Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HVH / ColoCrossing ips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HVH / ColoCrossing ips

ChalipaChalipa Member
edited October 2015 in General

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL272234

my IPs are blocked too, has any1 else been affected as well here?

Comments

• That's part of the service package, bundled for free. :)

• apparently all their IPs were removed and cleaned... perhaps not anymore.

• Suprise surprise :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

We have already taken care of the SBLs. There were 10 blacklistings which were taken care of. We have requested delsiting from spamhaus.

Thanked by 3Lee XiNiX Pwner
  • @Ernie the blacklist was added today.

and please have your guys not to ask clients pay for something which is supposed to come with the vps/server.

Hello ******,

Thank you for contacting Hudson Valley Host support. We understand you are having issues sending email due to the IPs being blacklisted. Hudson Valley Host has teamed up with MailChannels to offer high availability SMTP relay service. For only $10/ we can integrate MailChannels SMTP relay service with your WHM. All email will securely go through our MailChannels partner account ensuring the emails are received by the end user. MailChannels SMTP relay service also includes a powerful outbound spam filter.

You can read more about MailChannels SMTP relay service here: http://billing.hudsonvalleyhost.com/knowledgebase/10081/MailChannels-SMTP-Relay-Addon.html

Shall we go ahead and invoice you the $10.00 and add this to your server?

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@Chalipa said:
    Ernie the blacklist was added today.

and please have your guys not to ask clients pay for something which is supposed to come with the vps/server.

Well, IMHO, They are simply trying to help you, Make your mail delivery more redundant.
    Its an "addon".

Say, you face a DoS and the host asks you if they can add a DoS protected IP ( costs extra of course ) so as to sheild you from being null routed.

@Chalipa said:
    Ernie the blacklist was added today.

Mailchannels is a addon and does not come with the server. All of the SBLs have been handled we are just waiting for spamhaus to reply.

• @XiNiX said:

I fully understand what they are, don't compare this with DDOS protected IP. If i'm ddos'd then my website has been under attack, and i i want to have my website online or protected whatever i MUST buy ddos protected ip.

here i'm blacklisted because of SOMEONE ELSE why should i pay for ADDON or whatever for the server that is supposed to be included with the service that i'm already paying for?

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@Chalipa said:
    here i'm blacklisted because of SOMEONE ELSE why should i pay for ADDON or whatever for the server that is supposed to be included with the service that i'm already paying for?

Well, thats the problem with the "shared" platforms. Even VPSs share IP , Disk and Bandwidth along with CPU. Its really ironic that often you do get affected by what the others are doing on the same node.

HVH are well known for their responsiveness thats what i like about them. The reality is, probelms do exist and will exist with any host you consider. The best ones are those who try to solve it quick.

Im sure they will try to get this fixed asap.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I think, there is no advantage to discuss this again & again. The fact is ColoCrossing will remain cheap (I'm not blaming them that they are doing the worst), significantly their network is better now than any other time. And Many of the LET Users are getting an E3 packed with RAM & HDD for as low as $49. So, people will abuse this & this is obvious. What you expect with $49 ? Still, I'm not blaming them as at least they are legit & giving their effort to resolve the issue. Ernie does work hard and so many CC Staffs. I indeed like their dedication towards the users. At least, they don't charge you like a giant & ignore you at the last (Many other Premium Providers do this :3 ).

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Chalipa you also need to understand that spamhaus blocks an entire range based on the actions of a couple of IP addresses. This is not the fault of HVH nor is it your fault but shit happens so stop freaking out for nothing. @Ernie has sad it is taken care of, but spamhaus are mother fuckers and sometimes you just have to wait.

Thanked by 2GM2015 XiNiX

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I think, there is no advantage to discuss this again & again. The fact is ColoCrossing will remain cheap (I'm not blaming them that they are doing the worst), significantly their network is better now than any other time. And Many of the LET Users are getting an E3 packed with RAM & HDD for as low as $49. So, people will abuse this & this is obvious. What you expect with $49 ? Still, I'm not blaming them as at least they are legit & giving their effort to resolve the issue. Ernie does work hard and so many CC Staffs. I indeed like their dedication towards the users. At least, they don't charge you like a giant & ignore you at the last (Many other Premium Providers do this :3 ).

Thank you for the kind words. The escalations were over 9 blacklistings. Personally I feel they were unjust and you can ask some of our resellers that are on these forums I am very strict on them with spam. I personally went through and took care of each of them. Spamhaus seems quick to pull the trigger on large escalations over even just 4 IPs (one VM tht was spamming). I do not quite understand why they hit us with escalations but other providers that have hundreds (softlayer in partiticular 592 blacklistings https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/softlayer.com) they really do nothing about.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If you don't want crap, then don't buy crap.

If you buy from ColoCrossing, you already know what to expect, so a /16 blacklist shouldn't surprise you after all those years. If it does, you didn't do your job doing a little bit of research before ordering.

Sorry but that's it.

• MunMun Member

@agoldenberg said:
    Chalipa you also need to understand that spamhaus blocks an entire range based on the actions of a couple of IP addresses. This is not the fault of HVH nor is it your fault but shit happens so stop freaking out for nothing. Ernie has sad it is taken care of, but spamhaus are mother fuckers and sometimes you just have to wait.

However, this is not an uncommon occurrence with them. This happens all the time, to the point even LET began using other mail providers.

The best solution here is that you move to a new host that has better control of there network. Incero / Ramnode / buyvm are all good options depending on your needs.

If you don't move there is a guarantee via time that with CC that you will have to deal with this again.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

+1 to what @mun is suggesting. Some budget providers don't watch their IP ranges as closely as others.

The escalations have been removed.

• New day. Old shit

• LeeLee Veteran

They key here is surely that it was dealt with swiftly.

• MunMun Member

@Lee said:
    They key here is surely that it was dealt with swiftly.

Ahem community adviser, this time it was dealt with swiftly, what about next time, and the time after that?

• LeeLee Veteran

Mun said: Ahem community adviser, this time it was dealt with swiftly, what about next time, and the time after that?

Whilst you live in the past, I can't predict the future. We will see what happens the next time.

• MunMun Member

@Lee said:
    Whilst you live in the past, I can't predict the future. We will see what happens the next time.

We all live and interpret the past, we are never actually in the now.

• @Chalipa said:
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL272234

my IPs are blocked too, has any1 else been affected as well here?

Yeah, looks like they removed the listening. Link now shows that it's not in the sbl.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Yes the issue has been resolved.