Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor Configuration for Intel Xeon E3 1230v3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor Configuration for Intel Xeon E3 1230v3

Hello
I just got a Intel Xeon E3 1230v3 from Online.net.
I created a VPS via Virtualizor and I wanna use its full power.

Can you please tell me if these settings are correct (E3 1230 has 8 cores):

CPU Units: 8000
CPU Cores: 8
CPU %: 0
I/O Priority: 7

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

First specify which virtualization.

• I think the units are just an arbitrary number for when multiple VPS's share the CPU. 8 cores so should be good :D I/O is hard drive

• KVM, please.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited September 2015

CPU units: Any but you could go with 1000, CPU %: 800 and I don't see anything such as I/O priority for KVM in virtualizor on my server currently but I think 0 should be the highest.

@virtualizor can you confirm what I said regarding I/O priority?

• @4n0nx said:
    I think the units are just an arbitrary number for when multiple VPS's share the CPU. 8 cores so should be good :D I/O is hard drive

Not really, if he puts 100% and allocates 8 cores then his vps can use 100/8 = 12.5 % of each core. And I/O is not hard drive but priority given to that particular VPS in I/O related tasks.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Shoaib_A said:

IO 0 = unlimited
    CPU units 0 = unlimited

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited September 2015

@BharatB said:
    CPU units 0 = unlimited

From Virtualizor Wiki: http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Creating_A_VPS

This is just a weight assigned to the VPS. Lets say there are two VPS with different weights. e.g. VPS 101 with 1000 and VPS 102 with 2000. Now when the physical CPU is being utilized to the fullest, the priority of CPU resources to be assigned to each VM is decided by the CPU Units. Hence of all the CPU Time / Resources available, VPS 101 will get 1/3rd = 1000 / (1000 + 2000) and VPS 102 will get 2/3rd = 1000 / (1000 + 2000) of the CPU resources.

Apparently OP wants to run 1 vps only so it shouldn't matter what he puts in that field that is why

@Shoaib_A said:
    CPU units: Any but you could go with 1000

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • To give you an idea the SolusVM default CPU percentage is 400% with 1000 units...