Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vDeck to cPanel? Anyone did it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vDeck to cPanel? Anyone did it?

Hello Community!

I must transfer some accounts from vDeck into cPanel. Someone did it automatically? Any tool out there?

I'd appreciate any information you could give me.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• MridulMridul Member
    edited October 2015

what is the license price for vdeck ? the control panel seeems to be comparable to cpanel.

• vDeck is not for sale. Can be used only by EIG Partners.

• Isn't vDeck sitting on top of cPanel (with embedded billing & upsells)?

• @heachhog said:
    Isn't vDeck sitting on top of cPanel (with embedded billing & upsells)?

I don't get your point with this. Care to elaborate?

• From my understanding, vDeck would be more of a "Client Area", where you can purchase the services, make tickets, etc. But if you would want to manage domain settings, files, DNS, you would be logged into cPanel. So, techncailly, you would use cPanel-provided tools for migration. I might be wrong here, it was a while since I was with any of EIG hosts.

• It is a complete solution. Billing and hosting management. They developed it to be used only by EIG. They have a tool to transfer from cPanel but seems cPanel still dide't support it.
    I was looking for someone that already did it automatically but seems this is not possible. Should be done manually :)

• vDeck is good control panel, only used from EIG companies, Ipage, FatCow etc.

Can you ask from developers?

• @TheKiller said:
    vDeck is good control panel, only used from EIG companies, Ipage, FatCow etc.

Can you ask from developers?

I don't think that someone will help me to take his client away.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

There's certainly a way to transfer the content. I believe that I managed a clients account in EIG and got a cPanel backup, although, that was a few years ago.. But they were using something else for their frontend, while the backend was cPanel. PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

• @MrGeneral said:
    There's certainly a way to transfer the content. I believe that I managed a clients account in EIG and got a cPanel backup, although, that was a few years ago.. But they were using something else for their frontend, while the backend was cPanel. PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Nvm, I have already started to do it manually. Thank you anyway.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

You're welcome!

Thanked by 1MisterHost_NET