Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMARC - anyone…?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMARC - anyone…?

Anyone using DMARC (https://dmarc.org)? Is this recommended on top of SPF and DKIM?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    Thanked by 1aglodek
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

No DMARC, DKIM (if requested) + SPF over here.

• Only using SPF and DKIM because of gmail and hotmail... and hotmail banned me nonetheless because I switched IP too often. I mean wtf -_-

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited September 2015

@aglodek said:
    Anyone using DMARC (https://dmarc.org)? Is this recommended on top of SPF and DKIM?

I'm started testing with it with MAILCOW an moth ago Now my mails are landing in the INBOX rather than Spam folder in Gmail but hotmail doen't care it still puts my mail in spam but DMARC helps

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

4n0nx said: I switched IP too often

What do you mean, did you try running a mail server from a home broadband connection?
    Those may get "special treatment" and no amount of DKIM or SPF will save you.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited September 2015

@wych said: …DKIM (if requested)…

Wut? ("if requested" ??)

• rm_ said: What do you mean, did you try running a mail server from a home broadband connection?

Those may get "special treatment" and no amount of DKIM or SPF will save you.

No I ran for some months, switched to a different provider, ran for some months, no problem all my mails were accepted (hundreds or thousands). Then I switched IP with the same provider, sent some mails.. and then when I tried again I was banned.

Makes absolutely no sense. I should have great rep and dkim+spf clearly prove it's actually me sending the emails..

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2015

@aglodek said:

Not all my clients want DKIM enabled for their accounts, so by default it doesn't get enabled, some run their own mailservers, some don't care and others don't want it enabled right away.

@simonindia Have you registered for their sender protection platform with MS and authorized the IP's, that helped one of our clients that was having issues on a VM.

Thanked by 2aglodek simonindia
  • @4n0nx said:

Have you checked the new IP against blocklists (current and past)? May be the previous user of this IP had a bad rep?

• aglodek said: Have you checked the new IP against blocklists (current and past)? May be the previous user of this IP had a bad rep?

Yeh I used blocklist.info and the IP was on none of the lists at any point.

• @wych said:
    simonindia Have you registered for their sender protection platform with MS and authorized the IP's, that helped one of our clients that was having issues on a VM.

i will try to register now thanks for the tip

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited September 2015

I've implemented it on my personal email, however I get a bunch of errors from sites like Lastpast where their DMARC mailbox is full, Google's address wasn't even routable, and LinkedIn is blocking me for spam.

I personally don't find much use.

Thanked by 1aglodek