Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox.co 10 hour review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox.co 10 hour review

sktanmoysktanmoy Member
edited September 2015 in Reviews

I yesterday ordered a box from VMBox.co. Server was fine. Network speed was good, I/O was fast. So I wanted to buy a cPanel license, created a ticket, and went to bed. They generated an invoice in 5AM (my time). After wake up I noticed my service was suspended at 6AM for overdue payment.

I was seriously thinking to move all of my services to them but fortunately I got some good point to avoid them before moving all of the service.

Comments

• Im confused to they terminated your box because you didn't pay the invoice for cPanel? It could of possible been a cron job error or a bit more to the story than your telling us.

• I opened a ticket. Really frustrating!

• @sktanmoy said:
    I opened a ticket. Really frustrating!

What did the support say?

• Still waiting for reply.

• 10 hour review :)

• Interested to know the outcome of the situation ..........hopefully its just some sort of mistake.

• Where's the review?

• @Damian said:
    Where's the review?

I pointed server and support both. Read one more time.

• I have been with them for almost a year now and have had great service. Would highly recommend.

• @blazerunner44 said:
    I have been with them for almost a year now and have had great service. Would highly recommend.

I also mentioned their service is better. I mean server performance.

• @IgniteServers said:
    Im confused to they terminated your box because you didn't pay the invoice for cPanel?

He said suspended not TERMINATED

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited September 2015

Maybe some mistake.. I have a vps with them since last 6 months and didn't face any issue till now..

• @praveen said:
    Maybe some mistake.. I have a vps with them since last 6 months and didn't face any issue till now..

he has support problem, not the vps itself

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited September 2015

@namhuy.. i mean some mistake made the suspension :)

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • @sktanmoy said:
    Their reply
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/26ycytygckf0erb/Screenshot 2015-09-29 13.54.59.png?dl=0

There was a problem completing this request.

• You were going to move all your services to them after being with them for a few hours?

• As a good rule of thumb never trust a company with a .co domain.

• gsrdgrdghd said: As a good rule of thumb never trust a company with a .co domain.

Unless they're actually a Columbian company?

Thanked by 2vimalware howardsl2
  • @VMBox

Sounds like a mistake though. They're usually very accomodating.

Thanked by 2vimalware StevenN
  • I told many times that their server performance was amazing. So decided to move to them. However I've requested them to refund.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

It looks like you requested cPanel after ordering and when the payment wasn't made, the cron automatically suspended your vm for overdue addon.

I agree this isn't right and apologise for your negative experience. A simple ticket asking us to fix this would have more appropriate though don't you agree?

If you wish to try us again, we'll offer you a free month of VM and cPanel, and we'll be changing our practices regarding suspension times for overdue payments.

Thanked by 2badpatrick risharde
  • Now that's service :)

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    As a good rule of thumb never trust a company with a .co domain.

What makes us less trustworthy? We've been around for years and never scammed anyone? GVH and the likes had a .com, does that make them more trustworthy?

• @VMbox said:
    What makes us less trustworthy? We've been around for years and never scammed anyone? GVH and the likes had a .com, does that make them more trustworthy?

+1 to VMBox

• well, no one's perfect, we do make mistakes.............more importantly, they get resolved

• @century1stop said:
    well, no one's perfect, we do make mistakes.............more importantly, they get resolved

I've 6 boxes with VPSDime since 2013. I never had to face such situation.
    As @VMbox is around a year in market, some other should face same issue like me.

Some suggestion from me:
    They should extend time to suspend for overdue payment.
    They should accept PayPal. Providers who don't accept PayPal are less trustworthy.
    They shouldn't say this* in ticket page.
    *Please confirm you've read all emails regarding services with us and located the control panel information and how to apply for SSLs correctly? If not this ticket will be chargeable at $25.

Yesterday I missed system email. But from emails tab of WHMCS I noticed that system sent me an email.

And yes, they solved the issue arisen. Good luck @VMbox.

BTW, your compensation offer is pretty good. Are you serious ;)

@sktanmoy said:

VMBox actually started over 3 years ago, we also do accept PayPal, through 2Checkout.

We are serious about the offer of compensation, we don't want to see unhappy customers and i have already changed suspension times to 3 days because of this. If you wish to accept our offer please let me know via ticket or PM and i'll get you sorted out.

Again i apologise for the confusion and inconvenience.

Thanked by 3XiNiX lay295 risharde
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@VMbox said:
    Again i apologise for the confusion and inconvenience.

This was more of a technical issue ( settings in the Billing Panel ) , the OP must go with the VMBox Offer, n im sure he'll have the great experiance others had.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • I've accepted @VMbox offer and hope everything will go fine...

Thanked by 2StevenN badpatrick
This discussion has been closed.