Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bypass WiFi Paywall
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bypass WiFi Paywall

I'm currently travelling in Europe and can't access the free WiFi in Germany or Switzerland, as I DO NOT HAVE a cellphone number to send the free WiFi code to.

Here you connect to the SSID, you then need to enter a mobile number that they can SMS the login code to you, if you don't have a number you can't connect and as I don't have a number (no roaming on my mobile) I can't connect.

As a result I was thinking about using a DNS tunnel to get around this annoying restriction.

I assume I could do:

• Iodine for a DNS tunnel
  • Softether VPN via DNS or ICMP

Any other idea's?

Thanks,

Comments

• Buy a prepaid SIM card?

• @rds100 said:
    Buy a prepaid SIM card?

Currently between multiple countries, 3 so far in the last 4 days. I'll grab one when I settle but it's damn annoying not being able to use WiFi as a result.

• Just use one SIM with international access, so as you move around you can still receive the codes.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • go to a bar...and make the bar tender your friend ,...ask his cellphone...for one minute...and simply get the number...:-)

• DNS tunnel is slow but it works almost everywhere, make sure to set at least 2 tunnels up as Iodine can crash with long uptime.

Three in the UK do a 3G plan that covers most of Europe, see http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You can't go wrong with Three

• MarkTurner said: Just use one SIM with international access, so as you move around you can still receive the codes.

In Italy and Switzerland the codes require a local phone number for registration reasons.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

TropiThomas said: You can't go wrong with Three

Unless you have to talk to anyone and your expectations are an once of common sense, in which case your fucked.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmith said: Unless you have to talk to anyone and your expectations are an once of common sense, in which case your fucked.

Amen to that. The carnage that ensued when my wife tried to buy a 250MB data add on resulted in all her money being refunded and additional data being given for free.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Softether will not work on DNS tunneling, I have tried. (Or I didn't tried with their DNS service). Use iodine or their clones on the Play Store, Slow DNS VPN or something like that. If you have root, try VPN over DNS + ProxyDroid

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Unless you have to talk to anyone and your expectations are an once of common sense, in which case your fucked.

Seriously? Never had an issue with 3. Just ordered the 250MB addon a day or 2 ago. Should be all fine better than EE support wise and best on the price front personally.

• TropiThomas said: Seriously? Never had an issue with 3. Just ordered the 250MB addon a day or 2 ago. Should be all fine better than EE support wise and best on the price front personally.

Same here. But I usually use unlimited data. Much better for long term use.