for strict modes to be disabled. That is also the requirement for v5.3 so it should already be running that way.

I believe that as long as there is not a sql-mode= line that is not empty it should already be disabled. Will have to look into this a bit more to be sure.

Rather than drop the database you can create another and maybe call it "whmcs_v6"

• MridulMridul Member
    edited October 2015

Well, i wish to know from members if the solution i opted is fine.. i mean should i continue ?
    I mean, to simply create the missing table, as after that install ended fine when i run it again.

@mitgib , plz share your thoughts.

• smansman Member
    edited October 2015

I think this is how you can check if strct modes is disabled.

> use whmcsdatabasename;
    > SELECT @@sql_mode;

If it's blank like mine was then I believe that means you already have strict modes disabled as per whmcs requirements for v5.3 and v6.

If not then as far as I can tell you would just add sql-mode="" to my.cnf assuming you want it applied globally. I think you can also apply it locally to individual databases from a mysql command line.

Sounds like that other sql-mode option the other poster gave is also valid.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • When I contacted WHMCS about a similar issue, they gave me a modified SQL file that restored the DB, because for some reason, the tables were becoming hidden and corrupted without any reason or errors.