Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 3 VPSes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 3 VPSes

I need 3 Vpses for my university project. The Vpses will be used for data gathering(spider), so I will be making around 1-5(Max) requests per minute. So the whole point of this request is, I don't want to get suspended for sending a lot of requests.

The Vpses wouldn't be used for anything unethical, so you wouldn't get any complains.

Requirements:
Ram : 256 MB
Diskspace : 4 - 10GB/VPS (SSD preferred, HDD is fine as long as it has decent I/O)
IPV4/VPS
Payment method : Skrill(Preferred), CC

Since this is university project, the budget for all these Vpses is $6-$8/3VPS.

Comments

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited October 2015

Can you clarify, is that $6 to $8 per VPS or total amount for 3 VPS?

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Can you clarify, is that $6 to $8 per VPS or total amount for 3 VPS?

Total Amount.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited October 2015

Wable.com bundle #3 with powerboost will meet all your needs for 3x VPS, SSD, $8/mo.

Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/powerboost/camp-let65189 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher). Sign up at wable, choose bundle 3 or higher, pay for your bundle, then come back here and click the powerboost link, you will see your resources increase).

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited October 2015

^ I'd consider that then. Also, do you need 3 different locations too or should they all be with one location/provider?

• Go with Wable, you'll get 5 VPS's for $8

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM HammadKhan
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
  • HammadKhanHammadKhan Member
    edited October 2015

@Incero
    I just want to confirm, is it fine, if Vps send around 1-5 requests per minute? the script wouldn't use much resources.

• You won't get a better than deal than Wable's bundle 3.

Just don't raise a support ticket asking for help configuring anything or you're out on your arse.

Thanked by 3Pwner SpeedyKVM 4n0nx
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

I could do this for $18 per year:

3 x this:

1 Core

256MB RAM

5GB SSD

250GB BW

1 IPv4

IPv6

$6 per year: https://subnetlabs.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=50

Our website is: http://www.impactvps.com

• I am going with Wable, thank you for your offers.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@HammadKhan said:
    Incero
    I just want to confirm, is it fine, if Vps send around 1-5 requests per minute? the script wouldn't use much resources.

Wable is a stable platform, you can use it for regular usage, you don't need to worry about that.

• Incero said: Wable is a stable

You're a poet and didn't know it.

• I can give my server cloudrino not use, it has 512 MB RAM and 1 core

• @Nekki said:
    Just don't raise a support ticket asking for help configuring anything or you're out on your arse.

In fairness, at that price you are explicitly going for an unmanaged service. I wouldn't expect help configuring stuff unless there was a problem specific to something oddly non-standard in their network.

Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised with Dacentec's response when I slightly cocked up my $20/mo dedicated server setup and needed things resetting from their end - so good support is not unheard off from inexpensive providers. If your 6-to-8 dollar budget is per month then you could have one of their $1/month VPSs and there are several other providers with similar spec VPSs for the same or not much more meaning three easily be inside your budget. If you don't need them to be geographically or topologically separated then grab three from there for $3/month.

Pooled OVZ accounts like those already suggested are definitely worth considering too though, especially if you can spread the resources between different locations.

@HammadKhan said:
    making around 1-5(Max) requests per minute. So the whole point of this request is, I don't want to get suspended for sending a lot of requests.

I doubt any host, even the cheapest overloaded massively-oversold penny-grabbing company, will even notice 5 outgoing connections per minute coming from a VPSs; even if that is a daily average and all your requests are in one hour or less - so I wouldn't worry overly about that.

• MeAtExampleDotCom said: In fairness, at that price you are explicitly going for an unmanaged service.

I'm completely onboard with Wable's 'do it yourself or GTFO' policy.

• should have gone with moosevz. Their company is not run by buttholes, but by lovely Canadian French who offer you Baguette and Croissant with every ticket.*

*reality may differ slightly

• Error: There was an issue deploying your server. Staff alerted. Please try again later or try a different location.

• Get $100 DO credits with your .edu email and you can spin up some free VMs if it's for a university project.

• We offer free cloud servers to students doing research. Send me a line to [email protected]

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @4n0nx said:
    should have gone with moosevz. Their company is not run by buttholes, but by lovely Canadian French who offer you Baguette and Croissant with every ticket.*

*reality may differ slightly

You're totally wrong, Quebec is not the French nation. You should have said poutine and maple syrup instead ;)

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • keanu said: We offer free cloud servers to students doing research. Send me a line to [email protected]

ahahaha, shure, we are going to email you.

• keanu said: We offer free cloud servers to students doing research. Send me a line to [email protected]

Wish I was at college :\

• dedicados said: keanu said: We offer free cloud servers to students doing research. Send me a line to [email protected]

ahahaha, shure, we are going to email you.

didnt read good, sorry

• @sdglhm said:
    Wish I was at college :\

Why? College = $30,000-75000/year... That's a lot of money that you seem to have ._.

• doghouch said: Why? College = $30,000-75000/year... That's a lot of money that you seem to have ._.

Urm. It's mostly free here. ;)

• @MeAtExampleDotCom thank you for the suggestions, I have multiple Vpses with time4vps, Vultr and other providers, and I haven't even opened a single ticket in a year, so I don't need support as long as it's working fine.
    I was not sure how outgoing request look to a provider, so I thought it would matter.

@ShalaWorks thank you for your offer.

@keanu Thank you for the offer, but I might use it for commercial purpose after University, so I can spend some amount on it :) I'll definitely consider elasticnode for future projects.

Nekki said: I'm completely onboard with Wable's 'do it yourself or GTFO' policy.

I can live with it :)

4n0nx said: *reality may differ slightly

But why ? :(