Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Urpad ads on the sidebar acting wonky
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Urpad ads on the sidebar acting wonky

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited December 2012 in General

Okay I just saw the same ad in 3 boxes lol. I'm guessing they bought 3 ad slots.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2012

That is old news, some ppl saw this some 2 weeks ago :P
    EDIT: was looking for the thread but infinity beat me to it :)

• @FRCorey said: Okay I just saw the same ad in 3 boxes lol. I'm guessing they bought 3 ad slots.

As per that thread, the highest count was 4. Try to see if you can see 5 or 6 ads.

• Corey, if you want some free ads banner, I will give it to you for free

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Corey, if you want some free ads banner, I will give it to you for free

Go for it :)

Been busy I figured I was the first to post about it, only to find out I'm 2 weeks late lol.

• @FRCorey said: Urpad ads on the sidebar acting wonky

FTFY

• Wait, so you guys disable adblock on this website?

kool.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@GIANT_CRAB said: adblock

adblock uses domains; if you use IPs, it will bypass several blocks

• Why would you use IP in the first place?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said: adblock uses domains; if you use IPs, it will bypass several blocks

Depends. Adblock for Chrome appears to depend more on CSS styles.

• Adblock rarely blocks ads hosted on the actual website's server, as opposed to Google et al.

• LeeLee Veteran

Never really thought about this before, for those that use ad blockers, does it just hide it or something else? I am thinking about the missed impressions as that is generally how ad are sold. So either impressions are reduced or still counted but the ads are never seen by that/those people?

• I too have seen URpad ads 3 at a time, Many a time, so its not new.

• @netomx said: adblock uses domains; if you use IPs, it will bypass several blocks

I'm using adblock +

• Never saw any ads, sup Adblock+.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

@W1V_Lee said: Never really thought about this before, for those that use ad blockers, does it just hide it or something else? I am thinking about the missed impressions as that is generally how ad are sold. So either impressions are reduced or still counted but the ads are never seen by that/those people?

Adblock Plus for Chrome blocks the HTTP requests (this is apparently a feature of the Chrome extension framework, as it yields a "blocked by extension page") and then hides the element that displays this request (such as an iframe). Basically the ads were never loaded in the first place, and the error is hidden.

• LeeLee Veteran

@joepie91 - Cheers, makes sense.