Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for IPv4 PI in RIPE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for IPv4 PI in RIPE

I'm looking to buy one /24 IPv4 Provider Independent address block in RIPE region.
If anyone has a block to sell please make your offers.

Thanks

Comments

• Is there a similar process of justification to RIPE when you buy a "second hand" RIPE PI /24 like when you buy from RIPE?

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

You cannot buy a /24 from RIPE.

• Right thanks, for such a small amount you'd have to get a PA.

So if you buy a /24 from somebody else do you have to justify it to RIPE? (prove good use of a /24 PA for example)?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2015

If you don't have a legitimate need for it. i.e. can't justify it, why and how would you justify paying a lot of money for it?

• scyscy Member
    edited September 2015

I don't want one, I'm just curious on how that stuff works :)

For my use I'd start with ipv6 only to learn. But I don't know how strict it is to move a PI to another owner. Getting a /24 PA is pretty easy while being a nobody, but I have no clue about a PI. From RIPE it seems complicated though if you aren't already a provider; but to start a new business PI IPs seems better to me as you can move your machines without the need for your customers to change IP on their VM...

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

PI transfer is not so complicated, as far as I know. Maybe you have to send them a contract that you have overtaken all services running on this network, not more.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

You can't "buy" the resources. They will never be yours, you will never "own" them, unless you buy pre-RIR resources, which is close to impossible.

• @Clouvider said:
    You can't "buy" the resources. They will never be yours, you will never "own" them, unless you buy pre-RIR resources, which is close to impossible.

OK. So change "buy" to "transfer for a fee".

pr0be said: OK. So change "buy" to "transfer for a fee".

and they still can be revoked by a RIR, for example if 'the original criteria of assignment are no longer fulfilled' . Not a normal practice today but you never know what will happen tomorrow, hence I'm pointing it out strongly.

• Clouvider said: and they still can be revoked by a RIR, for example if 'the original criteria of assignment are no longer fulfilled' . Not a normal practice today but you never know what will happen tomorrow, hence I'm pointing it out strongly.

A single /24 is ALWAYS justified as multihoming if you have an ASN.

Thanked by 2aglodek Clouvider
  • orfiorfi Member
    edited April 2016

got /23 PI available 9 euro /IP

And you really had to necro spam it @orfi ?

Thanked by 1orfi