Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Monitoring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Monitoring

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello folks,

What do you guys recommend to monitor a handful of servers, such as cPanel Servers (and monitor MySQL, Apache, etc), and other sort of servers, Virtualization and Backup Servers?

I'd probably need SMS and Email Notifications, other methods such as IRC and Skype would help as well.

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2015

Why would you want internal monitoring alerts fed into an IRC network?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    Why would you want internal monitoring alerts fed into an IRC network?

Staff only channel, or hipchat, for example. Just in case.

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2015

We love OpsGenie for alerting (same as PagerDuty but waaay more realistic pricing) and Amon.cx+Nodeping for server monitoring.

Thanked by 2MikePT NodePing

@jh said:
    We love OpsGenie for alerting (same as PagerDuty but waaay more realistic pricing) and Amon.cx+Nodeping for server monitoring.

Will check it, thanks!

• Librenms itself untegrates with hipchat, slack, pushbullet etc & +1 for OpsGenie, company I work with is using Nagios + Opsgenie + HipChat

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Also I discovered this - useful in some cases: https://sensuapp.org/

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Sady said:
    Librenms itself untegrates with hipchat, slack, pushbullet etc & +1 for OpsGenie, company I work with is using Nagios + Opsgenie + HipChat

Great, thanks!