Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should we accept AliPay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should we accept AliPay?

armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Again, we value the inputs of this great community to be able to provide better and easier services for our customers.

Our question today is: Anybody here using AliPay? Should we accept it as a payment methods? Any obstacles?

AliPay
  1. Should we accept AliPay?55 votes
    1. Yes
      56.36%
    2. No
      43.64%

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

I personally only accept PayPal and Bank Transfer(s), maybe I am old school?

Have any of your client base requested it?

• armindsarminds Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

@wych said:

I personally only accept PayPal and Bank Transfer(s), maybe I am old school?

Have any of your client base requested it?

I have many clients in China. But most of them use PayPal. I need to know if AliPay is a must or can be ignored.

• Do you accept carrots? I can farm electronic vegetables if you accept them as a form of payment. Facebook farming or what kind of game is out there, just need to put the work in it.

• use paymentwall buddy . alipay is included in that .

alipay is good for China users and mostly Asian ones. alipay accepts webmoney, qiwi and cards too so it will cover both China and Russia .

Thanked by 3arminds Dormeo tux
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@RockBeltHOST said:
    use paymentwall buddy . alipay is included in that .

alipay is good for China users and mostly Asian ones. alipay accepts webmoney, qiwi and cards too so it will cover both China and Russia .

What are their Fees ? I heard its too high.

• @XiNiX said:
    What are their Fees ? I heard its too high.

Less than PayPal. That's all i will say :P

and no not that high lol

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Which payments are you accepting via PW ?

• @XiNiX said:

@XiNiX said:

You can accept whatever they support about 300+ almost (really)
    But for PayPal, Skrill i do with the modules that are already present.
    I get paid in my bank account.

Now, we accept AliPay :) Thanks to you all

• arminds said: Now, we accept AliPay :) Thanks to you all

How do you accept it? Through PaymentWall?

@Traffic said:

No, through Stripe

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • I come from China, if you support pay treasure, get a huge users in Asia

Thanked by 1arminds
  • www.bandwagonhost.com
    Is a case in point, plus commission promotion, will give you great harvest. Our side of the measurement of the host web site will give visitors to promote your products!

• alipay is a good one

For China we will only accept AliPay. It is so popular :)

• No, abuse...

• Alipay is one of the largest payment gateways globally, because of their client's base in China. It is the largest third-party (non-bank) payment gateway in china. Alipay is considered to be much bigger than skrill. So, yes, it is safe to use Alipay.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • The size of Alipay when compared internationally is greatly misleading. Outside of China and a handful of countries with large Chinese communities (notably not for example US), Alipay is virtually unheard of. Its size comes from massive market share in China, which is a high number but means almost nothing internationally.

Skrill has a much broader reach across the world.

Unless targeting China, most merchants see a lot more usage of Skrill than Alipay - despite Alipay being so big.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • PaymentWall fees are too high for the web hosting industry IIRC

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Alipay is not a must but will be much more help if you have many Chinese clients. Also, the company behind Alipay is much more bigger than Paypal. So, why not?

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Alipay is much better compare to paypal. At least, they protect on virtual services while paypal is not.

• @Nixtren said:
    PaymentWall fees are too high for the web hosting industry IIRC

Use Stripe.

Also PWG's WHMCS plugin - I tried 20 times and failed.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • This thread is a year old, necrobumped by a spammer. i am sure the op made their decision long ago

• Why not? At least they are a realiable company and even much bigger than Paypal in the industry. Though they're a Chinese company.