Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[help] HE.NET tunnelbroker on ARRIS TG862G Cable Modem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[help] HE.NET tunnelbroker on ARRIS TG862G Cable Modem

have you ever configure this modem with the ipv6 tunnel from he.net? im playing with it but i dont get it to work.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Not sure you can set it up directly in the arris modem, but dd-wrt router can handle it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • let me post some pictures of my config, maybe someone knows something

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited September 2015

edited September 2015

Pretty sure you can't since your modem can't connect to the IPv6 via it's wan port.

TunnelBroker use your V4 to connect to the endpoint. The Static IPV6 section of your modem is for dedicated and native IPv6 stack provided by your ISP.

• What @davidgestiondbi said, you have to set it up as a GRE tunnel via IPv4 to connect to your local PoP. the IPv6 configuration on that modem is just for IPv6 from your ISP. I use pfSense though I've heard DD-WRT can do it.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
    edited September 2015

@VPSSoldiers said:
    What davidgestiondbi said, you have to set it up as a GRE tunnel via IPv4 to connect to your local PoP. the IPv6 configuration on that modem is just for IPv6 from your ISP. I use pfSense though I've heard DD-WRT can do it.

Exact! Thanks, I didn't get enough coffee for HFC explanation this morning :P

None of the ARRIS Modem, even Motorola one can't do it. I think the Thompson Cable Modem can do it, but will need to validate in firmware to be sure. You should take a PfSense, DD-Wrt, M0n0wall router and do it directly inside it.

Thanked by 1VPSSoldiers
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@davidgestiondbi said:
    None of the ARRIS Modem, even Motorola one can't do it. I think the Thompson Cable Modem can do it, but will need to validate in firmware to be sure. You should take a PfSense, DD-Wrt, M0n0wall router and do it directly inside it.

Or OpenWRT please, I hate ddwrt :(

• thanks, i have another router ther, i will check