Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with lots of RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with lots of RAM

DeanDean Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hi guys - which unmanaged vps providers offer a minimum of 6gb of ram and are reasonably priced? Also, uptime needs to be pretty good.

Comments

• I find most don't. Just ask for a custom plan of the provider you're interested in. Most offer up to 4GB by default.

• Honestly, if you -need- 6GB of RAM you should look into getting a cheap dedicated server.

But i'll bite, what is your budget for a VPS with 6GB of RAM and what is it's intended use?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

OpenVZ? KVM? Xen?

• DeanDean Member
    edited December 2012

Well i've overstretched my budget with a reliablesites dedi with 16gb of ram. I've got a few client sites i'm hosting and one of thems an ipb forum which seems to drain memory like it's water.

• VPSNodeBox can do 8GB KVM... but I would mention what you need to use it for, you may have other solutions, or if your I/O needs are higher then maybe a small dedicated server might be more feasible.

Thanked by 1THEGREENMONSTER
  • @DeanClinton said: Well i've overstretched with a reliablesites dedi with 12gb of ram. I've got a few client sites i'm hosting and one of thems an ipb forum which seems to drain memory like it's water.

Sounds like a configuration/optimization problem.

• @DeanClinton

dedis:
    Datashack
    Kimsufi

VPS: (KVM)
    nodedeploy
    giga-international (stupid setup fee, no automation, low ram price)

• These would definitely be in your price range
    https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

• @DeanClinton I got them fairly cheapness what does budget look like?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited December 2012

I am around 30 bucks a month for 6 vcpu cores 6gb ram

• @DeanClinton - @kbeezie just set this to me. We can offer you an 8GB KVM VPS for $80/mo. - 8 Cores, 4 IPs. If you're interested open a ticket for a coupon. Our KVM VPS servers run on Xeon E5 Servers. Of course, there are other great providers here as well.

• Ack why did I not find datashack before reliablesites... hang on, didn't I read bad reviews for DataShack somewhere?

@24khost - feel free to PM me an offer as I haven't got a budget marked out in pen. All I know is that I shouldn't have over-stretched as far as I had for the dedi I have.

• DataShack seems to be fine once you're actually with them. Pre-sales pretty much doesn't exist with them.

• @24khost @marcm - what location?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2012

giga-international.com 6GB ram KVM for 19.99 euros

colorhost.de 8GB ram for 19.99 euros/ 12GB ram for 24.99 euros, openvz (Xen is 35.99 for 8GB)

both are in Germany and have been around forever. Giga owns their own data center in Munich

• @DeanClinton - Phoenix, AZ at PNAP

• @DeanClinton all 3 my locations LV SB NJ

• We could do a 6gb OpenVZ container with 6 CPU cores, 200gb disk space, 1500gb transfer per month for $40, in Buffalo, NY. Let me know if you're interested.

• There is also VolumeDrive. 8GB dedicated for $40/month with after a $40 setup fee. Not the fastest server out there since it has a Celeron processor, but it is dedicated, and it works.

• DeanDean Member
    edited December 2012

Ok, thanks guys for the offers. It's midnight here so i'm gonna get some shut-eye then check the offers out in the morning. I also need to check out the bandwidth requirements for the etomite forums as we get a lot of visitors.. thats one of the sites so you know i'm not a spammer etc

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited December 2012

@DeanClinton said: I've got a few client sites i'm hosting and one of thems an ipb forum which seems to drain memory like it's water.

You should look into optimizing mySQL and/or Apache2. I'm running 2 IPB forums, 1 xenforo, couple of mediawiki and a handful of wordpress sites and only use, no more than, 2GBs of RAM.

• @mojeda - @DeanClinton could also switch to Nginx / php-fpm. If he is running CentOS 6 then he can get up-to-date packages from our repo. Also, it's worth looking at the my.cnf file in our MySQL build.

You're right, optimizing goes a long way :D

• Screw Datashack.

Go Dacentec for about the same price, control your own RDNS/reboot, and at the end of the year get your dedicated server shipped somewhere else, to you, or at the colocation fee

I got a 32gb RAM Operton idling at DataShack

• We can do up to 8GB KVMs

• I can do up to 144GB. You can get up to 32GB here: http://my.cloudive.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=2 For more, contact me.

50OFF is the coupon for 50% Off for life. Let me know if you are interested :)

• We can do up to 192GB RAM, but hmm not the best choice for a vps :) With SSD (20GB) and 6GB RAM only 39,99€, with normal HDDs (360GB) and 6GB RAM 89,99€. All offers aren´t leb prices..

• Thanks everyone - will be taking a look at all the offers shortly.

• Hi,

We can do a KVM with 50GB SAS HD 6GB Ram Unmetered inbound / 1Tb out 3 CPU cores for $35/mo located in LA.

Phil

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited December 2012

ChicagoVPS sells 2GB ram at an incredible price.

Check out their reviews here - http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=chicagovps reviews

• @GIANT_CRAB said: ChicagoVPS sells 2GB ram at an incredible price.

... needs roughly 6GB or more... and you recommend 2GB...