Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN on CyanogenMod disconnects on screen lock?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN on CyanogenMod disconnects on screen lock?

Hey guys,

Need some help here. I'm running CyanogenMod 12.1 on my OPO and everytime my screen locks, OpenVPN disconnects. It reconnects on its own when I unlock it but this is really messing with notifications, etc. I don't get any of my new emails unless I reboot the phone.

Anyone else have this issue? Does anyone around here know how to fix this?

Comments

• Which client are you using? If I recall correctly there's the OpenVPN for Android and I believe there's an option to keep it connected even when the screen locks.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Which client are you using? If I recall correctly there's the OpenVPN for Android and I believe there's an option to keep it connected even when the screen locks.

This is called a "Wake Lock". :)

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Which client are you using? If I recall correctly there's the OpenVPN for Android and I believe there's an option to keep it connected even when the screen locks.

Yeah I'm using OpenVPN for Android. "Pause VPN connection when screen is off" is unchecked but I'm still having issues.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited September 2015

Do you have any software that will kill the apps when they are in background and/or when screen is off?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Do you have any software that will kill the apps when they are in background and/or when screen is off?

Nope.