Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN vs multiple nameservers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN vs multiple nameservers

Hello guys.

Just wanted to know the difference between CDN with 10 locations and 10 DNS (cpanel dns only) from different locations.

Need to speedup my websites.

Anyway, if someone have a tutorial how to create self hosted CDN will be great. Thank you!

Comments

• 0_o what ?
    DNS is for resolving your domain
    faster and CDN is delivering your files e.g HTML images videos way faste

• @WHT you are comparing apples with tomatos. lmao :P

10 DNS servers increase DNS redundancy; If some of the 10 DNS servers go down all your domains will still be resolving as you have the other backup DNS servers running. 5 go down and you still have 5 up and running.

CDN stands for "Content Delivery Network" and is a technology to deliver static content from different servers (mostly the nearest available to the visitor) to increase speed of webpages. Your site is hosted in the United States with let's say CloudFlare CDN. I access your site from Germany. I will get the static content like images, css, js and etc.. served by CloudFlare's Frankfurt data centers which is a lot closer to me than loading the content from your United States server.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    WHT you are comparing apples with tomatos. lmao :P

They are both red :p

Thanked by 2miTgiB angrysnarl
  • According to RFC2182 section 5 you must have at least 3 nameservers, and no more than 7.

• @TheOnlyDK Hah! Good one. Not what I meant though :P .

@coolice said:
    According to RFC2182 section 5 you must have at least 3 nameservers, and no more than 7.

2 nameservers are ok though. Not much redundancy though.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    TheOnlyDK Hah! Good one. Not what I meant though :P .

I know that's not what you mean XD

• @TheOnlyDK said:

You mean "both yellow".

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK