Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Sponsoring LIR
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Sponsoring LIR

patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
edited September 2015 in General

Hi there

I recently became RIPE NCC member. So if anyone needs Sponsoring LIR for PI Space (IPv4 if you bring your own, or IPv6), ASNs etc, I'm happy supporting you in getting the resources. If someone is interested, just PM me and we can discuss possobilities.

I can only help getting the resources from RIPE. You need an ISP which offers BGP / Announcement of this resources.

Regards
Patrick

RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

Comments

  • @patrick7, can you issue me a block of /48 IPv6 addresses?

    Hehe :)

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    Please PM me with details (PI/PA?). Thanks

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • Before we do that, are you charging any additional fees for this? @patrick7

  • Well, BGP. Damn.

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    Yes, as RIPE charges me too. If you need just a free /48 to announce, I think @william can help you.

    If you need a /48 PI (which you can move to any LIR and which "is yours") please contact me.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • patrick7 said: If you need a /48 PI (which you can move to any LIR and which "is yours") please contact me.

    Out of interest, how much would this cost (one-time/yearly)?

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

    Sounds more like an advertisement/offer...

    Why do you charge for IPv6? I mean yes, for PI it is obvious but as LIR you should have a /29 PA block....

    PS: i offer the same kind of services as well :>

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited September 2015

    @william No I don't think it's an offer. I just offered my help.

    At the moment I don't provide space out of my block (that's the reason why I mentioned you). However, if someone gets an ASN through me, I will provide one of course.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Provider
    edited September 2015

    @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Out of interest, how much would this cost (one-time/yearly)?

    I do it for $100 per year. You can see all RIPE services I provide on my website.

  • @rauppe31 said:
    I do it for $100 per year. You can see all RIPE services I provide on my website.

    "Feel free to announce this network at any location via BGP" any location for RIPE?

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited September 2015

    I think @rauppe31 should change that to "feel free to announce anywhere within RIPE region"

    Thanked by 1linuxthefish

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Provider

    @linuxthefish said:
    "Feel free to announce this network at any location via BGP" any location for RIPE?

    The subnets technically can be announced anywhere. But they should be used in the RIPE region.

  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member, Provider

    As per my signature I offer free /48 IPv6 subnets to be announced in the RIPE region for those of you that are interested, just PM me.

    I've also got ASNs and IPv6 PI available. No IPv4 available at the moment.

    Thanked by 1xxsl
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

    @William said:
    Sounds more like an advertisement/offer...

    Why do you charge for IPv6? I mean yes, for PI it is obvious but as LIR you should have a /29 PA block....

    PS: i offer the same kind of services as well :>

    Is it possible that you announce a /48 block of IPv6 addresses for free? It'd be nice if you could :)

  • @patrick7 said:
    Hi there

    I recently became RIPE NCC member. So if anyone needs Sponsoring LIR for PI Space (IPv4 if you bring your own, or IPv6), ASNs etc, I'm happy supporting you in getting the resources. If someone is interested, just PM me and we can discuss possobilities.

    I can only help getting the resources from RIPE. You need an ISP which offers BGP / Announcement of this resources.

    Regards
    Patrick

    By the way, do you have an ASN number publicly available?

  • How much is an ASN?

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • Can a individual also get a IPv6 PI and can the blocks be announce outside ripe?

    Typical guy alexneo.net

    Peering AS135103

  • Generally, blocks can be announced out side of the RIPE region. However, it should only be used in the RIPE region.

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • ASN, please :)

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2015

    Please do not send me unsolicited spam or offers, I'm not interested. Thanks! :)

    OP is perfectly allowed to PM me, however ;-)

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited September 2015

    If anyone is interested in peering, PM me and I'll peer with you for free. (currently IPv6 only network)

    Also, thank you OP for kind offer to the community.

  • @GIANT_CRAB said:
    If anyone is interested in peering, PM me and I'll peer with you for free. (currently IPv6 only network)

    Also, thank you OP for kind offer to the community.

    I'd love to peer, if OP is kind enough to sponsor an ASN! :)

    This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

    https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

  • FlamesRunner said: How much is an ASN?

    @rmlhhd signature says: ASN for €80/one-time (No yearly fee)

  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

    [redacted]

  • @scy @rmlhhdrmlhhd Could you do $40-60 USD?

  • $7

    Thanked by 1jh

    Nothing for the moment

  • @scy, I already saw that but didn't reply. Thanks though.

    wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

    curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member, Provider

    @doghouch said:
    scy rmlhhdrmlhhd Could you do $40-60 USD?

    For what? PI?

  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited September 2015

    Excuse my ignorance, what is the benefit of having your own ASN and IPv6 PI (assuming one is not a non-trivial company, otherwise I get it)?

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    With an ASN you can choose your own upstream providers or peers or downstreams. PI Space can be moved it to any ISP that supports it. In case of an ISP move you don't have to renumber.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • @rmlhhd said:

    Never mind, I got a good deal from @patrick7 on the ASN :)

  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

    @0xdragon said:
    I'd love to peer, if OP is kind enough to sponsor an ASN! :)

    Let's peer with ColoCrossing :D

  • Anyone able to do this in ARIN?

  • or LACNIC

    Nothing for the moment

  • at no more than $7 for sure I won't pay a premium for such a service.

  • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

    TropiThomas said: Anyone able to do this in ARIN?

    Can do, but ARIN charges 550$ setup and 100$ yearly.

    dedicados said: or LACNIC

    Can also do, but LACNIC charges 1000$ setup for an ASN.

    Thanked by 1aglodek
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited September 2015

    waaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! thats why our country is screwed up.

    please nobody read this, is just my thought "pinches put...s"

    Nothing for the moment

  • I plan to get a IPv6 PI Net for my current employer but we are not a RIPE member, so we need a LIR as sponsor. Our current provider is technical IPv6 ready at the end of 2015. What steps are to do to get a IPv6 PI net?

    Hey there... nothing to see here

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    You need a request (RIPE Handles, Reason for PI, ..), end user agreement and company papers in order to get IPv6 PI.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • patrick7 said: You need a request (RIPE Handles, Reason for PI, ..), end user agreement and company papers in order to get IPv6 PI.

    Sounds good, can you help ;) ?

    Hey there... nothing to see here

  • patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

    Yes, please PM me.

    RIPE NCC member | IPv4 & IPv6 & ASN: https://www.ipv4.ch/ | 5x /24 available |

  • i need get ASN and free ipv6 space. who will help me ?

    and who want to join dn42 peering, pm me.

    welcome peering and transit

  • @liuxyon said:
    i need get ASN and free ipv6 space. who will help me ?

    and who want to join dn42 peering, pm me.

    You obviously read the rules.

  • liuxyon said: i need get ASN and free ipv6 space. who will help me ?

    This isn't the place to ask. Have a look through here!

    I'll close this out as any further responses would be better suited to the above thread.

    Thanked by 1jetchirag

    Need to reach me quickly? Ping me on Discord

This discussion has been closed.