Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any tutorial of complete data/mysql cloud replication out there + Anycast DNS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any tutorial of complete data/mysql cloud replication out there + Anycast DNS?

t0p3at0p3a Member
edited December 2012 in General

Is there any tutorial out there that i could use as reference to make my own cloud server data/mysql replication + Anycast DNS ?

From example 4 Virtual Servers

I know linode library have some but i don't really understand them.

So your site can stand huge traffic spikes and have failover protection

Comments

• Sadly google found nothing.

• These are actually three distinct operations:

@t0p3a said: cloud server

@t0p3a said: data/mysql replication

@t0p3a said: Anycast DNS

• t0p3at0p3a Member
    edited December 2012

@Damian

Well i don't know that good what all terms mean that's why i am looking to experiment with some builds... but i think you got my point.

A site which have automatic failover and when the user connects he is pointed to the closest dns server for better load times.
    Also data and mysql should always be available if you understand me.
    CDN style.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Hmmm define cloud server :) regarding mysql replication check howtoforge. Anycast - expensive (600EUR for start), requires own AS and at least /24 subnet and selected providers.

• How about instead of anycast, doing this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_DNS

• t0p3at0p3a Member
    edited December 2012

What about removing the Anycast option is it possible to make your own CDN from having multiple virtual servers and have your website online and able to withstand huge traffic spikes or when one server goes offline your site to still be online from a different node?

Mysql should also be always online.

Yes i know about round robin that is they easy part but what about the rest?

Is there a tutorial out there that guides you step by step on how to make something like what i am saying?

GlusterFS or XtremFS for files, Percona Cluster for database, auto syncing with central deployment server via git, Rage4 DNS for DNS with failover and GeoDNS :), UptimeRobot for monitoring

• t0p3at0p3a Member
    edited December 2012

@gbshouse

Yes something like that!

But how since theres alot of configurations to be made and things you have to install and configure is there any good tutorial out there on how to make all that possible?

Can multiple reverse proxy servers protect you from Ddos or huge traffic spike?

Try this: take a piece of paper and plan the project first then do it step by step since there is no easy way to do this. Think about such things like traffic usage, distance between the nodes, latency. Start with something simple like GlusterFS and web server. If you get it up and running add Percona Cluster. On the end add central deployment and cuatom scripts for ex. for creating databases etc. Play&Learn :)

• Thanks for that i guess there is alot of work to be done and not being a company would be hard to keep all that in sync.

Does CDN/Clouds Servers provide data/mysql replication if it would be to buy from a company which is specialized in things like that? Or CDN/CLOUD is only for files and no mysql?

Google it but I prefer to setup it by my own :) it's fun!

• Why do you need Anycast DNS for this? If you just need MySQL replication DNS is NOT required. I'm pretty sure the client side drivers for MySQL are able to handle this without AnyCast. You can just enter multiple IPs and it can work it out for you.