Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I feel cheated by mooseVZ/Deepnet Solutions/Gestion DBI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I feel cheated by mooseVZ/Deepnet Solutions/Gestion DBI

last time I opened ticked asking if they allow torrenting.
And they say torrent is allowed only in Montreal server.
I ask further if they there are any difference between premium and mooseVZ. they say there no "Moose comes with no guaratee, delivered as is with no support and no SLA". thats fine for me.

And now I bought the 1gb package, they doesn't allow torrenting by filtering every torrent related network.
When I asked at support, they replied "Only Premium VPS in Montreal can use torrenting". They even have linked AuP and ToS for both plan. What a liar.

And they refuse to refund.
I understand no refund part, but I'm being cheated here.

@gestiondbi this is how you run business? I never had any VPS provider trying so hard hiding/obfuscate information like this before.

Comments

• they don't cheat... and they would refund if misinformed you in tickets. i guess they will comment in this thread soon.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • What's the time difference between the 2 tickets?

If you ask them half a year ago, and between there and today, 200 Idiots abuse it like hell, sure they disallow it.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi inklight
  • Post tickets as proofs?

• miaumiau Member
    edited September 2015

@ehab said:
    they don't cheat... and they would refund if misinformed you in tickets. i guess they will comment in this thread soon.

I asked already, they refuse to refund my money.
    But they offer 'refund' for me to get different package. Which has nothing to do with me being cheated.

• David has been most helpful to me on most occasions.

In their offers on here it is clearly marked out on what you can us torrents on and what you can't.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • No proof?

• No proof?

• miaumiau Member
    edited September 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Post tickets as proofs?

Inquiry:
    http://i.imgur.com/74QosD4.png

latest:
    I can't show you anymore. the support has just now banned me for.. support abuse? what an actual f****?
    http://i.imgur.com/Gy383p8.png

• @miau said:

He never replied to torrents being allowed on MooseVZ. You have assumed. Life does not work by this.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @TropiThomas said:
    He never replied to torrents being allowed on MooseVZ. You have assumed. Life does not work by this.

He said Torrents are disabled on all locations in the last reply provided in the screenshot.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

Our Abuse Team have decided to terminated your service since you seem not to understand they offer you an alternative on the situation. They where ready to honour the previous ticket by providing a Premium VPS on another node, but you don't agree. Don't forget MooseVZ is sold without support of anykind due to their nature and very low cost.

Since this discussion was running nowere, I authorize the full refund of the MooseVZ to the Abuse advisor, and then he proceed with it.

I think the reply from the abuse team was pretty clear. We do NOT allow Torrenting on our nodes. Yes, in the past, this was allowed and it's still for actual customer that purchase prior the decision to block torrenting in all our firewall.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have cause.

Regards, David.

Thanked by 3MikePT ehab wolfman
  • miaumiau Member
    edited September 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Hi,

Our Abuse Team have decided to terminated your service since you seem not to understand they offer you an alternative on the situation. They where ready to honour the previous ticket by providing a Premium VPS on another node, but you don't agree. Don't forget MooseVZ is sold without support of anykind due to their nature and very low cost.

Since this discussion was running nowere, I authorize the full refund of the MooseVZ to the Abuse advisor, and then he proceed with it.

I think the reply from the abuse team was pretty clear. We do NOT allow Torrenting on our nodes. Yes, in the past, this was allowed and it's still for actual customer that purchase prior the decision to block torrenting in all our firewall.

Regards, David.

Hi thank you for your understanding.
    I've got the refund now.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Hi,

Regards, David.

Never had a single problem with your services. You do an excellent job. Unfortunately, clients like these appear everytime. I'm glad the issue had been solved.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Hidden_Refuge said: He said Torrents are disabled on all locations in the last reply provided in the screenshot.

No, he said torrents disabled in "all other locations", meaning locations other than Montreal.

OP specifically asked them if torrent is allowed in Montreal on MooseVZ (18/08/2015 19:53). The support representative failed to address that specifically, but nevertheless implied that it was allowed.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

TropiThomas said: He never replied to torrents being allowed on MooseVZ. You have assumed. Life does not work by this.

So you're saying that the support representative intentionally deceived OP by dodging his question? And when he said "for torrent, it's must respect our policies and be legal", that doesn't imply they allow torrenting in some cases? And what about the comment at http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1227466/#Comment_1227466 ?

I assume this was just miscommunication on part of the support representative, but your attacks on OP are unfounded and ridiculous. The provider has resolved the problem by refunding as they weren't able to live up to the statements about torrenting in the support ticket, but this was not caused by an assumption or error on part of OP (at least based on the evidence posted earlier, obviously some tickets like where provider tried to offer premium VPS on another node are absent and could indicate something else; I'm not saying OP was necessarily 100% reasonable, just saying that your post is completely illogical).

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    He said Torrents are disabled on all locations in the last reply provided in the screenshot.

All other. All other than MTL.

• @TropiThomas said:
    All other. All other than MTL.

Yes, I see now. I missed the "other" on that small screen. But still, read davidgestiondbi reply to this. "I think the reply from the abuse team was pretty clear. We do NOT allow Torrenting on our nodes. Yes, in the past, this was allowed and it's still for actual customer that purchase prior the decision to block torrenting in all our firewall."

OP is not an old client I guess. So ehm whatever... I stay with davidgestiondbi reply to this as quoted above.

• Seeing the ticket, I think it was also a mistake on MooseVZ's part. "Torrents are disabled in all other locations." And "support abuse" -- really?