Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing takes over ChicagoVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing takes over ChicagoVPS

My dear people, it has been confirmed: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1284743/#Comment_1284743

Whomever gets the e-mail first, please share it with everyone.

Thanked by 1DomainBop

Comments

• So is the customer database of cvps leaked "again" to third companies?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Tinfoil sales are going through the roof.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Guess you should have gone into the tinfoil business instead of hosting. I'd definitely buy BuyVM branded tinfoil :)

@telephone said:
    Guess you should have gone into the tinfoil business instead of hosting. I'd definitely buy BuyVM branded tinfoil :)

Ahaha

We already have enough demand for horse masks, lets not get anymore ideas.

Francisco

Thanked by 2HRxM2 netomx
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

I'm so impressed by people who actually has to create a new account to hide who they are when dropping news like this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @mikho said:
    I'm so impressed by people who actually has to create a new account to hide who they are when dropping news like this.

Got eem

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2015

I suspect it was just an easy/natural way to absorb the debt as they are friends anyway.

Thanked by 1ElixantTechnology
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Congrats on the acquisition! They've kind of been a flagship brand as far as CC+LEB goes, so maybe it'll get some much needed love.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mikho said: I'm so impressed by people who actually has to create a new account to hide who they are when dropping news like this.

Indeed, spineless little fuckers. It's the ones as well that claim to have "left" even recently but are posting under a new account too.

But that aside it's not really news is it? The close connection between CVPS/CC has always been apparent. Maybe they will hand it over to Ernie, at least he is competent.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Old news :P

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for the congrats guys. Email announcing the purchase will be sent out in the next 24 hours or so. We're busy updating things on the back end, etc.

A few of the guys from the ColoCrossing NOC are now working support at ChicagoVPS. Customer experience is really important to us. No longer will ChicagoVPS be the cheapest alternative.

• @jbiloh said:
    No longer will ChicagoVPS be the cheapest alternative.

Pricing going up?

• jbiloh said: No longer will ChicagoVPS be the cheapest alternative

Oh, that was loaded...

Thanked by 2netomx doughmanes
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

more like the atmosphere

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

All current packages and prepayments will be honored. Nothing changes for current customers.

We will likely do away with some of the oversubscribed, 2 and 3 year prepayments that are heavily discounted for new signups though.

• So, when did this purchase actually happen?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

@Rallias said:
    So, when did this purchase actually happen?

jbiloh said: We closed the deal a few days ago and an announcement about the purchase is forthcoming this week.

• @Lee said:

jbiloh said: We closed the deal a few days ago and an announcement about the purchase is forthcoming this week.

Cool.

So when did it ACTUALLY happen?

I suspect that there's a difference between the stated details and the truth. See for example the BlueVM purchase, how poor quality service was blamed for failure, and all the relevant attached nonsense. The parallels are too distinct.

Thanked by 2J1021 k0nsl
  • Is Chris getting the tin-tack?

• Rallias said: I suspect that there's a difference between the stated details and the truth.

Possibly, however the fact is that the connection has never been in doubt, CC will have had more control than has been publicly stated. All this does is really make legal what we already really knew.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited September 2015

@jbiloh said:
    No longer will ChicagoVPS be the cheapest alternative.

@deadbeef said:
    Pricing going up?

It'd be silly to expect CC to carry the current pricing that's going on while trying to improve quality (load outs, stability, performance, etc) for everyone. Chris got baited to lower his prices more than once on LEB and he let those offers stay. His costs stayed the same while his revenue went from $7/month to ~$1.50/month on the 2GB's.

If he held his ground at the $7/month price he would be a much smaller brand, but his costs would be way down and I bet his revenue would be much stronger.

Who's next I guess? Could probably run down the list of large providers in their facility and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised if WLS was absorbed soon.

Francisco

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: I wouldn't be surprised if WLS was absorbed soon.

I would not be surprised if it was already owned by CVPS already and as such 'absorbed'

• Francisco said: If he held his ground at the $7/month price he would be a much smaller brand, but his costs would be way down and I bet his revenue would be much stronger.

But that's backwards thinking in today's economy. Customers are more valuable than their revenue stream, because a larger player may be interested in buying them from you to advertise their own product to them.

@singsing said:
    But that's backwards thinking in today's economy. Customers are more valuable than their revenue stream, because a larger player may be interested in buying them from you to advertise their own product to them.

Neither CVPS or CC are venture capital brands though, so how are they going to float their free service just for a customer on the books ideal? CVPS' main selling point was being affordable/gum-under-table cheap. They weren't cloud, they didn't have anything inhouse built for their customers, they were just a standard solusvm + e3's + some SSD caching setup.

All of the VC brands out there right now are in for the big payoff of being bought out, not to try to be run by the same guys in 3 - 5 years.

Francisco

• Francisco said: they were just a standard solusvm + e3's + some SSD caching setup.

There was slabbing, but then someone re-ran the install.sh script like a dutz, and now slabbing's the whole antithesis to good service.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Lee said: Indeed, spineless little fuckers. It's the ones as well that claim to have "left" even recently but are posting under a new account too.

Could I say Spirit ? :P

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @netomx said:
    Could I say Spirit ? :P

And others :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • awarhamawarham Member
    edited September 2015

edit typo

• At least it can't get any worse.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Pwner
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I hope they don't change my discounts on my plans :P I got the $30/yr for 2GB and 2TB BW AFAIK