Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Highest Available Storage and RAM and the Cheapest Price!

HbrHbr Member
edited October 2015 in Requests

Hi, I wish you could help finding the best storage solutions available. It can be a VPS, a dedicate or whatever since it is possible to SSH to it and have full control of the OS. Anyway, the server should be used as a webserver as well. I mean:

• It does NOT matter the location
  • The highest disk space possible, at least 750GB or 1TB, to up to 2TB
  • At least 1024MB of RAM, 2048MB or more preferably
  • 1 or 2 dedicate cores, alternatively 2 or more shared cores
  • The best link, at least 100mbps guaranteed
  • Nothing with less than 5TB of bandwidth
  • 1 IPV4 included
  • At least RAID1
  • No more than $5 a month
  • No more than $12,5 quarterly
  • No more than $40 or $45 when paid yearly

Who here are able to provide something similar?
What would be the your offer then?

Well, I'm sure it would sell a lot...

I would purchase over 50 of these in the coming year.

Regards,

Comments

• No. Noone is going to give you one or two dedicated CPU cores for $5/month. Nevermind all other requirements.

• HbrHbr Member

Maybe it can be shared CPU since no abused nodes?

• Time4VPS storage VPS maybe?

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • HbrHbr Member

Yes, I found time4vps doing 1TB for 2€, or 2TB for 4€ in biennially payments.

However biennially is too long!

Maybe they could offer the same discount for yearly payments.

What are the other alternatives?

• for a dedicated CPU you would be looking at a min of $20 a month. for a thread much cheaper, just depends what u need

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

I would consider shared CPU. It would not be a problem since the nodes are managed properly.

I have changed this requirement to be more flexible.

• I think your budget is unrealistic for anything merchantable

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

Yes Mark, I do agree with you that it is not easy.

But since that provider mentioned above is able to do something similar, maybe other providers can do the same or even better. And I really would like to find some of them right now and for future relationship. The drawback for time4vps is the biennially payment - I mean: they could try offering the same discount for yearly payments!

• You will find some crazies who will offer this, but honestly if you are looking for long-term storage then you need to be more picky about where you throw your data.

If its just a webserver and a couple of MB of files, then its easy to spin up a new one when your current providers gets shutdown, dies, goes bankrupt or whatever. But when you've got TB's of data thats another ballgame having to keep uploading it/copying it or dealing with disk corruption.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • Hbr said: it is not easy

then raise your budget.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

Again, you are right about it as well Mark. However, it is not for critical stuff, thus not a problem finding people who would be willing to niche the lowest possible budget for storage. Additionally with two or more of these providers, someone could create several points of failure by hiring two or more providers, in a manner to void headaches if something goes wrong with one of these providers.

• @Hbr said:
    Yes Mark, I do agree with you that it is not easy.

But since that provider mentioned above is able to do something similar, maybe other providers can do the same or even better. And I really would like to find some of them right now and for future relationship. The drawback for time4vps is the biennially payment - I mean: they could try offering the same discount for yearly payments!

That Time4VPS offer is damned cheap for what you get, especially since they're a solid, reputable provider. You might get some clown offering you a better deal than that, but you're going to be taking a gamble.

Caveat Emptor.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

@Hbr said: Yes, I found time4vps doing 1TB for 2€, or 2TB for 4€ in biennially payments.

However biennially is too long!
    Maybe they could offer the same discount for yearly payments.
    What are the other alternatives?

This EthernetServers offer (exclusive product!) has 400GB for $20 per year

It's available in LA and Buffalo.

https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/214.html

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • HbrHbr Member

@Tommy, if a provider can do it, maybe there are a lot of other who can do it as well. I'm trying to find them, and it seems there are a few of this community that can do the same or even better at similar costs.

As for clown offerings like our buddy @Nekki told, I'm pretty sure there would be some of it - However who really knows!? I have seen many reputable providers at premium pricing doing a lot of shit, and some budget providers servicing the customers perfectly on all aspects.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic if they could raise the storage space at least by 350GB as well the memory, and charge a higher pricing it would be interesting. But for 400GB it is not that attractive at the moment since I'm not interested in splitting the files into many nodes when I reach 400GB. Anyway it is another option for sure if nothing else is available! :)

Any other good deals?

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

Hbr said: Any other good deals?

800GB/2GB in Nuremberg, DE for $7/mo?

https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/DE/nuremberg/111.html

This is the only other similar offer that I know of. It is more expensive than your request but I don't have anything else that I know of.

Thanked by 1Hbr
  • Waiting on @IgniteServers to offer 4TB with dedicated core for $8 a year.

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

No flexibility, and setup fees. BTW it is over $5 a month for only 500GB. If this offer was with at least 1TB it would be better. But no flexibility, 500GB and setup fees for that pricing is a no go.

Any other tip? :)

@Traffic said: https://vrtz.net/vps/openvz/US/los-angeles/214.html
    This is the only other similar offer that I know of. It is more expensive than your request but I don't have anything else that I know of.

It is another alternative for sure! Lets wait for a few more...

@Xenos said:
    Waiting on IgniteServers to offer 4TB with dedicated core for $8 a year.

Where could I find this offer and the specification for this plan? That's very interesting!

I believe you meant to say $8 a month? Even $8 a month would be quite nice depending on specification.

If it is actually $8 a year, they should sell tons of these!

• @Hbr said:
    I believe you meant to say $8 a month? Even $8 a month would be quite nice depending on specification.

That Offer was obviously a Joke ....

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@Iffi lol ... Overselling and OVZ always make some deals possible!

Hubbic at https://hubic.com knows it very well despite it is not OVZ. 10TB for 50€ a year or 5€ a month.

I have tried it and I have filled ~9TB of useless files to test it, and it works!

However, I do want a CentOS node.

• LoreSYSLoreSYS Member
    edited October 2015

Sorry for it just trying to help out

• LoreSYS said: Looking at hosting news I saw a web directory call "FindMyHost" I look in for your needs from my research I found out this company that offers VPS and Cheap dedicated servers maybe this will work for you check it.

Thanks for spreading your shit

• HbrHbr Member
    edited October 2015

@LoreSYS Am I blind or the largest node they offer is only 80Gb for $38.88/mo? :)
    Could you please help me finding the deal you mention that is within the specification I suggested?

@Frecyboy Well, I thought I were blind. Just spam then.

• @traffic the ethernetservers offer is amazing.are you using them? any reviews would be appreciated :)

• @hbr, if you can go with kimsufi 2, I suggest you do. I do understand that it is over your budget however I have heard people getting 2 tb disk instead of 1, as advertised on their website.there are many many people here who got 2 tb disk and that too frequently.

• arpanjot said: @traffic the ethernetservers offer is amazing.are you using them? any reviews would be appreciated :)

I am using them, although not in that plan. I am in their LA server and the performance is amazing, and the tickets... well, check by yourself:

If that isn't fast, I don't know what it is.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited October 2015

@Traffic said:
    If that isn't fast, I don't know what it is.

13:14 would have been better ;).Thank you for details, will sign up with them soon.hearing good reviews about them lately

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @arpanjot said:
    13:14 would have been better ;).Thank you for details, will sign up with them soon.hearing good reviews about them lately

I asked them a few questions about their service and they basically said they did not want to sell to me.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran