Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Android VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Android VPS

Need android VPS (kvm) for testing ... no more $7/mo

Comments

• Can't help you with that but I do have 4 magic beans you might be interested in?

• @Lee said:
    Can't help you with that but I do have 4 magic beans you might be interested in?

Are they $7?

• Not these ones, but I can offer you slightly misshapen beans in your budget. No instructions, no support once you pay and they may or may not work as advertised.

• @Lee said:
    Not these ones, but I can offer you slightly misshapen beans in your budget. No instructions, no support once you pay and they may or may not work as advertised.

Do I get unlimited ips with them?

• IThinkUFailed said: Do I get unlimited ips with them?

Of course, however refer back to;

Lee said: they may or may not work as advertised.

• @Lee said:
    Of course, however refer back to; they may or may not work as advertised.

Sounds like a couple of places that sell everything for $7... I'll take them!

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Sounds like a couple of places that sell everything for $7... I'll take them!

Awesome, just login here and pay

• @Lee said:
    Awesome, just login here and pay

Oh wow! You didn't tell me the beans were in a premium Buffalo location!

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Buffalo isnt bad

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

Please PM required specs for a quote.

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited September 2015

@hawc said:
    Buffalo isnt bad

CC Buffalo is one of the worst ever, at least in my experience.

• bdexterbdexter Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks guys , I chose this link:

• @bdexter said:
    Thanks guys , I chose this link:

Thanks for advertising your new website...

5 day old domain...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@cocooha uhm no, that's not how it works...

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • It is not my domain :)
    It is the only one we found !
    There are others ?

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Pretty much any KVM based VPS can run http://www.android-x86.org/

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

I tried, it didn't work for me on win server 08 with virtualbox.

SpeedBus said: Pretty much any KVM based VPS can run http://www.android-x86.org/

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

GM2015 said: I tried, it didn't work for me on win server 08 with virtualbox.

Which one did you try? I'll try it here, I tried them about a ~year ago

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited September 2015

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-r3 and an earlier version(don't remember, but it was either 4.2x or 4.3x on windows 7. The kernel always went panicking/or continued to partioning in 1 out of 20 cases and froze.

Googling lead me to think that intel processors needs to enable some virtualisation stuff from bios for these isos to work.

The server 08 I tried with, it's on vultr. You can't get into bios when your server reboots in seconds and the vnc console isn't fast enough to catch the bios settings.

On my home laptop, there's no such option to enable "virtualisation from bios".

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19806452/android-x86-wont-install-on-virtualbox

google kw: can't install android x86 kernel panick

http://techcookies.net/how-to-run-android-4-3-on-your-pc-using-virtualbox/

Saitu 282
    August 15, 2013 at 11:48 am

I tried this installation on Windows 8 64 bit And after I follow all your directions, I reach the point where we need to select “Installation”. I select it, and then a black screen turns up with “Loading Kernel” on it…. Then, after it scrolls down with more writing, suddenly, everything grinds to a halt, and it says “Kernel Panic-Not Syncing: Attempting to kill the idle task!”
    And then, “Rebooting in 60 seconds”. Then, finally, it takes me back to the point where I need to select “Installation” I removed the virtual machine and started from the beginning again numerous times. But with the same result. what can I do to correct this? Could the ISO image file be corrupt? I downloaded it through the chrome browser and the download took about 1 hour to complete. I’ll try redownloading it.

Also, I keep getting a pop up telling me “The virtual machine is optimized to work in 32 bit colour mode, but the virtual display is currently set to 24 bit. Please open the display properties dialog of guest os, and select 32 bit” What do I do to counter this?

megasoft78
        August 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hi,
        I need a bit of time to try my procedure on Windows 8. It’s working perfectly on Ubuntu 12.04! :)
        I’ll let you know!
            megasoft78
            August 16, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I did a bit of investigation and to run Android 4.0+ you need to enable Intel VT-X or AMD-V in your bios configuration.
                Karl1983
                August 19, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Hello. This might be a silly question, is this setting required in the virtual machine or on the actual computer running virtualbox?
                    megasoft78
                    August 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm

It’s a setting required on the computer running VirtualBox.
                    It’s a bios setting that allow VirtualBox to do hardware emulation.
                    Check this link:
                    http://ark.intel.com/Products/VirtualizationTechnology

• Forgot to mention you. ding dong

@speedbus

SpeedBus said: Which one did you try? I'll try it here, I tried them about a ~year ago

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

bdexter said: It is not my domain :) It is the only one we found ! There are others ?

Don't lie.

Now if I visit:

And click in Dedicated Servers, it takes me to: https://www.resell-online.com/voxility-dedicated-server/

"HostingFuze Network Dedicated Servers are fully customizable, enterprise-class that are powered by the latest Intel Hardware. Each Dedicated Server includes our industry leading SLA, DDOS protection, 500Gbps network and 24/7 Support via Voxility DataCenter."

So it seems too much of a coincidence... Doesn't it? Both of you selling servers @ Voxility... You've also signed up in the 22th September.
    Here's another find. After you promoted your Dedicated Server reselling in your profile, you asked in a thread, same day, if Voxility protection was good:

I have reported your post.

• I was just trying it today.

Couldn't make any of the Android-x86 isos work on Proxmox. Ethernet didn't work...

If anyone knows a method or any other iso file for personal use, I'll be appreciated.

• Is affiliates link !!!

@MrGeneral said:

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bdexter said:
    Is affiliates link !!!

Shut up.

• @rm_ said:
    cocooha uhm no, that's not how it works...

lol does that actually work?

not that I'd try something like that, but I thought browsers might have a way to stop stuff like that.

This discussion has been closed.