Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Dedibox OS installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Dedibox OS installation

I've just bought a Dedibox Limited 3815 from Online.net and i'm struggling with hard drive partition and installing more than one operating system...

Can someone please give me simple, step by step, instructions on how i can install multiple OS on the same dedicated server..

Comments

• Without knowing anything at all about it, I would suggest rescue mode to set up dual boot. But really no clue. :D

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

Rescue mode would be your best bet, the automated panel wont cater to dual boot.

To make it simpler; why not just run Proxmox/Virtualizor and divide it up into Virtual servers to run the two OS off?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • first time i see someone instaling dual os to a dedicated server.. any benefits or necessery use scenerios? just for fun?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

+1 to virtualise...

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@adil04 said:

Just install ESXi or Proxmox, order a second IP and have as many OS's as you want*

• Better using proxmox and use virtual machine rather than dual boot on server.
    But you can try install throught ILO access

• Install dual boot on a dedicated server? Imagine when you want to choose which OS when the server boot....

• I invite you to contact the Online.net support by ticket.

• @comXyz said:
    Install dual boot on a dedicated server? Imagine when you want to choose which OS when the server boot....

Not that bad if they have IPMI...

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2015

wych said: Not that bad if they have IPMI...

not available to all range of servers...

EDIT: Available to Dedibox Limited 3815, so, OP can do whatever he wants with the server, even partitioning and dual booting