Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

servdiscount Network harddrive VMware
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

servdiscount Network harddrive VMware

pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
edited September 2015 in Help

Hi folks,

I've ordered this SD-X2150 server from servdiscount last night with 32GB SSD + 1TB network harddrive. My question is that how can i add this drive in VMware for datastorage.

Also don't know how to add this internal IP since i don't know the netmask for it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Check if you actually have the 1TB drive first, in my server I had to ticket to have the 2nd drive added.

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited September 2015

@linuxthefish

As you see on the screenshot it's a Network-harddrive. I've just hope that's not a simple Samba share. If it is that means i cannot use it as a datastore in VMware. :(

• @pbalazs123 said:
    linuxthefish

As you see on the screenshot it's a Network-harddrive. I've just hope that's not a simple Samba share. If it is that means i cannot use it as a datastore in VMware. :(

Didn't read the full topic sorry, but you should test the speed of this network drive before using in production - it will be shared with the gigabit port traffic also...

• @linuxthefish

Of course, but the problem is that i don't know how to mount it since it has a username+password.