Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Panels - SolusVM and WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control Panels - SolusVM and WHMCS

michaelsmichaels Member
edited November 2011 in General

Hi All,
I working my way through the forums and builds and things. I have a question for you VPS providers out there, do you host your solusvm and WHMCS on your VPS server? Either as a VPS or on the host? Do you host the two on the same server? Don't worry I am not trying to complete I am just curious! :-) I am of course making an assumption that most of you use SolusVM and WHMCS....

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• No never. If that node went down then so does your entire billing system and master SolusVM panel.

• So do you host it on it's own dedicated server with redundancy?

• We personally host our master on a VPS from another reputable provider. And our website/WHMCS is hosted on a reseller account with a reputable shared/reseller provider.

Thanked by 1michaels
  • So totally away from your own infrastructure, that is another level that I hadn't even thought about! Thanks!

• Yep completely off of our own infrastructure, there all in different countrys/datacenters as well.

• Presumably having a remote infrastructure doesn't effect the provisioning of VPSes? Do you then have your VPS "hosts" as SolusVM slaves?

• Nope it has no effect what-so-ever. The WHMCs module just uses the SolusVM API at the master. Yep thats the general idea :P

• jhjh Member

Agree completely with VMPort, and yes Michaels that's how you do it.

• I do host my own stuff, but on separate VPS Nodes, in separate cities. SolusVM master is a KVM VPS in SC and WHMCS is a OpenVZ VPS in LA, both are nodes I resell to customers. I have faith I do not overload my nodes and prove it by hosting my own stuff along with customers.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • @miTgiB

I understand completely where your coming from and we used to do the same however you know yourself what people's reactions are when for instance the SolusVM Panel goes down along with a node, or the client area.

People are going to start screaming dead-pool straight away even though in reality it would just be the one server down.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited November 2011

@VMPort said: People are going to start screaming dead-pool straight away

I doubt I go dead-pool without an obituary in the local paper

• @miTgiB said: I doubt I go dead-pool with an obituary in the local paper

You totally missed his point there, but can you show me the local paper?

• Im not saying you would go to the dead pool :S I think maybe you missed my point :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We host our SolusVM Master on the same server as our website. Our SolusVM Master is on a KVM VPS while our website is on a OpenVZ VPS both hosted with Proxmox. Proxmox makes clustering easy so we're working on getting an additional Proxmox server in a different data center for planned maintenance (using DNSMadeEasy's failover option). In the event of unplanned hardware failure we have an identical server sitting next to our Proxmox server so we can have the drives moved over in seconds (gotta love hot-swap).

• @VMPort said: I think maybe you missed my point

I didn't miss your point, I just don't happen to share your view of what-if's. If a node goes down, or a dedi goes down, both have about the same odds. I don't see having my SolusVM master in a VPS forever as with growth comes load, and I can cost justify a dedicated server then.

• Ditto of what @miTgiB says. Our support forums are in one city, our ticket system are in another and our backups are soon to be on another continent. :)